MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think you guys have to also factor in that Dak has been a Cowboys fan for a while. Just like the rest of us he expects Jerry to say some really stupid shit. I honestly doubt this affects Dak at all. All he had to do is continue playing well and he'll control whether or not Romo gets on the field.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I doubt any of these new players give two shits about what Jerry says.
Exactly. They probably see Jerry as a boss -- he's rich beyond belief and has the most opulent stajium in football.

As irritating as Jerry is to us fans, I don't think the players pay attention to what he says.

Reaction score
This is even more comical when you consider Dak tweeted in 2012 basically calling Romo a choker.

Ps can't wait until Jerry dies.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
At this point, Jerry is everyone's grandfather.

You love him and try like hell to ignore all the stupid and/or racist shit he says.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i believe dak rolls his eyes at the shit jerry says. remember jerry saying dak is the daddy because he used a stiff arm? and dak reacted like ok i don't know what this old man is talking about.

:lol sure hope so, if true, there's yet another notch on his belt.

Cant believe how lucky we are to have this guy. How he lasted until basically the 5th round is mind boggling.

The scouting market is obviously still very inefficient

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He did not call Dak a bus driver. That is a reach even for you, Dooms. Jesus Christ.
It's been out there, other people calling him that. That and "Dak and dunk." For some reason Jerry felt he HAD to say Romo wouldn't be a bus driver. Which means he thinks Dak is one, or he's just basically running down all backup quarterbacks while at the same time expressing his wish for Dak to get hurt.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
It's been out there, other people calling him that. That and "Dak and dunk." For some reason Jerry felt he HAD to say Romo wouldn't be a bus driver. Which means he thinks Dak is one, or he's just basically running down all backup quarterbacks while at the same time expressing his wish for Dak to get hurt.

Either that, or he's half fucking senile and doesn't know what he's even saying half the time. It's one of those two, I'm sure.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Either that, or he's half fucking senile and doesn't know what he's even saying half the time.
Half senile and half drunk, saying what he really thinks with no filter, as drunks are wont to do.

See? It becomes less and less of a reach the more you think about it.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
:lol sure hope so, if true, there's yet another notch on his belt.

Cant believe how lucky we are to have this guy. How he lasted until basically the 5th round is mind boggling.

The scouting market is obviously still very inefficient

I heard somewhere the other day that Elway said if they weren't able to land Lynch in the 1st round their plan was to take Dak in the 2nd round.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I heard somewhere the other day that Elway said if they weren't able to land Lynch in the 1st round their plan was to take Dak in the 2nd round.

He'd be so perfect in that offense. Of course what we do isn't much different anymore.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No.... actually, it doesn't.

Senile, doesn't know what he's saying, known to booze it up and also known to be stupid, but it's a reach to think he might believe Dak is a "bus driver" QB and might even slip up and backdoor say it.

Here's the reach: More and more facebook comments saying this is about Jerry not liking Dak's dark skin, and therefore pines for Romo back out there.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Senile, doesn't know what he's saying, known to booze it up and also known to be stupid, but it's a reach to think he might believe Dak is a "bus driver" QB and might even slip up and backdoor say it.

Here's the reach: More and more facebook comments saying this is about Jerry not liking Dak's dark skin, and therefore pines for Romo back out there.

Whoever is saying that is an idiot. Jerry's the one that reached for Quincy Carter.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry did not want Dak, but he did want Manziel. That's all you really need to know.

right, he's an idiot

I cant stand the man despite how idiotic he can be at times, he isn't making decisions based on skin pigment

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's because he's an idiot, not a racist.

He's probably both. But like the rest of you, I do not believe that race was a factor in him not wanting Dak. Part of me understands his loyalty to Romo with all the money invested in him, and for Romo making the Cowboys relevant, but yes... by and large he's a fool. A rich fool.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
DMN: Aikman "dumbfounded" by Jones' QB comments

In other words, Troy thinks Jerry should STFU

Troy Aikman thinks that if Jerry Jones were the only one with a say in the Cowboys' quarterback controversy, Tony Romo would have replaced rookie Dak Prescott under center by now.

"I'm not sure that Tony, if it was left up to the owner, wouldn't be the starter now, just based on the comments that I've heard in the last couple weeks," Aikman said Thursday morning in an interview with KTCK-AM 1310 The Ticket.

But with the Cowboys sitting at 11-2 without Romo, Aikman says he just doesn't get why Jones keeps dropping comments that keep the quarterback quandary alive.

"I'm just really dumbfounded by the comments, and not only the first time, but why they continue," Aikman said.

"I don't understand why you would talk."

In the past week, Jones has been quoted at different points as saying that "you'll know it when you see it" is time for Romo to come back into the game, and "what a story, one for the ages, if he'd step in there and this year help us win a Super Bowl on the field with his skill."

"If Tony ends up getting in the game at some point, great," Aikman told The Ticket. "But to dismiss what a young rookie quarterback has done -- know what would be a great story would be if a rookie quarterback takes this team to a Super Bowl championship. That'd be a great story.

"Whether Romo is a part of that ultimately and gets on the field and plays, if he does that'd be great. I mean he's put a lot of time in this city and he's meant a lot to the organization. But if he doesn't and they do it a different way, then that's great, too. The bottom line is winning games, so I just don't understand it."

Aikman said the he can't speak to whether Jones' talk has adversely affected Prescott, who's maintained that he's not listening to it, in Sunday's loss to the Giants or in the past few games.

He also warned about comparing Romo and Prescott too closely.

"These two quarterbacks are different players. And to try to put Dak in the box of Romo is just as unfair as trying to put Romo in the same box as Dak," Aikman said. "They're just different guys. There's things that Dak does exceptionally well. He's not going to force the ball, he's not going to take chances downfield. They don't have as much big-play ability with Dak at quarterback that they've had in years past with Romo. But what they then make up for is they don't turn the ball over like they did when Romo was quarterback either. It's a matter of what is your believe and philosophy and what's important to you."

CompoundFracture

Spectator
Reaction score
If I ever had a chance to meet Jerry Jones, I would decline. Or avoid it at all costs. And I would absolutely never work for the man.

Dude is certifiable.

Top Bottom