Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm not losing sleep over Atogwe or Sanders, for the record.

I'm saying no matter who the player is, Jerry has made the wrong moves when it comes to safety. Ken Hamlin, Keith Davis, Gerald Sensabaugh and Mr. Ball. I'm sure I'm leaving a few out. The position is too important to come up short with year after year. Even When Parcells was here, there seemed to be decent free agent safeties every offseason, yet they weren't even brought in for visits.

I

C

Cr122

That's our typical GM, he knows nothing about adding talent or drafting any for that matter.

It's all it takes is one GM to tell Jerruh he has a good roster, and no changes needed.

Reaction score
i wouldnt mind huff he's 28 and a texas kid , was a bust early but the last 2 years he has been playing pretty well and he also has some experience with ryan

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's our typical GM, he knows nothing about adding talent or drafting any for that matter.

It's all it takes is one GM to tell Jerruh he has a good roster, and no changes needed.

So if he would have added Atogwe or Sanders, then that would make him knowledgable about adding talent?

Reaction score
i wouldnt mind huff he's 28 and a texas kid , was a bust early but the last 2 years he has been playing pretty well and he also has some experience with ryan

This is what turns me off about Huff. UT players are sissy prima donnas.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yeah, that Dez Bryant and Sean Lee draft last yr was awful. I bet no quality GM's would have drafted either one of them.

If only we could get somebody who would draft better guys, you know like Bobby Carpenter, Al Johnson and Jacob Rodgers

Cythim

Reaction score
Yeah, that Dez Bryant and Sean Lee draft last yr was awful. I bet no quality GM's would have drafted either one of them.

If only we could get somebody who would draft better guys, you know like Bobby Carpenter, Al Johnson and Jacob Rodgers

More drafting glamor positions that the team does not need. Dez and Lee will sell tickets but they won't win games at the line of scrimmage. Last year was a deep OL draft and we knew OL was a huge need with Flozell leaving, Columbo sucking and Kosier coming off of injury. 16 OL guys went in the top 100 and what did Jerry do? Waited for the 6th round to get nothing. How about 2009 where we wasted 12 picks on absolutely nothing? Jerry doesn't know how to draft. Period. He may get lucky once in a while on a guy no one else wants to pick but overall he sucks.

C

Cr122

If we don't at least sign Huff or Weddle, expect more of the same at the safety position next year.

I really want to see what kind of talent AOA has, if any.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we don't at least sign Huff or Weddle, expect more of the same at the safety position next year.

I really want to see what kind of talent AOA has, if any.

I would like to see AOA at safety but I fear he will be ruined by Campo and playing with a crappy Safety counterpart.

If we signed/drafted/traded for a quality safety then I wouldn't be as nervous with AOA out there next to him.

C

Cr122

I would like to see AOA at safety but I fear he will be ruined by Campo and playing with a crappy Safety counterpart.

If we signed/drafted/traded for a quality safety then I wouldn't be as nervous with AOA out there next to him.

True.

sbk92

Reaction score

Spin away, homer.

You're just making yourself look bad.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
More drafting glamor positions that the team does not need. Dez and Lee will sell tickets but they won't win games at the line of scrimmage. Last year was a deep OL draft and we knew OL was a huge need with Flozell leaving, Columbo sucking and Kosier coming off of injury. 16 OL guys went in the top 100 and what did Jerry do? Waited for the 6th round to get nothing. How about 2009 where we wasted 12 picks on absolutely nothing? Jerry doesn't know how to draft. Period. He may get lucky once in a while on a guy no one else wants to pick but overall he sucks.

Stupid post of the day IMO.

You dumbshits cry holy shit when the team doesnt draft the best players available, then when they do you still cry and whine.

Dez Bryant wasnt a need pick, but he was by far the best player available and they got him. And they claimed Sean Lee carried a 1st rd grade for them, if true you cant fault the team for taking him in the 2nd round, especially with Brooking and james at the end of their careers. And since when is ILB a "glamor position"

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
AOA isn't ready to play until at least 2012.

How do you know? Maybe he will be. At the least maybe he'll be ready for a role in the nickel/dime defense. Who knows till camp rolls around.

I wouldnt count on him being ready, but its certainly possible.

sbk92

Reaction score

You dumbshit cry holy shit when the team doesnt draft the best players available, then when they do you still cry and whine.

Dez Bryant wasnt a need pick, but he was by far the best player available and they got him. And they claimed Sean Lee carried a 1st rd grade for them, if true you cant fault the team for taking him in the 2nd round, especially with Brooking and james at the end of their careers. And since when is ILB a "glamor position"

Sorry, Rowdy. Jerry Jones sucks ass at drafting players. Easily one of the worst in the league. It's why he had to bring in the all timer to clean up his mess.

I don't think any rational fan would consider the 2010 class quality yet. It could be. But I think it's even more likely that it's another subpar group.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry, Rowdy. Jerry Jones sucks ass at drafting players. Easily one of the worst in the league. It's why he had to bring in the all timer to clean up his mess.

I don't think any rational fan would consider the 2010 class quality yet. It could be. But I think it's even more likely that it's another subpar group.

Of course thats what you think.

Cythim

Reaction score

You dumbshits cry holy shit when the team doesnt draft the best players available, then when they do you still cry and whine.

You are cherry picking draft results to suit your homeristic needs. Jerry's average draft grade is an F, even when he lands big on guys like Dez. I'm not in either camp of drafting need vs BPA, either works if you draft smart which is where Jerry fails. And LB is a glamor position, go check jersey sales figures.

Reaction score
Where are all the Jerry loyalists that defend him? Saying at least he does whatever it takes for us to win. Well last year we did nothing in FA and this year we start off by letting two good veterans, at arguably our biggest position of need, go right off the market.

Seems like Jerry doesn't want to spend money anymore.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

I would say Dez Bryant was pretty close to a need. You get a #1 WR to pair with a #1 WR, on a rookie contract.

How do you know? Maybe he will be. At the least maybe he'll be ready for a role in the nickel/dime defense. Who knows till camp rolls around.

I wouldnt count on him being ready, but its certainly possible.

He was raw coming out and didn't look near enough ready to compete...in preseason. Yeah, he's a long ways a way till contributing. A realistic goal for '11 would be for him to be a factor on special teams.

Top Bottom