Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
He initially said(through reports) he wanted to sleep on it.

I wonder if those dumb rednecks forced his hand last night and maybe it didn't sit we'll with him?

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Garrett thought Brandon Moore would help

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...ason-garrett-thought-brandon-moore-was-coming

OXNARD, Calif. -- On Tuesday night, coach Jason Garrett thought Brandon Moore was going to play for the Dallas Cowboys.

Everything changed Wednesday morning when the veteran guard elected to retire.

"We had conversations with him and we thought he might come in and help our team out," Garrett said Wednesday. "The conversations were way down the road and we thought we were close to an agreement with him, and he decided when he awoke up this morning he didn't want to play football anymore. So we respect that decision. We'll continue to try and evaluate that position as we go forward."

The Cowboys wanted to sign Moore to become a potential starter along the interior of an offensive line that is battling injuries. Projected starting left guard Nate Livings will miss maybe three weeks as he recovers from knee surgery. Guards Ray Dominguez (shoulder) and Kevin Kowalski (knee) are also nursing injuries.

Garrett was asked about veteran free agent Brian Waters, who last played in 2011 for the New England Patriots, as a possibility.

"Brian Waters has been a really good player in this league for a long time," Garrett said. "As you guys know, I think he's a six-time Pro Bowler. He's an NFL Man of the Year, played a long time in Kansas City a few years ago, he came late to New England and had a Pro Bowl year for them when they went to the Super Bowl. The biggest issue for Brian right now is he hasn't played in 18 months. You have to factor those things in."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He initially said(through reports) he wanted to sleep on it.

I wonder if those dumb rednecks forced his hand last night and maybe it didn't sit we'll with him?

Pretty sure it is what Moore said it was. He just doesn't really want to do it any longer.

Top Bottom