Reaction score
There are still perrenial question marks still on the team. These are players that are probably not welcome on any other team in the NFL. It's almost nepotism where the Garrett Summer Camp counselors (i.e. Garretts personnel dept not named McClay) have such a familiarity with the Wilber, the Heath, the TWilly, the Swaim, and the Keith Smith that despite yearly penurious production and/or liability, they just get to stay on the team and take up space. Smith is unnecessary when you have Hanna or Witten or especially a WR who can block better than catch. Wilber does zero. Swaim is only on the team because one of the Jones granddaughters knew him at Texas. He's like Wilber. Just a guy with no valuable talent to keep over looking for a better player.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Just seen that the Bucs have traded JJ Wilcox and a 2019 7th to the Steelers in exchange for a 2018 6th. I guess the signing of TJ Ward made him expendable.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So let me get this straight:

1) Kellen Moore handed 2nd QB job in offseason with no competition and basically no effort to sign anyone to challenge him
2) Cowboys sign a few afterthought 3rd string guys as mostly camp arms
3) One of those afterthought guys, Cooper Rush grossly outplays Moore all throughout training camp and preseason
4) Eventually staff/FO realizes Rush is better and wont clear waivers. He starts taking 2nd team reps away from Moore and makes the 53 man roster
5) Moore is a vet who commands league vet minimum. Gets cut because team knows he sux and nobody will want him but allows them to make the Rico to IR move safely
6) Two to three days later, Moore is being resigned and now coaching staff says "backup QB spot is undecided"

Yeah, makes sense

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting. Cant imagine they'd sign him instead of Moore (which is what they seem to be suggesting in the article). Maybe they want a QB on the PS.

David Smoak @DavidSmoak
Former #Baylor QB Seth Russell telling me via text he has a workout with the @dallascowboys on Monday. #NFL @S_Russell17

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
maybe we need someone to toss a few noodles to our defense in practice?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We released Emmet Cleary who was immediately picked up by the Lions

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It just popped up in my feed so I assumed it was more recent than that

Top Bottom