Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
What's the knock on Julio Jones? Why is Green projected to go before him? If I had a choice after watching these drills, I go Julio Jones 10 out of 10 times. He's owning every drill. I know Green is a tad bit taller, but damn.

C

Cr122

Oregon State’s Paea breaks Combine bench press record
Posted by Evan Silva on February 27, 2011, 4:01 PM EST
Oregon State defensive tackle Stephen Paea is unable to run or perform on-field drills due to arthroscopic knee surgery underwent in January. So he had one, solitary focus entering the 2011 Scouting Combine:

Bench press 225 pounds as many times as possible.

Paea more than aced the test, breaking the Combine record with 49 reps of 225. The previous mark was shared by current Giants guard Mitch Petrus, and NFL washouts Leif Larsen and Mike Kudla.

Unlike Larsen and Kudla — who had 45 reps of 225 — Paea can play. He twice won the Morris Trophy as the Pac-10′s top defensive lineman, piling up 29.5 career tackles for loss and 14 sacks despite facing constant double teams.

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock is particularly high on Paea, projecting him as a potential late first-round pick even despite the knee surgery.

Said Mayock of Paea, “His strength in the weight room translates to the football field.”

C

Cr122

So you think his knee checks out since he did so many bench press reps?

No, but being as strong as Paea is that will show on the field in the NFL. Pretty impressive bench press.

He only had a scope he'll be fine. And he'll be ready to go by TC.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wanted Paea over Jordan before he went down with his injury. Depends on the rest of his workouts as in the 40 and broad jump and verticle, etc, he may have pushed his way back into the 1st round.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Ok. What does his height have to do with it? Now if you were talki9ng about his arm length, then I would understand, not that I would agree.

I would have to check his arm length, but usually shorter the height, shorter the arms.

sbk92

Reaction score
Top defensive line prospects turn in impressive 40-yard dash times

SportsDayDFW sports

Many experts have pointed out that this current NFL Draft class is loaded at the defensive line positions. On Monday, the talent of that group continued to impress.

Former Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley, who is tipping the scales at 291 pounds, is expected by many to be the No. 1 pick in April's draft.

He was one of three defensive tackles to turn in impressive 40-yard dash times. Fairley ran a 4.82, former North Carolina Tar Heel Marvin Austin topped him with a 4.8 and Marcell Dareus, who played at Alabama, clocked in at 4.92.

All times are still considered unofficial, but it goes without saying that they are head-turning numbers.

To compare, Auburn quarterback Cam Newton, widely regarded as one of the elite athletic talents in this draft class, ran a 4.59 40-yard dash.

Other defensive linemen who turned in impressive times included: Allen Bailey, DT, Miami (4.76), Christian Ballard, DE, Iowa (4.7), Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa (4.81), Cam Jordan, DE, California (4.71), Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue (4.67) and Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois (4.95).

"The defensive line in general is phenomenal," NFL combine expert Mike Mayock said Monday. "I've got nine defensive ends with first-round grades. Typically 3.8 to four go in the first round."

sbk92

Reaction score
I thought Akeem Ayers looked really good. He's a versatile, jack of all trades, type of player.

Top Bottom