Carson Wentz or Dak Prescott

• Total voters
Reaction score
Simple question...
  • Both have prototypical size.
  • Both have a litany of intangibles to go with their strong arms.
  • Both seem to be able to get guys to rally behind them.
  • Both came into the league with serious questions (small school or spread offense/inability to read defenses), yet both are playing like seasoned vets the first month of their rookie seasons.

It's a re-do of the 2016 NFL draft.... You're the GM of the Los Angelas Rams and have to pick a cornerstone QB.

Who are you taking?

Edit: Mod please fix the poll header.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Wentz has prototypical size; Dak is barely taller than Romo. Wentz has a rocket arm; Dak has a good arm. Wentz is smart as fuck; have no idea how intelligent Dak is.

Wentz > Dak

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No question the Rams shit the bed picking Goff over Wentz, but the Browns fucked up as much, if not more with their ridiculous trade downs. They could have had Wentz too instead of the guy that 99.9% of the world knew without a shadow of a doubt cant play QB (Griffin III)

Love what we have seen so far in Dak but I was a Wentz guy through the entire offseason/prior to draft. I do think he's the better overall talent and has more upside.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wentz has made some throws that I don't think (know) that Dak can make.

Both look incredibly calm back there, very impressive so far.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Wentz has prototypical size; Dak is barely taller than Romo. Wentz has a rocket arm; Dak has a good arm. Wentz is smart as fuck; have no idea how intelligent Dak is.

Wentz > Dak

Dak has shown that he's every bit the student that Wentz is so far. According to everything I've heard and read they were 1 and 1A when it came to drawing plays on the white board for the coaches at the combine and school workouts before the draft.

With that said I'd probably still take Wentz #1 overall. I wanted him at 4 if he had made it. I also still think that when all is said and done Lynch is going to be right there with Wentz and Dak as the best QB's to come out of this draft. He might actually be the best of the bunch.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, hate to say it, but they seem like pretty similar players only Wentz is better in pretty much every area: A little bigger, a little faster, a little better arm.

But it's early and who knows how things will shake out. Dak might prove to be that little bit cooler under pressure against the best teams, which could tip the scale in his favor.

Reaction score
It'd be so difficult to pick right now. We haven't had a chance to see how they each handle adversity at this level and that information is what's needed to make the decision.

Can they lead their teams back when they are a couple of touchdowns behind going into the 4th quarter?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, hate to say it, but they seem like pretty similar players only Wentz is better in pretty much every area: A little bigger, a little faster, a little better arm.

But it's early and who knows how things will shake out. Dak might prove to be that little bit cooler under pressure against the best teams, which could tip the scale in his favor.

Dak appears to be thicker and perhaps more able to take a hit while also seemingly better at avoiding said hit

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Dak has shown that he's every bit the student that Wentz is so far.

I meant raw intelligence. All through school he never received a grade lower than an A. Maybe that's why he's picked up the pro game so quickly.

Reaction score
I meant raw intelligence. All through school he never received a grade lower than an A. Maybe that's why he's picked up the pro game so quickly.

FWIW- Dak earned two degrees at Mississippi State. A Bachelor's and an MBA. Not suggesting he's Einstein, but he is a hard worker.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
If it's straight up, Wetz no question. He's bigger, faster and his height really puts him over the top off Dak. You don't have to create throwing lanes for Wetz as opposed to Dak.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't vote right now. I like some of the things Dak has done and he could be a good one. Right now, Wentz has him in all the areas you'd want to physically see from a prototypical QB: arm, height and accuracy (so far).

But Dak could very well be every bit as good. I just haven't seen enough yet but you have to be positive about what we've seen thus far. Oh well, so much for trying to find cheap tickets when we play the Eagles.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I can't vote right now. I like some of the things Dak has done and he could be a good one. Right now, Wentz has him in all the areas you'd want to physically see from a prototypical QB: arm, height and accuracy (so far).

But Dak could very well be every bit as good. I just haven't seen enough yet but you have to be positive about what we've seen thus far. Oh well, so much for trying to find cheap tickets when we play the Eagles.

I agree that Dak could end up being just as good as Wentz if not better. I haven't really heard how Wentz has been doing as far as his leadership. I do know that pretty everyone on the Cowboys has been blown away at Dak's ability as a leader. That ability could be what ends up pushing the Cowboys ahead of the Eagles.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Comparison of passes thrown by Wentz versus Prescott. It's quite obvious Wentz has thrown way more passes short and even behind the line (screens) than Dak has. Also check out the 3rd image. That 70% first read stat is pretty telling. He isn't going through progression nearly as often as Dak has. I'm giving the edge to Dak as of now.

ydDITNE.jpg

rj8Ay8e.jpg

eZ3DoJ3.jpg

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That's pretty interesting. I would have thought that Wentz has completely more deep balls than Dak.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Wentz > Dak

Mooch said during his show that when he had all the prospects draw up plays on the white board that Wentz was the best then Dak came in second ahead of the rest. Including Goff

Top Bottom