dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You are cherry picking draft results to suit your homeristic needs. Jerry's average draft grade is an F, even when he lands big on guys like Dez. I'm not in either camp of drafting need vs BPA, either works if you draft smart which is where Jerry fails. And LB is a glamor position, go check jersey sales figures.

Right, this roster is totally void of talent. What was I thinking.

And ILB's in 3-4 schemes are not "glamor" picks. There are a couple exceptions here and there, but those guys are not headlining players.

Plymkr

Reaction score
I am hoping that the Cowboys can sign one solid FA safety and then hopefully in the draft, they get lucky and draft a gem that could be comparable to Woody one day. But, this guy would have to start right away.

LOL, I didn't think I would ever read that the LB position is a "glamour" position?. What the hell? Are you kidding me?

Cythim

Reaction score
Right, this roster is totally void of talent. What was I thinking.

And ILB's in 3-4 schemes are not "glamor" picks. There are a couple exceptions here and there, but those guys are not headlining players.

The talent level on this roster is a reason to draft poorly. The fact is you have two names to back up your stance and I have two dozen.

Cythim

Reaction score
LOL, I didn't think I would ever read that the LB position is a "glamour" position?. What the hell? Are you kidding me?

dbair missed the exaggeration because he lost this argument. LB is one of the more glamorous positions on defense with guys like Ware, Harrison, Urlacher and others getting most of the notoriety.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You are cherry picking draft results to suit your homeristic needs. Jerry's average draft grade is an F, even when he lands big on guys like Dez. I'm not in either camp of drafting need vs BPA, either works if you draft smart which is where Jerry fails. And LB is a glamor position, go check jersey sales figures.

I don't think jersey sales has anything to do with rather a position is a "glamour" position. Jersey sales often has to do with either the team or the players themselves.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
dbair missed the exaggeration because he lost this argument. LB is one of the more glamorous positions on defense with guys like Ware, Harrison, Urlacher and others getting most of the notoriety.

Just because Ware, Harrison, and Urlacher get alot of notoriety, that doesn't mean that the LB position in itself is a glamour position. Pre-Redskins Haynesworth, and now Suh, Ngata, Ratliff, Peppers, etc receives alot of notoriety, does that mean that the Dline positions are glamour positions?

Cythim

Reaction score
LOL. You the one that thinks jersey sales equates to a position being a glamorous one.

Moron. I said I was exagerating about the glamor (plus it was more directed toward the Dez pick). LB is one of the higher profile positions on the defense, which is why LBs tend to win more awards and sell more jerseys than the other positions. It isn't up there with QB, WR or RB but it is above OL, DL and DB.

Now shut up and shine my shoes.

Top Bottom