Reaction score
"In this particular case, I did want nothing to drop between the lines communication-wise. We had talked about clearly what would happen if the Giants won, what we would be doing with Felix [Jones] during this ballgame and the need to have him healthy if we could do anything about it next week. But what we didn’t talk about was what if something happened and there was a question mark about [Tony] Romo, how that would be handled. That’s Jason’s decision, but he doesn’t need to be making that one by himself.

"So I wanted to, very briefly, step down there with just a few minutes gone in the first quarter, sit there and say, 'Here’s the lay of the land. Romo’s got a hand injury, but it looks like we’re going to have him for New York. Felix is there. You make the decision, but our emphasis should be on New York.'"

Reaction score
Translastion: "Mr Garrett. I've made a decision. I'm Captain of this boat. NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP!
!!!"

Reaction score
Does it go away if you obsess about it nonstop?

No.

Fortunately, I'm not obsessing over it non stop.

Do I talk about it? Of course. This team is a perrenial underachiever/failure. The sole constant during all this time has been Jerry.

His ineptness doesn't get the attention it deserves, IMO.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Putting your head in the sand is usually the better way to deal with a problem.

Reaction score
I hope we don't go CB apeshit...

We need one top FA CB and no more than 2 drafted depending on who falls.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The 2009 draft is Exhibit A of Jerry's ineptness. There's a story that will come out one day about Jerry and the scouts that day and once it does, I don't think even dbair or Hostile will be able to defend Jerry anymore.

I am making dinner listening to Galloway and mosely, Matt apparently had a big conversation with Jerry Reese..the giants gm...

Anyway, after proclaiming there greatness as mosely always does, Matt said he knows for a fact that Tom ciskowski is 4th in command....and that he has repeatedly put together good drafts and Jerry just over rules him and will call Barry switzer and take his reccomendation on the spot over all the work the scouts put in.

Incredibly frustrating to hear these things. I thought he had learned from the parcells days here. Guess this explains some of these awful draft picks.......I am still convined the front office is not very good because there is no way Jerry is doing this in all rounds.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I am making dinner listening to Galloway and mosely, Matt apparently had a big conversation with Jerry Reese..the giants gm...

Anyway, after proclaiming there greatness as mosely always does, Matt said he knows for a fact that Tom ciskowski is 4th in command....and that he has repeatedly put together good drafts and Jerry just over rules him and will call Barry switzer and take his reccomendation on the spot over all the work the scouts put in.

Incredibly frustrating to hear these things. I thought he had learned from the parcells days here. Guess this explains some of these awful draft picks.......I am still convined the front office is not very good because there is no way Jerry is doing this in all rounds.

The lower picks he concedes to the staff. Same thing with Undrafted Free Agents and street free agents. This is when the scouting staff gets to shine. Not glamorous enough for Jerry I guess.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The lower picks he concedes to the staff. Same thing with Undrafted Free Agents and street free agents. This is when the scouting staff gets to shine. Not glamorous enough for Jerry I guess.

That is what concerns me. They have missed repeatedly in that area also. All those terrible secondary picks. That is on the scouts.

Jerry is a problem, but I think he has plenty of company...front office seems to be poor and the coaching staff was poor this year.

Hopefully they have a great offseaon this year.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Matt Mosley is hardly locked and who are these guys Jerry is overruling people about Bryant, Smith, Lee, Carter.

And if Ciskowski is 4th who are the other 2 people above him.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Matt Mosley is hardly locked in or unbiased and who are these guys Jerry is overruling people about Bryant, Smith, Lee, Carter?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Matt Mosley is hardly locked and who are these guys Jerry is overruling people about Bryant, Smith, Lee, Carter.

Would love to know.

It makes no sense why ciskowski would be 4th in line, unless he is behind Jerry, Stephen and th head coach.

C

Cr122

Jerry should listen to Ciskowski. Isn't that what he is paid to do.

Their job is to go out and find the best players. All Jerry needs to do is stick to the draft board.

I think it worked last year but he seemed to get away from it in past years.

Top Bottom