ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I loved how Troy kept referring to him "the owner" and not Jerry.

Almost like Parcells calling TO "the player." Didn't even want to say his name.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
"I'm not sure that Tony, if it was left up to the owner, wouldn't be the starter now, just based on the comments that I've heard in the last couple weeks," Aikman said

:lol I don't think Aikman is a big fan of jeri, the phrasing of his comment strikes me as a subtle dig.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Troy Boy making some of the same points we already made here...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I suppose it's just a coinky-dink that after the three game in 12 days thing they had 10 days to "coach" Dak some more, and Jerry started saying his stupid shit during that time, and Dak goes out and lays his first real egg.

Meanwhile the "coaching" seemed to entail Dak not running at all, and not throwing to Zeke at all. And seems to have included Dak standing back there taking hits.... In short, looking a lot more like Romo rather than Dak.

But yeah, coinky-dink.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
What if dbair was Troy in real life? That would make everyone giving him shit over his Drew Bledsoe avatar even better.

Don't you ever insult Aikman like that again. If you do, I cannot guarantee I can contain my fury.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I suppose it's just a coinky-dink that after the three game in 12 days thing they had 10 days to "coach" Dak some more, and Jerry started saying his stupid shit during that time, and Dak goes out and lays his first real egg.

Meanwhile the "coaching" seemed to entail Dak not running at all, and not throwing to Zeke at all. And seems to have included Dak standing back there taking hits.... In short, looking a lot more like Romo rather than Dak.

But yeah, coinky-dink.

Coaching is what worries me about Dak. He's been good up to this point because the coaching hasnt had long enough to really mess him up.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Coaching is what worries me about Dak. He's been good up to this point because the coaching hasnt had long enough to really mess him up.
There's a crowd out there who thinks the coaching is the whole reason for Dak's success so soon. Those who preach that obviously didn't watch the 0-11 run we had last year with this genius coaching of three different QBs who then managed to go on to win games with other teams.

Yes I think they're screwing him up.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
There's a crowd out there who thinks the coaching is the whole reason for Dak's success so soon. Those who preach that obviously didn't watch the 0-11 run we had last year with this genius coaching of three different QBs who then managed to go on to win games with other teams.

That steaming pile last season exposed Garrett and Company for the frauds they are without any doubt. Anybody that could watch that debacle with a couple of veteran QB's and think that somehow the same coaches are the reason for Dak's success are loonier than the all the liberals out of their minds over the Trump victory.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Actually according to an article a couple months ago Dak said he assimilated quickly because Mullen ran Linehan's offense from their days at Louisville, same terminology etc. The difference between last couple games and when the offense was clicking is IMO is that before they were in 3rd and manageable most of the time, now its constantly third and long. Defenses are stacking the box and taking Dez out with either a good corner, or an average corner and safety bracket. Defenses will give you three yards and a cloud of dust shit to Witten all day long. They couldnt figure out a way to stretch the field last year either so I am not optimistic about them solving the problem. Besides questionable coaching, the receivers are pedestrian at best.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

But yeah, coinky-dink.

I didn't see too many running lanes for Dak out there. Teams are putting spies out there for him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I didn't see too many running lanes for Dak out there. Teams are putting spies out there for him.
Soooo... We don't throw to Zeke? And we don't take advantage of them when they have a 'Dak spy' because that's risky to do for long against a good coach ya know.

Oh.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

But yeah, coinky-dink.

Never witnessed a coach that would deliberately handicap their own team, 1.) going away from the strength of the team and that has gotten it to this point, and 2.) changing the style of the QB at this juncture.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is from Bucky Brooks NFL Notebook this week, scouts comments on Prescott and Romo:

"He has definitely left some points on the field," an NFC scout said of Prescott. "He's missed some throws that Romo would've made from the pocket. Not that Romo is perfect, but we've seen him make big play after big play in that offense. Dak hasn't consistently done that of late."

The scout went on to tell me that Romo's experience would benefit the Cowboys' offense because the veteran knows how to read coverage and he's less likely to get fooled by a pre-snap disguise in a critical situation.

"Romo can consistently get them into the right play," the scout said. "I don't know if Dak is completely ready to handle that responsibility at this stage of his career."

"I really like Dak," an NFC secondary coach told me. "I think he is exceptional as a rookie quarterback. He is a leader and understands his limitations. He and the running back (Ezekiel Elliott) are good enough to win it all, but it can't be just about the quarterback. ... Even if that's the case, I like him better than Romo. No. 9 is a splash player who makes critical mistakes at the wrong time of the game. Don't get me wrong: He will make a 'wow' play, but sometimes it's the wrong kind of 'wow' play."

Top Bottom