dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Next thing you know he'll be dying his hair red and clapping profusely.

Deion Sanders preaches 'the process' after Colorado loss​

• i

Adam Rittenberg, ESPN Senior WriterNov 5, 2023, 02:11 AM ET

BOULDER, Colo. -- Colorado coach Deion Sanders said he had no regrets about making an offensive playcaller change before Saturday night's 26-19 loss to No. 16 Oregon State, noting "a whole lot of intangibles" led to his decision.

Buffaloes analyst Pat Shurmur, the former coach of the NFL's New York Giants and Cleveland Browns, took over playcalling duties and was elevated to co-offensive coordinator. Sean Lewis, who had called offensive plays for Colorado's first eight games, remained in the co-coordinator role and worked with the quarterbacks while signaling in plays from the sideline. Tight ends coach Tim Brewster moved into an off-field role to make room for Shurmur as the 10th assistant.

Colorado's offense struggled mightily through three quarters, producing just 78 yards and three offensive points, before surging in the fourth quarter for 160 yards and two touchdowns. After starting 3-0, the Buffaloes have dropped five of six games and are below .500 for the first time under Sanders.

"We're not going to demean Sean Lewis, we're not going to take that tone," Sanders said. "Sean is a good man, I think he is a good playcaller. We just needed change at the time. We needed to try something else at the time, and that's what we did. I don't look back on it. I don't second-guess myself whatsoever, because there's more to it than what you may know.

"Let's just trust the process."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Quitting soon (because he can't cut the mustard there either)-

Lincoln Riley

Will be the next big NFL bust too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dudes about to get 75 million to sit on his couch.

A&M got fleeced bigtime on this flub hiring.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Eventually Penn St people will get it with James Franklin.

He sux as a HC. And the dude must be dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to figuring out when to go for 2.

Michigan won yesterday and their QB threw 8 passes, Michigan's last 30-something plays were all runs.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Penn State's done. Like Dallas, they torch the little teams & fall to the big ones.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Penn State's done. Like Dallas, they torch the little teams & fall to the big ones.
Although Michigan only defeated one decent team themselves, Penn State. They too had a very easy schedule making them look good in the standings. When one looks at the Big 10 schedule, not one of them should be in the top 10.

They all play/played easy teams. Big match up will be Ohio State @ Michigan. That will be Ohio States' only 2nd good team they've played all season as well.
(PS earlier)

Super happy with new quarterback, Allar. He's going to be awesome. Showed signs of being elite.

Rushed for 406 yards and nine touchdowns. As a junior, threw for 2,962 yards and 26 touchdowns while rushing for two touchdowns. Passed for 1,802 yards and 23 touchdowns during sophomore season.

Last edited:

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
About time! Franklin fired offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich after those horrific 2 point conversion calls. Yet another season PS loses to Ohio State & Michigan. Hopefully they'll pick up a decent offensive coordinator that will get this team over the hump over their rivals next year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
About time! Franklin fired offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich after those horrific 2 point conversion calls. Yet another season PS loses to Ohio State & Michigan. Hopefully they'll pick up a decent offensive coordinator that will get this team over the hump over their rivals next year.

Seems like scapegoating then if that's true.

He should fire the guy that stupidly decided to go for the 2pt conversions in the first place.

Oh wait, that would be himself.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Seems like scapegoating then if that's true.

He should fire the guy that stupidly decided to go for the 2pt conversions in the first place.

Oh wait, that would be himself.
Piss State lost

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Loathe both OS & Michigan. But, if I had to choose, it would be OS being Harbaugh doesn't belong the winner of the big 10 conference w/all of his shenanigans. Plus he wants to return to the NFL again, Vegas Raiders?!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Kinda felt like Ohio State got hosed a couple times in the first half (the 2nd TD looked like it should have been an interception) but I also thought Day was stupid to settle for a 50+ yds FG when he had 4th and short and plenty of time left.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He would have been a good hire there, he's done a fantastic job at Kentucky. But he aint going (sorry Mr Aggie)

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He would have been a good hire there, he's done a fantastic job at Kentucky. But he aint going (sorry Mr Aggie)

Aggies just cant get over the hump, my buddy is an avid fan and brought me to many games, I love the spirit, stadium, fan intensity but nothing they do seems to work...I always thought it was strange they went to the SEC where it seems they've sealed their fate

other than being in a town in the middle of no where, I'd think they could recruit as good as anyone, maybe they can buy enough players now that thats allowed. I'd love to see them win a title and reward that school spirit and fan devotion

Top Bottom