Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
So basically, theogt has pointed out that Romo is really, really, really good. Well, no shit, Sherlock!

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Are there any fans here on this forum who don't like Romo? I know a lot of casual Cowboy fans blame Romo for everything and I remember a few at the zone, but haven't really seen any Romo bashing here.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Are there any fans here on this forum who don't like Romo? I know a lot of casual Cowboy fans blame Romo for everything and I remember a few at the zone, but haven't really seen any Romo bashing here.

I think Clutch88 hates Romo, but he rarely posts.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say X-Dawg hates Romo too.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How many delicious wing joints does Romo endorse?

Argument. Over.

Umm..what about delicious ribs at Tony Romo's restaurant...

neon+tony+roma.jpg

Wait...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I love Romo, glad he's our guy.

I just dont think he's as good as Aikman was. And that isnt a slight on Romo. Alot of people arnt as good as Aikman was.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Because it happens to all QBs. More passes tends to equate to lower completion percentage and lower yards per attempt.

No it doesnt. There's alot of QB's you can point to that sustained their numbers.

What normally leads to lower numbers is playing from behind alot, because opposing teams can then tee off on the QB and play more coverage, rather than worrying about the run.

Reaction score
It's an interesting discussion and comparison.

I think Aikman is the more physically impressive QB, obviously.

Romo has moxie.

Most importantly to me... Aikman was a winner.

Now, Aikman also had his best years when the franchise was stable and organized. I don't think Romo has ever had that luxury. With Garrett, I think he does now for the first time.

I'd be interested in revisiting this discussion after a year or two of Romo being coached by Garrett. I've stated before, I anticipate Romo having a Super Bowl with Garrett when it's all said and done.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Romo has moxie.

Most importantly to me... Aikman was a winner.

Now, Aikman also had his best years when the franchise was stable and organized. I don't think Romo has ever had that luxury. With Garrett, I think he does now for the first time.

I'd be interested in revisiting this discussion after a year or two of Romo being coached by Garrett. I've stated before, I anticipate Romo having a Super Bowl with Garrett when it's all said and done.

I think the years Romo sat on the bench were really beneficial to him. Aikman's rookie year, on a 1-16 squad no less, really skewered his numbers.

theogt

Reaction score

Romo has moxie.

Most importantly to me... Aikman's team was a winner.

Fixed that for you.

Reaction score
Fixed that for you.

Didn't Aikman win a championship or Rose Bowl at every level? Romo had never even won a playoff game at any level prior to 2009 if memory serves.

Another thing in Romo's defense is, he's never had an offensivel line near as good as some of the lines Aikman had.

theogt

Reaction score
Didn't Aikman win a championship or Rose Bowl at every level? Romo had never even won a playoff game at any level prior to 2009 if memory serves.

Another thing in Romo's defense is, he's never had an offensivel line near as good as some of the lines Aikman had.
Vince Young won a Rose Bowl. Doesn't make him a good QB.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

To be fair, Aikman spent most of his time with only 3 teams (Oklahoma, UCLA and the Cowboys). At Oklahoma for only a year.

Top Bottom