Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If you're addicted to THC, but can't smoke, go buy the synthetic shit.

Reaction score
I guess I'm supposed to care one way of the other about whether Brent should be on the roster.

I don't, really. It doesn't make any difference to me at this point. I don't particularly care about the franchise's "reputation." In any event, Jerry screwed that up a while ago.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This just goes to show how fucking dumb this team really is. Wait, let's see if he can kill someone again before we cut'em.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I know.

It's Werder so he's of course making this all up and Dallas will in fact prove him wrong (yet again) by releasing Brent ASAP.

Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman Josh Brent failed a second drug test and was sent back to jail on Thursday, according to the Dallas County District Attorney's office. Despite Brent's return to jail, the Cowboys have no immediate plans to part ways with him, league sources told ESPN's Ed Werder.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...-test-dallas-cowboys-no-plans-cut-sources-say

It's a complete joke.

This would be the type of stuff you would put up with for a guy who's a franchise player and might see the field again some time this year.

Brent isn't anything more than a contributor. He isn't some star and was getting about half of the snaps when he was playing.

I really don't even care that much but that's only because I've grown so disgusted with the team in general that this is pretty par for the course.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
after this fiasco, I never again want to hear about the "cowboy way"

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You are all a bunch of heartless assholes.

Jerry is just listening to Jerry Brown's good Christian mother who thinks of Josh Brent like another son.

I mean how can you fault this man?

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We still have the reputation that our players are criminals. This is the wrong decision, especially after the 2nd failed drug test.

What has this team become.

It is an unfounded reputation. We have been one of the cleaner franchises when you look at sheer arrests.

But stupid shat like this just continues the rep, even if it is factually incorrect.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
At this point, I wouldn't care if the entire Country was asking me to keep him on the team. He needs to go, he's the only distraction this off season and it gets worse as things go on, because it is clear he is in a downward spiral and will be taking the team with him.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
At this point, I wouldn't care if the entire Country was asking me to keep him on the team. He needs to go, he's the only distraction this off season and it gets worse as things go on, because it is clear he is in a downward spiral and will be taking the team with him.
Lons this is opinion. We need articles!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I think if players thought he was a distraction, he'd be cut. I think they genuinely feel sorry for the guy though.

I don't see how him being here or not right now makes one iota a difference on how the team performs this year. He clearly isn't going to be on the 53 man roster, so don't know why people keep getting worked up over it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It makes me sick. New England releases their PRO BOWL (if he wasn't, he was going to be) tight end a day after he gets into trouble.

This big dope is still sitting on our roster and embarassing the organization and the fans.

What Brent did was incredibly stupid and he will deservedly be punished for it, but he isn't a thug felon like Hernandez is.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
What Brent did was incredibly stupid and he will deservedly be punished for it, but he isn't a thug felon like Hernandez is.

so you have to intentionally murder someone before you're thrown off the team? that's the standard we've set? could've sworn Antonio Bryant was exiled for a far less serious offense.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think if players thought he was a distraction, he'd be cut. I think they genuinely feel sorry for the guy though.

I don't see how him being here or not right now makes one iota a difference on how the team performs this year. He clearly isn't going to be on the 53 man roster, so don't know why people keep getting worked up over it.

Because he isn't going to be on the 53 man roster. Why bother and continue to piss in the face of your own message by keeping him around?

How is Jason supposed to kick of TC with his annual speech on accountability and responsibility and "doing all the right things" and whatever other "RKG" mantra shit he's going to talk about when management won't even fullfil it's responsibilities by doing all they can to remove Brent-type shit from the equation?

What's the message? Either be responsible and stay out of trouble or be so irresponsible that you become a charity case so we can further our humanitarian efforts in the front office?

This guy apparently didn't learn from his first DUI, got a second one that killed someone in the process. Now, at a time when he should be focused on at least giving the impression that he's putting things together and while he has a constant reminder to make smart decisions in the form of a monitor attached to him at all times, he's fucking up again.

He failed a test after his May 24th hearing. Odds are he was notified of his failed test and then almost a month later he fails ANOTHER test on June 19th which means that he failed a test and then continued to smoke weed.

He's not going to help the team, there's zero reason to have him around. I can at least talk myself into the team supporting the guy after the crash. That was a unique situation and as much I really didn't care either way I can at least see where they are coming from by sticking behind him. At this point his poor decision making leaves the team no reasonable option but to send him on his way. He's doing nothing but drawing more attention to his case and making the team look like fools in the process. You can't talk about culture change, RKG, responsibility and accountability if you don't exhibit those qualities yourself.

There is no reason he should be on the team at this point. If Jerry and Jason feel so strongly about supporting the guy, go ahead and do so outside of the organization. I'm sure if they called him in and said they were going to support him but that they were also going to remove his name from the roster he'd be thankful they're giving him what would be a 4th chance.

I'm curious as to why you don't care. This is supposed to be a different culture and yet here we are making concessions and excuses for someone who's behavior has been the exact opposite of the team mantra. How is that not frustrating? For me it's pretty frustrating because how things they were doing before waren't working and what it all really boils down to is that things are only moderately better but when push comes to shove this organization just can't work away from the model that has wasted 6 years of good QB play.

Bottom line is the team wants all the fans to buy into the culture change and whatnot but here we are seeing a guy like Ratliff tell Jerry to fuck off and then proceed to get a DUI after Brent's DUI and what's the word from the top........

“We think he is very sound physically,” Jones said. “He will flourish, I emphasize ‘flourish,’ in this defensive scheme.

All smiles.

Josh Brent, 2nd DUI and 2 failed drug tests while on house arrest?

All smiles.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...-says-jay-ratliff-will-flourish-in-2013.html/

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Because he isn't going to be on the 53 man roster. Why bother and continue to piss in the face of your own message by keeping him around?

How is Jason supposed to kick of TC with his annual speech on accountability and responsibility and "doing all the right things" and whatever other "RKG" mantra shit he's going to talk about when management won't even fullfil it's responsibilities by doing all they can to remove Brent-type shit from the equation?

Well, there is only one message that counts. Jerry's.

Jason's RKG message is what is getting pissed on.

Jones' continued "support" of Brent is just cutting Jason's nuts off. But that's nothing new, now is it?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Uh, he's under felony charges and can't stay off the ganja. So he kinda is.

Mark Stepnoski couldn't stay off the ganja either.

Look I get it. I don't think Brent should be here either. I don't however think they are keeping him because they think he will help the team at some point, and the cap implications of cutting him arnt a consideration either. Which means the only reason to keep the guy on the roster must pertain to something else, and it seems that some are hinting at the angle that they believe Brent might harm/kill himself because of his depressed state. By all accounts Brent was well liked by the players and coaches and by keeping him on the roster, he's allowed to be treated by the teams physicians etc etc. Whereas if they cut him he is on his own.

Top Bottom