Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I hope that isn't true. Thats a sign of a tragically fragile psyche if so.

for sure.

Its a pretty solid theory though. Jerry cant get on his own jumbotron during a game and his whole family is booed.

so its not hard to think that he feels its time to start making sure everyone else is feeling the heat also...

its a theory but I dont think its a bad one.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
god I hope Escobar is Tony G. 2.0 to shut you people up

id rather hear taco jokes than another quip misunderstanding the two te offense to be a gimmick like the spread or something

It's not about it being a gimmick. Not for me. It's about an expectation that they'll run it the same way as before which was basically pointless.

Reaction score
dal_a_jgjj_600.jpg

"And if Bill fucks it up, I will call the plays, eh?"

Reaction score
Every recent picture I see if Jerry... he looks really old and haggard. He looks 80, not 70.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
All that drinking he's done is catching up to him. I can't imagine the parties he threw in the early to mid 90's.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No. Have a vision and set the wheels in motion to give that vision time to be implemented successfully.

You accomplish nothing by changing on the fly every year.

He has no vision. No direction. No idea how to make it work. And the funny thing is, there are many different ways to make it work and be successful... but each successful 'football guy' has their own ideas and practices.

Jerry doesn't have his own. Instead, he relies on who he talks to and listens to what they say.

Joe Gibbs told him have the HC run offense. Jerry liked that idea. That was his vision.

Whoever he talked to this year told him no, have Jason delegate. Jerry liked that idea. That is now his vision.

Think about that... Jerry has been owner/GM for 24 years. He still can't figure out what he wants in a head coach.

Fuggin baffling.

I think it's more that he would've liked to have fired everyone, but instead he stopped himself and did this half-ass job where he got the new defense and defensive coaches plus changed the playcaller. So big changes just short of firing the lot of them. That way he didn't have to pay so much for these coaches to sit at home and to hire new ones, plus one last shot at this arrangement that he loves so much where Garrett knows exactly who is boss and won't challenge him like a Gruden/Fisher/Holmgren/other vet coach with skins on the wall would do.

And theebs.... If Jerry could do it over again I guarantee he would pay Sean Payton to stay. By all accounts Jerry loves him like a son. But who knew at the time that Parcells would quit the next year.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think it's more that he would've liked to have fired everyone, but instead he stopped himself and did this half-ass job where he got the new defense and defensive coaches plus changed the playcaller. So big changes just short of firing the lot of them. That way he didn't have to pay so much for these coaches to sit at home and to hire new ones, plus one last shot at this arrangement that he loves so much where Garrett knows exactly who is boss and won't challenge him like a Gruden/Fisher/Holmgren/other vet coach with skins on the wall would do.

And theebs.... If Jerry could do it over again I guarantee he would pay Sean Payton to stay. By all accounts Jerry loves him like a son. But who knew at the time that Parcells would quit the next year.

yep.

of all the things, losing payton was the big one. Then he doubled down when he thought garrett was one in the same.

paytons up tempo offense and romo would have been so awesome.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
for sure.

Its a pretty solid theory though. Jerry cant get on his own jumbotron during a game and his whole family is booed.

so its not hard to think that he feels its time to start making sure everyone else is feeling the heat also...

its a theory but I dont think its a bad one.

So this is Jerry saying "don't blame me or my Goof Son?"

Seems legit.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So this is Jerry saying "don't blame me or my Goof Son?"

Seems legit.

not that its true, steve was saying he sees it as jerry wanting to show that he uses there input and they are failing not him.

Reaction score
This is quickly turning into a dump on Jerry thread. Just reminding everyone to tread lightly.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
not that its true, steve was saying he sees it as jerry wanting to show that he uses there input and they are failing not him.

Which is what I basically said...here it is...don't blame me...I am the guy who got you those last three Lombardis...honest. ~salesman wink~

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Which is what I basically said...here it is...don't blame me...I am the guy who got you those last three Lombardis...honest. ~salesman wink~

yes, sorry misunderstood.

to be clear, I am just posting what steve dennis said. I didnt say it!

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
yes, sorry misunderstood.

to be clear, I am just posting what steve dennis said. I didnt say it!

If Justbob was here, he would say....Stay on the thread Gentlemen --not each other

Reaction score
So you agree that Jerry Jones has no idea how to establish a vision and direction of the football team he has the luxury of being ultimately reesponsible for.

Wha? Vision Schmision. I like the direction of the offense with Callahn not Garrett. And I like the Kiffin/Marinelli defense. There's no reason to raise and breed cattle here. Can win this year with those two coordinator change. Res ipsa loquitur.

Top Bottom