yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This year may be the reason the playoff gets expanded to 8

seems like Texas should get the 4th spot since they beat Bama but do the powers that be have the cohones to leave Bama and Georgia out?

🍿

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its going to be a damn shame if UGA doesnt get a chance to 3-peat because officials for some unknown reason decided not to review a play that was OBVIOUSLY very close. It was a huge play in a championship game, and Alabama ended up netting 7pts because they didnt review and then overturn a wrong call on the field.

What makes it so much worse is officials QUICKLY reviewed a much more routine looking catch Georgia had in the 3rd quarter, and spent quite a bit of time reviewing it even after it was obvious to all it was a catch.

Last edited:

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
The CBS Sports HQ crew previews the 2023-2024 college football playoffs.

CFP Matchups Preview: Is Alabama FAVORED over No. 1 Michigan in the Rose Bowl? | CBS Sports

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Couldnt blame them (or Georgia)

It would suck for the Orange Bowl people (this is nothing of their doing) but the playoff committee royally fucked this up.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Jeez Chop. You could have at least waited till after the Bowl game lol. Another great, leaving Happy Valley!
Best of luck young man.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Caleb Williams not playing in the Holiday Bowl might have bit him in the ass. Let the "system quarterback" debate kick into gear...

I'm not a fan of this kid but time will tell. I'm also not a fan of QB's sitting out bowl games and not leading their team. I can understand not wanting to get hurt. But Will Freaking Grier sat out his bowl game. Other than the playoffs, college bowl games are going to become like the Pro Bowl. Why even have them......

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Caleb Williams not playing in the Holiday Bowl might have bit him in the ass. Let the "system quarterback" debate kick into gear...

Every QB that plays in Lincoln Riley's system puts up huge numbers.

CMD probably won't like my take on his celebrity headcase Trojan QB, but that kid is going to be a mega bust in the NFL.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of this kid but time will tell. I'm also not a fan of QB's sitting out bowl games and not leading their team. I can understand not wanting to get hurt. But Will Freaking Grier sat out his bowl game. Other than the playoffs, college bowl games are going to become like the Pro Bowl. Why even have them......
They are almost all unwatchable now.

College football has ruined itself with the transfer portal, the NIL, mega conferences etc etc

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Mercy. PS is the splitting image of Dallas the last two weeks. No offense & can't stop the run! 😡

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Every QB that plays in Lincoln Riley's system puts up huge numbers.

CMD probably won't like my take on his celebrity headcase Trojan QB, but that kid is going to be a mega bust in the NFL.
Million dollar arm, ten cent head.

Best case, he has an 8-10 year career that's just ok. He'll be considered an abject failure by most, due to the undeserved hype he has currently. If ( and that's with a capital if), IF he has success, it'll be roughly three coaches and at least two cities down the road.

Top Bottom