LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
6 game stretch will be tough.

I can see it doing us in and Garrett getting the axe.

I could also see us hanging on, earning a playoff spot, and getting destroyed in the playoffs. Jerry will point to the great start and bring back Jason. That is the nightmare scenario.

From your mouth (fingertips) to God's ears (eyes).

Really now. What's the point of making the playoffs only to be one and done? Just spinning wheels.

The worse scenario: we make the playoffs and end up one and done. Garrett gets extended. Following year... we go back to 8-8 or worse. Jerry still keeps Garrett. The year afterwards... the wheels really come off, and the damage is irreparable. And then maybe... just maybe... Jerry will get rid of Garrett --- but allows him to finish the season. By then of course it's too late.

That is how I see this playing out.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As long as Romo and the O-line can stay healthy, i think the Cowboys get into the playoffs easily. Not even Garrett can fuck it up. You can call the shittiest game plan and a great O-line will still block it up. My biggest concern is still that defense. I just dont trust them.

Go back to the fucking Redskins' game. DON'T EVER TELL US THAT GARRETT CAN'T FUCK SHIT UP! That game was a monumental reminder.

This asshole freezes his own kicker... don't tell us he cannot fuck shit up.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
As long as Romo and the O-line can stay healthy, i think the Cowboys get into the playoffs easily. Not even Garrett can fuck it up. You can call the shittiest game plan and a great O-line will still block it up. My biggest concern is still that defense. I just dont trust them.
A offense continuing to earn 60%-plus 3rd down success rate thereby allowing the defense to play alot fewer snaps, insulates the defense somewhat and also helps with the injury bug there. If the o-line dominates the line of scrimmage and protects the QB, the lousiest defense improves tremendously.

Reaction score
Go back to the fucking Redskins' game. DON'T EVER TELL US THAT GARRETT CAN'T FUCK SHIT UP! That game was a monumental reminder.

This asshole freezes his own kicker... don't tell us he cannot fuck shit up.

Garrett cant fuck up the season is what im talking about. Alot of reasons why the Cowboys lost to the Skins. BTW, all this blame on Garrett makes no sense to me. Garrett is a fuckin puppet.

But if you are giving him credit...then he is coaching a 7-3 team. Cant flip flop back and forth.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett cant fuck up the season is what im talking about. Alot of reasons why the Cowboys lost to the Skins. BTW, all this blame on Garrett makes no sense to me. Garrett is a fuckin puppet.

But if you are giving him credit...then he is coaching a 7-3 team. Cant flip flop back and forth.

If he stands on the sidelines and just claps and slap the players on the back after a good play and JUST DOES THAT... don't mess with the play calling then maybe.

No. Not a lot of reasons why the Cowboys lost to the Redskins. ONE REASON: Garrett.

He took over the playcalling, in addition to his inability to counter the blitz. Being stupid: on the 3 yard line at 2nd and goal, but instead of punching it in with the BEST RB IN THE LEAGUE... and one of the best OLs IN THE LEAGUE... he chose to pass on all of those downs and we had to settle for a FG. A TD in that situation would have won the game.

In OT... he does the shit again. Murray rushes for 8 yard on first down. It's 2nd and 2, and he passes on all the remaining downs. We ose the game.

Reaction score
If he stands on the sidelines and just claps and slap the players on the back after a good play and JUST DOES THAT... don't mess with the play calling then maybe.

No. Not a lot of reasons why the Cowboys lost to the Redskins. ONE REASON: Garrett.

He took over the playcalling, in addition to his inability to counter the blitz. Being stupid: on the 3 yard line at 2nd and goal, but instead of punching it in with the BEST RB IN THE LEAGUE... and one of the best OLs IN THE LEAGUE... he chose to pass on all of those downs and we had to settle for a FG. A TD in that situation would have won the game.

In OT... he does the shit again. Murray rushes for 8 yard on first down. It's 2nd and 2, and he passes on all the remaining downs. We ose the game.

How do you know that? As far as i know Linehan is still calling the plays. So if something good happens, Garrett wasnt involved. If something bad happens, its Garrett’s fault. The logic you guys use is retarded.

BTW, every game i watch, teams throw from the goal line. Its not something out of the ordinary. They all do it.

The loss to the Skins was a team loss. Defense couldnt get the Skins off the field on 3rd downs. Cowboys were able to move the ball but they had too many turnovers. Cowboys also had no answer for the blitz. When do we blame Romo? I mean he wants to be an offensive coordinator, you are telling me he couldnt use hot routes? Murray misses his blitz pickup...Garrett’s fault right? These fucking guys have been in the league long enough to figure it out.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score

I could also see us hanging on, earning a playoff spot, and getting destroyed in the playoffs. Jerry will point to the great start and bring back Jason. That is the nightmare scenario.

Bringing Garret back is almost inconsequential; Jerry is erratic. He can dump Ginger after a crappy start to a new season when it becomes obvious his stars have aged and a puppet coach has no effect. Regardless of that, what will change anyway? He'll probably call Denny Green to replace him, or some other equally unattractive and ineffectual prospect. This push to get Garrett gone is only a momentary reason for hope. Whomever replaces him will be just as useless.

This season is likely the last best chance for this current team to win big. Romo is clearly not going to last much longer with the beating he takes and without him, it won't matter who's running and catching. We can only hope for luck in spite of poor decision making and let the chips fall where they may. A great season and Ginger re-signed, or a shit season and some other dysfunctional coaching family installed, either way '15 is probably going to blow chunks.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Back to the playoffs.... heres why I'm not optomistic about our chances:

First, we have the three games in 11 days stretch. We play on Sunday night, in New York, then have to fly home and play on Thursday. Both of those are division games. The Giants seem to be in disarray, but Eli always seems to get up for us and he was playing the Seahawks tough at home before the wheels fell off against Seattle. Seattle had a jillion rush yards, but a decent number of them came from Wilson and Romo obviously lacks that mobility. Still, we should win that game.

I think we split with Philly.

Then we travel to Chicago. They're in disarray. But I can't feel good about Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffries, and Martellus Bennett against our secondary. They're all 6'9" ffs.

Indy at Indy will probably be a loss.

Week 17 is in Washington. Garrett has no answer for Haslett. That'll be a dogfight. And quite frankly, if its a win and get in scenario, I dont like our odds based on very recent history.

I don't know. We may get in. I just don't have confidence in this team for obvious reasons. Starts at the top down.

Every game left on the schedule makes me nervous and given their poor performances in recent Decembers, I can't help but wonder if we're in for another nut punch.

I am mystified how Chicago can be that bad with some of the talent they have. Even with a bad defense, their offense should be able to score on anyone but they seem to really struggle, maybe those big guys are too slow? I expect all that to change when they have to go play in Chicago. It will probably be colder than a witches titty as well. My only hope is that the beating they had last year is burning in their brains to play their asses off.

They're on a precarious slope with a fragile Romo, if he can stay upright, I like their chances in any game, its gonna be a stressful 6 weeks, hopefully history doesn't repeat itself.

Not that its gonna make much difference, but Dallas is at home vs Indy. (Gawd, I wish they had tanked for Luck, can you imagine if they had, didn't extend Romo traded him for some picks and ended up with some good extra draft picks salary cap room and Luck?)

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How do you know that? As far as i know Linehan is still calling the plays. So if something good happens, Garrett wasnt involved. If something bad happens, its Garrett’s fault. The logic you guys use is retarded.

I know like everyone else ---except you, we all know Garrett's play calling M.O. We've seen it way too many times, long before Linehan's arrival. Way too many times. The over-reliance of the passing game when not necessary. Poor clock management. Failure to make in-game adjustments. I can go on.

BTW, every game i watch, teams throw from the goal line. Its not something out of the ordinary. They all do it.

Not near as much frequency as Garrett. Garrett on average will call 3:1 pass plays on a goal line series. You are a lie to sit up here and try to convince us that teams that have a decent RB and are on the goal line will only run the ball once --- if that, and pass the rest of the time --- he literally forces the pass. And yes, most sane people would regard it as unusual and downright idiotic, for an HC that has the best RB in the NFL, and one of the best OLs... and yet on goal line situations still prefers to pass more than run.

The loss to the Skins was a team loss. Defense couldnt get the Skins off the field on 3rd downs.

Just stop. Seriously. Please stop. Because you're being foolish.

The Redskins were 6-14 or 42% in 3rd down conversion. Ok. So kill that crap f how the defense could not get the Redskins off the field on 3rd downs.

Cowboys were able to move the ball but they had too many turnovers.

Too many turnovers...? SHUT. UP. TWO TURNOVERS IS ALL THEY HAD. They fumbled 4 times, and lost two of them. The Cowboys fumbled twice and lost them against the superior Seahawks and overcame it.

Cowboys also had no answer for the blitz.

Coaching error, genius. We had an answer for the blitz, but Garrett was too much of an idiot to employ it. We ran a WR screen to Williams that resulted in a 1st down, and Garrett never ran it again.

Defending against a blitz is not that hard, especially one where the Redskins sold out on it. Any other HC worth their salt would have made the Redskins pay.

When do we blame Romo? I mean he wants to be an offensive coordinator, you are telling me he couldnt use hot routes? Murray misses his blitz pickup...Garrett’s fault right? These fucking guys have been in the league long enough to figure it out.

Romo completed 60% of his passes and INTs. Yeah let's blame him. There were no hot reads. Garrett was still trying to have Romo throw down field.

And how many blitz pickups did Murray miss? He can only bock one guy at a time.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That whole notion is complete bullshit.

And the people who argue that that is what we're doing know they are full of shit. This isn't the 1970's anymore. 33% of the roster is turned over every year. And the teams who have these legacies of long term recent success (Pittsburgh/New England/Indianapolis) did so with elite QB's. With Indianapolis being so retardedly lucky to go from Peyton, then Luck. Wow.

We don't have that. We have an elite QB who's prime was wasted with shitty coaching, and literally no young prospect worth a damn behind him. Sorry Dooms, Vaughn probably isnt the answer.

Agreed but there's no arguing the point with some folks. "Garrett turned over roster"....so did every other team....."Garrett got younger"....so did most every other team. "Garrett built the lines and took him years; it was part of the process"........It's utterly fucking ridiculous.

The NFL, or more specifically Dallas, is more like the WWE and the young fans think of the Cowboys as being Jerry/Garrett and that's where their emotional investment lies. They have no concept of the past, none whatsoever so they can compare Garrett to Landry and not quite understand how fucking stupid they sound. They have no appreciation for what Jimmy did with our lunatic owner and look at Miami as some evidence of his inadequacy here. It's a complete bizzarro world.

But it's completely unacceptable in a league full of parity to miss out on the playoffs 4 straight years with a franchise QB. God I despise Garrett and Jerry with every fiber of my being.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If it was truly a "done deal" it'd be a done deal. That fact that it isn't and that nobody will say with any certainty "he's the coach going forward" says they still don't know.

They should wait it out and see what happens. If they miss the playoffs he wont be here next year IMO, regardless of what the record is.

If they make the playoffs and have respectable performance/s in those games, then he will almost assuredly get an extension.

Reaction score
I know like everyone else ---except you, we all know Garrett's play calling M.O. We've seen it way too many times, long before Linehan's arrival. Way too many times. The over-reliance of the passing game when not necessary. Poor clock management. Failure to make in-game adjustments. I can go on.

Scott Linehan is calling the plays. Garrett doesnt talk, he claps. Do you actually watch the games?

Not near as much frequency as Garrett. Garrett on average will call 3:1 pass plays on a goal line series. You are a lie to sit up here and try to convince us that teams that have a decent RB and are on the goal line will only run the ball once --- if that, and pass the rest of the time --- he literally forces the pass. And yes, most sane people would regard it as unusual and downright idiotic, for an HC that has the best RB in the NFL, and one of the best OLs... and yet on goal line situations still prefers to pass more than run.

Proof or just pulling stats out of your ass?

Just stop. Seriously. Please stop. Because you're being foolish.

The Redskins were 6-14 or 42% in 3rd down conversion. Ok. So kill that crap f how the defense could not get the Redskins off the field on 3rd downs.

What were the stats in the second half? That’s what i was referencing.

Too many turnovers...? SHUT. UP. TWO TURNOVERS IS ALL THEY HAD. They fumbled 4 times, and lost two of them. The Cowboys fumbled twice and lost them against the superior Seahawks and overcame it.

You are a ******.

Coaching error, genius. We had an answer for the blitz, but Garrett was too much of an idiot to employ it. We ran a WR screen to Williams that resulted in a 1st down, and Garrett never ran it again.

Defending against a blitz is not that hard, especially one where the Redskins sold out on it. Any other HC worth their salt would have made the Redskins pay.

It was a bad game all the way around. Team loss.

Romo completed 60% of his passes and INTs. Yeah let's blame him. There were no hot reads. Garrett was still trying to have Romo throw down field.

And how many blitz pickups did Murray miss? He can only bock one guy at a time.

The last Romo fumble, Murray missed his block. I didnt rewatch the game, but thanks for making me rehash it. Now fuck off. :razz

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Scott Linehan is calling the plays. Garrett doesnt talk, he claps. Do you actually watch the games?

Not always. And you are a fool if you think so. I guarantee you I've watched more of Linehan's play calling than you, particularly when he was the OC up here in Minnesota and in Detroit. And I've watched Garrett's. The Redskins game playcalling was a complete departure from the previous 7 game, particularly with the running (lack thereof).

Proof or just pulling stats out of your ass?

It's always either dick or ass and some pulling with you. Not going to touch it.

What were the stats in the second half? That’s what i was referencing.

No you weren't because you didn't specify, liar. Go look it up yourself. They converted only six 3rd downs out of 14. There is not going to be much variance between either half, and then throw in OT as well... your shit is weak.

You are a ******.

Coming from a guy.. that wanted Manziel... like Jerry. Nuff said.

It was a bad game all the way around. Team loss.

Enough to still overcome and take the win, had it been a superior coaching. No team plays its best in every game, but were it not for lousy coaching the Cowboys could have, should have, and would have persevered.

The last Romo fumble, Murray missed his block. I didnt rewatch the game, but thanks for making me rehash it. Now fuck off. :razz

Did Romo lose the fumble? Then shit the fuck up.

Reaction score
They should wait it out and see what happens. If they miss the playoffs he wont be here next year IMO, regardless of what the record is.

If they make the playoffs and have respectable performance/s in those games, then he will almost assuredly get an extension.

You were saying that all last year too.

maxdallasfan

Spectator
Reaction score

This

Top Bottom