jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Can't quit thinking about me guys, I'm touched... Not by dbair though, that would be creepy.

The CBA gives him super-dictator powers. And even when it doesn't, he takes it anyway. He's probably the most powerful man in the world. Obama got nothing on him.

On Hardy... I don't now the specifics of North Carolina law, but there's not much doubt in my mind he beat the shit out of her, paid her off, and got off on a technicality.

So he and Jerry have something in common.
I have never been a Goodell hater until now. It has nothing to do with Hardy, but this Hardy situation has made me take a closer look at the clear abuse of power. If I was the players, the first thing I would negotiate in the next CBA would be Goodell and stripping him of his power. No employer should have this much control over a worker's personal life. I don't understand why this wasn't addressed at the last negotiations. Put me in the "I hate Goodell" camp from now on.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He failed to mention Dez beating up his mom.

He DID say "ass through the glass" though.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't know. Maybe I'm the only one, but I love what Dallas is doing this offseason. Something changed (and isn't Garrett). I think either Stephen finally got the reins entirely or McClay has more clout/balls than Ciskowski.

I liked that they avoided paying big money to Murray. They've avoided restructuring deals to just bring everyone back. They signed Free to a reasonable deal which allows you to keep Martin at guard and focus elsewhere in free agency and the draft.

Hardy is a no risk deal. If he plays and produces, he gets paid (and the team will have to restructure some deals then). If not, he doesn't get paid. No long term risk or impact to the cap.

They've avoided restructuring Romo and Carr (who they might force into a pay cut). If they get a deal done with Dez, that frees up some more cap space this year. Gachkar was a young guy that the Patriots were sniffing around as well. McFadden cost nothing really.

The DL could actually be decent next year with Hardy, Lawrence and Crawford. Another 1 tech and some depth would be nice. Another LB is probably needed.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I celebrated by punching my wife in the back so nobody can see the bruise.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't know. Maybe I'm the only one, but I love what Dallas is doing this offseason. Something changed (and isn't Garrett). I think either Stephen finally got the reins entirely or McClay has more clout/balls than Ciskowski.

I liked that they avoided paying big money to Murray. They've avoided restructuring deals to just bring everyone back. They signed Free to a reasonable deal which allows you to keep Martin at guard and focus elsewhere in free agency and the draft.

Hardy is a no risk deal. If he plays and produces, he gets paid (and the team will have to restructure some deals then). If not, he doesn't get paid. No long term risk or impact to the cap.

They've avoided restructuring Romo and Carr (who they might force into a pay cut). If they get a deal done with Dez, that frees up some more cap space this year. Gachkar was a young guy that the Patriots were sniffing around as well. McFadden cost nothing really.

The DL could actually be decent next year with Hardy, Lawrence and Crawford. Another 1 tech and some depth would be nice. Another LB is probably needed.

I'd be happier than Mike Burke in a steakhouse full of amigos if they singed McClain.

That would be a quality offseason IMO.

Reaction score
I'm not as concerned about Hardy's character issues. He deserves a second chance, just like we all need from time to time. I just wish the team wouldn't preach process, character, RKGs, etc. then turn around and sign guys like this. It's all just too hypocritical for me. All NFL teams number one goal should be winning... as long as you feel the guy helps you win and don't get yourself in trouble by signing guys with issues to financially constraining deals, then it's all good IMO. If a guy keeps getting into trouble, eventually the market will take care of it and he won't be in the league anymore.

Just say that it's all about winning though and don't pretend to be operating under a higher standard. You's be more respected if you were honest about it. Nothing wrong with winning being number one.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm not as concerned about Hardy's character issues. He deserves a second chance, just like we all need from time to time. I just wish the team wouldn't preach process, character, RKGs, etc. then turn around and sign guys like this. It's all just too hypocritical for me. All NFL teams number one goal should be winning... as long as you feel the guy helps you win and don't get yourself in trouble by signing guys with issues to financially constraining deals, then it's all good IMO. If a guy keeps getting into trouble, eventually the market will take care of it and he won't be in the league anymore.

Just say that it's all about winning though and don't pretend to be operating under a higher standard. You's be more respected if you were honest about it. Nothing wrong with winning being number one.
+1

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I'd be happier than Mike Burke in a steakhouse full of amigos if they singed McClain.

That would be a quality offseason IMO.

Everything I'm reading is indicating McClain isn't coming back. Sucks ass.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Saw on DC.com where who is doing a promotional film breakdown of Hardy? Dave Freaking Campo. Talking with "Mick" like they're the best of buds and flashing his Superbowl ring for the camera.

And people wonder why no one says anything bad about Jerry? Because once you're in his inner circle, you're pretty much set for life.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
This signing is going to look exponentially worse if Ray Rice doesn't get signed by a team.

You think people don't care for this signing now, wait until we're the line team to employ a known women beater.

I love the move.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Dale Hansen made one of his little videos about Hardy.

Called out just about everyone including Jason's old man, Jim.

Little over the top, but pretty accurately sums up the sentiment you see at CZ although not the same argument. They don't admit all they care about is Sunday, which would be much more tolerable. They make up all the reasons why the guilty verdict, the accuser, and the judge are all just invalid or are horrible people who basically pushed an agenda in some way or the other.

I can't wait until next offseason when he departs and they start looking for reasons why he isn't anywhere near as good as they claim right now. Suh or Watt contract status? Give me a fucking break.

Reaction score
So Garrett said yesterday at owners' meetings...

"If we didn't think Greg Hardy could BECOME the right kind of guy, he wouldn't be here."

LOL Shocking double-down of the bullshit Garrett.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Exactly, pep. Just pathetic. Now we're the morality car wash of the NFL... Come in dirty, go out clean.

He also said "There was a lot we liked about him as a person." Give me a break.

Why is it so hard to say, "He's had his troubles, but the NFL is allowing him to play. If he doesn't act right he'll be gone, but for now we're giving him a chance" and leave it at that?

Last edited:

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So Garrett said yesterday at owners' meetings...

"If we didn't think Greg Hardy could BECOME the right kind of guy, he wouldn't be here."

LOL Shocking double-down of the bullshit Garrett.

Hardy's a PRKG?

Potential RKG?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
that entire organization is fucking shameless. to double down with the "RKG" horseshit takes a lot of balls. they're just laughing at us at this point.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
to double down with the "RKG" horseshit takes a lot of balls.
When most of the fandom out here are idiots and are buy-ins, it doesn't take ANY balls to keep saying shit that works with morons.

Top Bottom