NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
@RapSheet: #Cowboys are aggressively working on a deal to lock up DT Tyrone Crawford long-term, sources says. They hope to get it done before Sunday

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Good. I think we have like 11 of our 22 defensive 2-deep in the last year of their contracts.

Reaction score
Needs to be done now before he blows up this year. Everyone, and I mean everyone, has been raving about how awesome he's looked in camp.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I remember many bitching and moaning when he was drafted too.

Really solid player who still has a lot of upside, hope we get him wrapped up long term.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score

Really solid player who still has a lot of upside, hope we get him wrapped up long term.

Wrap yourself up in this nutsack like a blanket.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
He's at Rock's house tonight, you go ahead and snuggle up, sweetie.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

People were "upset" because we were a 3-4 team and Crawford was a clear 4-3 defensive lineman.

but apologize away....

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
People were "upset" because we were a 3-4 team and Crawford was a clear 4-3 defensive lineman.

but apologize away....

Yeah guys never play one scheme in college and adopt to something else in the pros...never happens

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Some players can adjust but there is such a thing as scheme specific players.

A 4-3 RDE can usually make the adjustment to 3-4 OLB.

3-Tech's normally don't have a home in a 3-4.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Couldn't they play DE in a 3-4? Kinda like hatcher.

Some can, but I wouldn't call Hatcher a pure 3-Tech. At 6'6" and 300 lbs he is better suited for 3-4 DE. He had a great year, also a contract year, his last year but he was a surprise to the staff. He was moved there due to injuries. He was drafted to play 3-4 DE and is back playing that for the Redskins.

My opinion on Tyrone Crawford was that he's a 4-3 LDE that can slide in and play DT on passing downs. He has played both positions for the Cowboys but has really developed at 3Tech.

I'm talking about guys like Aaron Donald, Geno Atkins, and Henry Melton.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
@RapSheet: More details on Tyrone Crawford’s monster, 5-year, $45M extension. $25.7M in guarantees, $17.4M fully guaranteed. Cowboys do it a year early

Reaction score
Love that we locked him up, but shit that's top dollar. You'd think he was coming off a 10 sack season.

I was hoping doing it a year early, and with his injury history, we'd get a semi-deal. Not top dollar.

Don't love this contract, honestly.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It is a shit ton of money for someone that hasn't produced on the field, but if he lives up to what we think he can do it will be a steal. When you see the money Dareus, Suh and McCoy got he would have probably cost much more next offseason.

Top Bottom