Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Emalsculation complete.

Jason...if you need your nuts....they will be hanging from Jerry's rearview mirror.

:lol

Now he can concentrate on ways to not ice his own kicker and timeout management - not taking 20 seconds to decide if he needs to call a time out and not calling a timeout before the half so the other team can score.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Emalsculation complete.

Jason...if you need your nuts....they will be hanging from Jerry's rearview mirror.

he'll do an excellent job of patting guys on the shoulder as they stretch before a game

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
That was Pro Football Talk. Forgot to include that.

I think this is a great move for our team. It'll allow Jason to focus on being a head coach, which I think he can be very good at. Not have to worry about everything. He's too raw for that much responsibility.

This ought to also allow our offense to get plays in on time and have Romo not struggling with the whole leg hike KILL KILL KILL run back into shotgun leg hike and get the ball off as 0 hits the playclock

This more than anything.

I don't really give a hoot if Callahan isn't that much better than Garrett as an offensive mind. Put the ball in Tony's hands with enough time to stymie the blitz, and you have an offense.

It doesn't hurt that Callahan's background in the WCO can help him mask our lack of a running game and porous Oline. Although I think the line gets a bit better just including Frederick at C alone and another year for the other 4 guys playing with each other.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Burn another 2nd rounder on that elusive #2 TE for Garrett's system......name Callahan the play caller.

Sounds about right.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
god I hope Escobar is Tony G. 2.0 to shut you people up

id rather hear taco jokes than another quip misunderstanding the two te offense to be a gimmick like the spread or something

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
sounds like its been callahans more wco offense they have been installing/working on if you read between the lines.

broaddus said today they have done nothing but zone blocking, they have worked a lot more on screens than he has seen, basically eliminating the fullback which is being handled by the more H-back/move tight end which is a more wco feel.

What a strange offseason for garrett. It seems he became the Head Coach for the first time with two coordinators only who in the world knows if he had any say in the coordinators or not. It seems he is built to be the head guy more than the multi-tasking coach.....yet its like he was promoted via getting completely dressed down publicly.

very strange. I still dont understand why when he became head coach this wasnt the case...Head coach with two coordinators makes more sense than anything.

I wonder if callahan got a raise? His offenses were good in oakland. Hopefully the tim brown stuff wont show up here...

Why is jerry talking to the media again? What is it with this monster that he has to keep talking?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
because jerry has no vision.

first it was i think the head coach should have a say in one side of the ball rather than a walkaround guy

now we're back to walkaround guy

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score

first it was i think the head coach should have a say in one side of the ball rather than a walkaround guy

clearly. the man and his family are the worst.

its like when they hired bruce coslet because they thought the west coast offense would allow quincy carter to run around more like mcnabb in a west coast offense.....then they played chad hutchinson halfway through the season.

I thought garrett would not be in jeopardy for sure after this season now I Imagine he will be looking to get out as soon as he can to a new staff. No way if he is worth anything he voluntarily comes back for this if he can get out.

Reaction score

So keep vision consistent and keep same results? Rather risk hypocrisy and try some new results.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
well I'd have rather he not have done his new vision with Wade and Garrett so there's that.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
just watched that press conference.

Garrett handled it really well. He did something wade phillips never did a single time.

that was stop the awaiting ambush caused by jerrys comments and in the end win back the room.

Seems that is why he is more fit to be a head coach. My beef has been with the running game regarding garrett. I am going to pull for him as the head coach, it seems like a good fit although a tremendously terrible way to get to just the head coach.

it sucks that he cant muzzle jerry and stephen like parcells did though, would be nice to have that atmosphere again.

Reaction score
So keep vision consistent and keep same results? Rather risk hypocrisy and try some new results.

No. Have a vision and set the wheels in motion to give that vision time to be implemented successfully.

You accomplish nothing by changing on the fly every year.

He has no vision. No direction. No idea how to make it work. And the funny thing is, there are many different ways to make it work and be successful... but each successful 'football guy' has their own ideas and practices.

Jerry doesn't have his own. Instead, he relies on who he talks to and listens to what they say.

Joe Gibbs told him have the HC run offense. Jerry liked that idea. That was his vision.

Whoever he talked to this year told him no, have Jason delegate. Jerry liked that idea. That is now his vision.

Think about that... Jerry has been owner/GM for 24 years. He still can't figure out what he wants in a head coach.

Fuggin baffling.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No. Have a vision and set the wheels in motion to give that vision time to be implemented successfully.

You accomplish nothing by changing on the fly every year.

He has no vision. No direction. No idea how to make it work. And the funny thing is, there are many different ways to make it work and be successful... but each successful 'football guy' has their own ideas and practices.

Jerry doesn't have his own. Instead, he relies on who he talks to and listens to what they say.

Joe Gibbs told him have the HC run offense. Jerry liked that idea. That was his vision.

Whoever he talked to this year told him no, have Jason delegate. Jerry liked that idea. That is now his vision.

Think about that... Jerry has been owner/GM for 24 years. He still can't figure out what he wants in a head coach.

Fuggin baffling.

bottom line.

if any member of the jones family had any vision with any football IQ, they do to sean payton what they did with garrett in 07.

pay him a ton and promise him the moon. had they done that in 06, Sean Payton would have taken the reigns in 07 and who knows how successful this program would be, I bet a lot.

instead its like he tried to sell garrett as payton and did all this for garrett hoping he was payton.

very sad.

Reaction score
Which part hasn't been successfully implemented? This has been 6 years of the same scheme that has the same flaws, lack of urgency, lack of desperation, and lack of interest in running the ball. What are you waiting on? Tice, Turner, and Cameron. Fired. Fired. Fired. At some point, even the most stubborn realize the earth is not flat, Communism is only a feel-good government that makes the Olympics interesting, Family Circus is not funny, and perhaps lesser known, this Coryell offense is done.

Reaction score
Which part hasn't been successfully implemented? This has been 6 years of the same scheme that has the same flaws, lack of urgency, lack of desperation, and lack of interest in running the ball. What are you waiting on? Tice, Turner, and Cameron. Fired. Fired. Fired. At some point, even the most stubborn realize the earth is not flat, Communism is only a feel-good government that makes the Olympics interesting, Family Circus is not funny, and perhaps lesser known, this Coryell offense is done.

So you agree that Jerry Jones has no idea how to establish a vision and direction of the football team he has the luxury of being ultimately reesponsible for.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i think the fine folks at txa21 are all about to have an orgasm right now seeing that there is a semi issue in cowboys land.

they are all so giddy.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
steve dennis had some interesting points about jerry pointing out callahan is the new playcaller, jerry keeps saying he wants romo doing more and why he takes pictures right in front of the draftboard..

because when it goes bad as it has, he wants to stop being the only one blamed and he is setting it up so that the public knows exactly who has what input....callahan, garrett, romo and the scouts.

its a theory but its not a bad one....

Top Bottom