Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I mean, read the article in the OP, the injury situation isn't mentioned at all. Instead we get THIS stupidity
But if Marinelli sparks a defensive revival in Dallas, it won’t be because of some wild scheme he concocted. Rather, it will be the result of hard work, good, old-fashioned teaching and progress made within a system he and Kiffin have promulgated.
NO, it will be because the towering injury slaughter we saw last year didn't fucking happen in 2014!

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
It's total offense as calculated by many factors. List here.I assume you mean the historic bad D for that one year.

You're awfully defensive about this offense in a thread that's about the defense, for some reason.
sometimes it takes me a while to know what we are arguing about.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Let's even look at stuff like the Detroit game. On first blush it looks like the defense just screwed the pooch. Not a stellar day at all by any measure. Until you realize the defense collected FIVE turnovers in that game and forced four punts, got a key sack, and held them to 3/11 on third down. In a game where we had zero turnovers and only had two penalties compared to their five turnovers and eight penalties.

Meanwhile we punted seven times, scored exactly zero points off the five turnovers, and were a miserable 3/13 on third down. And lost the game by one point.

Give us just ONE field goal off one of the five turnovers, and we win.

8-8 can become 11-5 if just a few plays here and there both offensively and defensively, go our way. This team is NOT as bad as is generally assumed. Neither the defense or the offense. It was just a few key plays away from possibly being 11-5.

There is much reason for optimism.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Kiffin should have been fired after the Lions game last season. When it was reveled that he wanted Brandon Pettigrew double teamed on the final series and single coverage on Calvin Johnson?

BRILLIANT!!! Single cover the best WR in the NFL and double cover a TE with stone hands that drops as many passes as he catches

Top Bottom