Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He kinda did this a couple times this yr Dodger.

Dak will get credit for a 4th quarter comeback against TB but the D won that game because we couldn't close it out with the dinks and dunks. We dominated that game, statistically, had a good performance from our D and got turnovers, and TB still had a chance to win it on the final drive.

I'm not a stats guy but I remember him playing really well and was clutch against Pittsburgh. He answered every time Pitt scored with a score of his own. I'm not down on the guy and if we didn't have what I thought was a more complete QB sitting on the bench, I'd be satisfied where we currently are. But this type of conservative play won't work unless you have a dominating D which we don't currently have.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Which game did he win on the final possession? I honestly don't recall.

Even though they came up a little short, he did move us from our 20 down the field in the opener (the play TW didn't get out of bounds to end game)

The Philly game he had the 11 play 90 yd drive to tie (wasn't final possession, but it was late in the game) and then helped us go right downfield on opening possession of OT to win.

The Pittsburgh game we won on our last possession after getting the ball with less than a minute remaining.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
he's not anywhere near the point where he can carry the team on his back. He's not that kind of QB

Seems to me he was exactly that kind of QB in college and certainly has the potential to do the same in the pros (although I hope the front office continues to build good "teams" around him so he doesn't have to carry the team like Romo had to).

Do you mean he's just not capable at this point in his NFL career of taking on that role?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Even though they came up a little short, he did move us from our 20 down the field in the opener (the play TW didn't get out of bounds to end game)

The Philly game he had the 11 play 90 yd drive to tie (wasn't final possession, but it was late in the game) and then helped us go right downfield on opening possession of OT to win.

The Pittsburgh game we won on our last possession after getting the ball with less than a minute remaining.

You're really reaching. I thought he played well against the Steelers but when the game was on the line he dinked and dunked to the 50 where we were almost out of time. And then the facemask by Pitt (after the refs missed one on the previous play) which put us in FG range. Prescott had very little to do with it. And the rest is history....handoff to Zek who takes it to the house.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems to me he was exactly that kind of QB in college and certainly has the potential to do the same in the pros (although I hope the front office continues to build good "teams" around him so he doesn't have to carry the team like Romo had to).

Do you mean he's just not capable at this point in his NFL career of taking on that role?

Yes. I don't mean to say he can't be that guy down the road. But the story this season is Zek and the D, followed by Dak. Dak is a bus driver which, again, there's nothing wrong with that but our D has to play lights out in the playoffs for this team to have a chance.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You're really reaching. I thought he played well against the Steelers but when the game was on the line he dinked and dunked to the 50 where we were almost out of time. And then the facemask by Pitt (after the refs missed one on the previous play) which put us in FG range. Prescott had very little to do with it. And the rest is history....handoff to Zek who takes it to the house.

I think it could be said you're reaching as much, if not more

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So the facemask didn't put us in FG range in Pitt?

Sure, but how do you know he wouldn't have just completed another throw or two anyway? Wasn't like he had been struggling the whole game or something there.

And I gave you the other examples too.

I don't think its a good idea to think we can put a rookie 4th rd pick in a position where he HAS to win games now, but he has shown he can make plays and doesn't seem overwhelmed. As Yim pointed out, he was basically the whole team at Miss St and it was something he handled well there.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sure, but how do you know he wouldn't have just completed another throw or two anyway? Wasn't like he had been struggling the whole game or something there.

And I gave you the other examples too.

I don't think its a good idea to think we can put a rookie 4th rd pick in a position where he HAS to win games now, but he has shown he can make plays and doesn't seem overwhelmed. As Yim pointed out, he was basically the whole team at Miss St and it was something he handled well there.

It's not a popular opinion based on the success the team has been having thus far, but I think the better QB at this point in time is sitting on the bench. And we're going to enter the playoffs with a rookie. And I don't make that assertion without looking at season in totality. Folks see what they want to see I guess but saw a kid dinking and dunking and that just won't cut it as we deeper into the post season. The real question is whether it's by design by the coaches or is it Dak?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's not a popular opinion based on the success the team has been having thus far, but I think the better QB at this point in time is sitting on the bench. And we're going to enter the playoffs with a rookie. And I don't make that assertion without looking at season in totality. Folks see what they want to see I guess but saw a kid dinking and dunking and that just won't cut it as we deeper into the post season. The real question is whether it's by design by the coaches or is it Dak?

He's 4th in the league in yards per attempt, so it isn't like all he does is step back and throw 5 yd outlets all the time.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's not a popular opinion based on the success the team has been having thus far, but I think the better QB at this point in time is sitting on the bench.

2015 never happened right? 2014 version is going to magically appear and this team becomes a SB winner? No sale. Romo looked done to me last year and they were "managing his back" in training camp before he got hurt AGAIN. Time to move on from this notion IMO.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
so the Eagles will have nine days to prepare for us while we'll have six. better take care of business next Monday night.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
2015 never happened right? 2014 version is going to magically appear and this team becomes a SB winner? No sale. Romo looked done to me last year and they were "managing his back" in training camp before he got hurt AGAIN. Time to move on from this notion IMO.

You very well may be right. It could also be the case that this coaching staff knows this but they want to get something for Romo in return. Problem is, I have little faith in this staff. I know, I know, t's a fucking ugly cycle.

Top Bottom