Carson Wentz or Dak Prescott

• Total voters

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Wetz was supposed to be the big, mobile, strong armed field stretching QB and he didn't do shit with his legs. 90% of his completions and attempts were the 10 yard or less variety.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Dak showed that he was a rookie today. Wasn't great by any means, but he came up big when he needed to. Philly defense is really good. Schwartz too things away from Dak that he likes to do. He made him uncomfortable all game long. They didn't really have an answer for Zeke though. And in spite of Dez being rusty and not on the same page with Dak he had a good game. I expect their chemistry to get better as the season goes along.

I thought the play calling was very suspect today. They seemed to want to force the ball to Dez when they should have gone to Beasley. They got him involved WAY too late in the game. Also I can't wait to see what Marineli can do with 1st round talent in that defense.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think it had more to do with going away from the running game. Zeke was busting long runs to get the Cowboys into the red zone, and then they just went pass-happy there.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
At this point I just thank the Philadelphia Eagles, for spending all those millions taking Murray away from us, giving us the 4th round compensatory pick we used to draft Dak Prescott.

Irony is sweet sometimes.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
At this point I just thank the Philadelphia Eagles, for spending all those millions taking Murray away from us, giving us the 4th round compensatory pick we used to draft Dak Prescott.

Don't forget improperly using Murray as well so that he has to be shipped out of the division.

He could have hurt us tonight. Him and Sproles.

BTW I hate that little fuck. He's not exceptionally well at anything on offense besides being slippery.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
BTW give Wetz a better supporting cast and watch out. He has 2s and 3s to work with (DGB is too inconsistent, Nelson is a bust and Matthews is a slot receiver) as his WRs and has to lean on the midget in the rushing attack.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Reminds me of the Milwaukee Bucks trading a 7 foot lanky kid from German and some guy named Pat Garrity to the Mavs for Robert Traylor and then the Mavs later using Garrity in a trade to get Steve Nash.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Comparison of passes thrown by Wentz versus Prescott. It's quite obvious Wentz has thrown way more passes short and even behind the line (screens) than Dak has. Also check out the 3rd image. That 70% first read stat is pretty telling. He isn't going through progression nearly as often as Dak has. I'm giving the edge to Dak as of now.

ydDITNE.jpg

rj8Ay8e.jpg

eZ3DoJ3.jpg

I know it's gay to quote yourself, but this really bore itself out last night. Wentz threw first read short passes all night, while Dak (even with the constant blitz in his face) was going deeper.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
BTW give Wetz a better supporting cast and watch out. He has 2s and 3s to work with (DGB is too inconsistent, Nelson is a bust and Matthews is a slot receiver) as his WRs and has to lean on the midget in the rushing attack.

Exactly. I'm sure part of all those short passes was to build up his confidence early, and they've won games so they've stuck with it. But part also has to be that pitiful receiving corps they have. They really have no one they can trust to win very far down the field. And just overall, it's amazing how much more talent we have on offense.

Reaction score
You give me the #1 pick right now in a draft redo, and I don't know which way I'd go.

I wonder how Wentz would do with our OL and our run game and with Dez and Witten.

Would Dak be as good with the weaker Eagles OL, the almost non-existant run game, and inconsistent receivers?

This is a tough one, really.

But I will say, Dak has that "it" quality. Call it moxie or whatever. He's going to be a star in this league. Likely would be whatever team he was on.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
All good questions.

Both don't seem to have very good ball placement. Dak has thrown a few beauts as well as a few clunkers. In time they may develop into crazy accurate passers like a Brady, but definitely not this year.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Wentz. Much stronger arm than Dak, prototypical size, smart as a whip, does more with less around him, etc.

Reaction score
Wentz. Much stronger arm than Dak, prototypical size, smart as a whip, does more with less around him, etc.

Maybe, but Dak has that icewater in his veins quality. Unfazed by the time left or situation. Theres something to be said by that.

I don't think Dak will have a career cursed by terribly timed interceptions or gaffes like Romo has.

Reaction score
We might be posting in this thread for the next 10 years.

If this forum lasts that long.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dak doesn't look like, act like, or play like a rookie.

The only time he has really faltered was in the PHI game. But he turned it around and looked like a seasoned vet to come back and tie, then win the game!

Wentz has rookie moments every game where he looks like the rookie that he is

You don't see that with Dak

And Dak seems to be able to carry the team on his back when it's needed and win a game

I haven't seen that from Wentz

Top Bottom