Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As long as da Kraken gives QBs something to deal with. That's my expectations for him right now. I don't think he's going to get double digit sacks for us this year, but I think he definitely ups Mincey's team-leading 6 from last year.

8 or 9 is my guess.

I agree
He may not rerturn fully to his former glory. But the opposing OC has to account for him and game plan for him. Regardless of how many sacks he ends up with at the end of the season he will take pressure off our other guys because he will be double teamed at times. He will help to collapse the pocket. He will help to put pressure on the QB. All of that allows for our other guys to perform better. If Hardy gets double teamed that frees up others to get more sacks.

If Hardy starts to drive his man back and they need to pull a RB to help block or turn him that is one less person to pick up a blitz from Lee or whoever

What I'm saying is his presence on the field will help make the rest of our guys better by creating more opportunities. Even if Hardy himself isn't getting the sack, It opens it up for someone else to. Or to put more pressure on the QB. Or to get a hand on him and disrupt his timing or his throw.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We pretty much expected that. He missed all of training camp. He hasn't practiced or played since the Green Bay playoff game because he had his knee scoped. So I didn't expect him to be in the best of shape

But Hardy did make camp and played in the preseason so I do expect him to be in better shape. Not game shape yet. But at least in better shape than McClain

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Since you're on a roll lately, why don't you use your prediction powers for good and not evil?
I don't predict good or evil. I just go with what I think.

"I never gave them hell. I gave them the truth and they thought it was hell."

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is just optimistic speculation. You don't and can't possibly, know what's actually going to happen. Just like the little kid with the new toy analogy posted earlier.

2 sacks in the first six minutes for Hardy, 3 by the half! 2 for Crawford at the half. Two other knockdowns for Hardy by the half. Brady sacked 5 times in a half for the first time in his career!

This is what I was talking about Hardy bringing to the table. He led our team in sacks with in 6 minutes of his first game!

Don't tell me that's not shit to get excited about!

And he makes the team better and allowed others to get sacks as well. Exactly like I said he would!

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Both of Crawford's sacks came when da Kraken was on the bench. Just saying.

It is exciting. He's exceeded my expectations thus far.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One of them did, one he was on the field. I didn't see it, I just heard that Crawford sack came because of the pressure from Hardy

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Both of Crawford's sacks came when da Kraken was on the bench. Just saying.

It is exciting. He's exceeded my expectations thus far.

He has exceeding Mine too!

And I was the one everyone was shitting on for being excited about him. lol

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This guy is going to be a huge disappointment to some people.

I can already see it. I'll be surprised if he records more than 6 sacks.

Well he's half way there in one game! I think he will surpass six sacks for the season

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Why? So you can crash with disappointment again?

You gotta learn to manage your expectations, s0n. 20 years of mediocrity teaches this, to some people. Two criminals coming back from suspension - one of which was always a conditioning problem anyway - isn't anything to get excited about.

That is, until they fucking DO something out there. THAT is the time to get excited.

I got what I expected and more! 2 sacks in 6 minutes of the start of the game! He led our team in sacks within the first six minutes of stepping on the field for is for the first time. Fuck yeah I'll take that! This guy is no joke

Now you see why I was excited about this guy. He is exactly as advertised and more. He also had three knockdowns, one stripped ball and I'm not sure how many hurries. Simms said that Crawford's sack came because of Hardy's pressure. That's what I was saying before. It's not just his sacks that he brings to the table. It's the opportunities that our other guys get because of him and the pressure he brings.

He came in and immediately made a difference

You suggested I manage my expectations. Well he not only lived up to my expectations he surpassed them

So has he proven worthy of your praise yet?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Please. This is Belechick. He's made this guy irrelevant before when they've played Carolina, without any game planning or double teaming.

He didn't this time. Brady was sacked five times in the first half for the first time in his career

That's huge

Reaction score
If Greg Hardy pressures oppsoing QB's every game like he did today, idgaf how many women he beats the shit out of.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I personally don't give a shit what a player does when he's not on the field

Just like my boss doesn't give a shit what I do after work. It's none of his business. it's none of my business what a player does off the field.

Unless it takes him away from playing otherwise I could care less

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dez is reported to be scheduled to come back after the bye vs the NYG too

Garrett said after the game that they would use the bye to evaluate the QB position

So we might get Cassell, Dez, and Gregory on the field next game

It looks like things might be looking up for us finally

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think we're still fucked with the current offensive system being designed for Romo but being run by players who well, um, aren't Romo.

Top Bottom