Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Whatever happened to the "you don't pay for 1 good year of play" idea at CZ?

You don't pay for 1 good year of play.......well, unless it's a player currently on the team who we really like. Then it's okay.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

You don't pay for 1 good year of play.......well, unless it's a player currently on the team who we really like. Then it's okay.

Great point.....but just to ask, what would you define as a "good" year? Is Crawford one of the top DL in the NFL?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

~ animated hammer/nail on blue star background ~

hammer_nail.gif

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Great point.....but just to ask, what would you define as a "good" year? Is Crawford one of the top DL in the NFL?

Nope. He's a young guy with a very small body of work who has looked like he has a future. That's about it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
More details on Tyrone Crawford’s monster, 5-year, $45M extension. $25.7M in guarantees, $17.4M fully guaranteed. Cowboys do it a year early
Mah Gawd isn't that something in the neighborhood of Murray money the Eagles gave?

We couldn't afford Murray but we can spend this, on CRAWFORD?

Color me really confused now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nobody ever said they couldn't "afford" Murray. They deemed his position wasn't worth the large investment.

Crawford plays a much more valuable position (in their eyes, and probably pushed hard by Marinelli).

His sack numbers weren't great last yr but this guy was constantly in the backfield. With better edge rushers around him, his sack totals will probably go up.

Reaction score
I think it was smart move by the Cowboys. Locking him up now while he is still affordable. Everyone who follows the Cowboys can see what he is about to become. DCU (i don’t watch games) posters, can’t.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Nobody ever said they couldn't "afford" Murray. They deemed his position wasn't worth the large investment.

Crawford plays a much more valuable position (in their eyes, and probably pushed hard by Marinelli).

His sack numbers weren't great last yr but this guy was constantly in the backfield. With better edge rushers around him, his sack totals will probably go up.

It really isn't about the sack numbers for Crawford. If he can continually penetrate into the backfield; there is going to be no pocket for a QB to step up into and he'll have to go outside. Hopefully into the waiting arms of either Lawrence, Hardy, Mincey or Gregory.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No doubt this years DE's will make a huge difference.

Crawford looked good last yr but was barely one yr removed from that Achilles injury, he should be even better now.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm just saying that people are always going to look at Crawford's sack numbers to try and justify or tear down the extension.

That doesn't tell the whole story.

Reaction score
Washington with third and 29.

Back to back to back penalties, taking them out of FG range.

Come on Dolphins.

Reaction score
Dolphins are retarded.

First and goal from the 4 and they lose 7 yards on a terrible decision by Tannehil.

Reaction score
I think it was smart move by the Cowboys. Locking him up now while he is still affordable. Everyone who follows the Cowboys can see what he is about to become. DCU (i don’t watch games) posters, can’t.

Oh look... Everlastingxxx rubberstamping a move the Cowboys made. Shocking.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
It is a shit ton of money for someone that hasn't produced on the field, but if he lives up to what we think he can do it will be a steal. When you see the money Dareus, Suh and McCoy got he would have probably cost much more next offseason.

This is how I feel. Based on what he has done to this point we're over paying him but a year from now, if he blows up like most of us think he will, then this deal could end up being a bargain.

Regardless, I like that we jumped on it now rather than risking it later. The combination of Crawford, DLaw, And Gregory gives us something to be really excited about for the future of this dline.

Top Bottom