Mr X

Reaction score
I guess Bray took Glory's mom out on a date then never called her.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Did anyone think Christian Ponder was going to be drafted 12th overall? Wanna bet?

Didn't think so.

And Bray is 10x's the thrower that Ponder is when he came out.

Mallet is one of the few that dropped a couple of rounds and he has a cannon of a arm. Dallas was foolish not to draft him in the third round. Dalton was a bargain in the second. Both would have saved an expensive Romo contract
signing extension and Dallas could have gotten some good picks for Romo in a
trade. Once again, Jerry will leave the team without a QB for a few years.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Mallet is one of the few that dropped a couple of rounds and he has a cannon of a arm. Dallas was foolish not to draft him in the third round. Dalton was a bargain in the second. Both would have saved an expensive Romo contract
signing extension and Dallas could have gotten some good picks for Romo in a
trade. Once again, Jerry will leave the team without a QB for a few years.

I don't think Romo is done yet... Resign him to an extension and get him an oline so he's not running for his life every other play and we'll be contenders.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't think Romo is done yet... Resign him to an extension and get him an oline so he's not running for his life every other play and we'll be contenders.

I think it is foolish not to be prepared for his decline. The total cap savings between Romo and Dalton would help also. Romo has maybe two or three years at this level. There is going to be alotta cap eat up in dead money when the Cowboys have to cut him only a couple years after extending him. Jerry has made this mistake too many times by giving big contracts to players on the wrong side of thirty.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I think it is foolish not to be prepared for his decline. The total cap savings between Romo and Dalton would help also. Romo has maybe two or three years at this level. There is going to be alotta cap eat up in dead money when the Cowboys have to cut him only a couple years after extending him. Jerry has made this mistake too many times by giving big contracts to players on the wrong side of thirty.

Worry about Romo's replacement a couple years from now. This team is built to win now. And frankly, this team and its fan base wouldn't be able to handle a QB drafted to be groomed under Romo. It would be a QB controversy from day 1.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Worry about Romo's replacement a couple years from now. This team is built to win now. And frankly, this team and its fan base wouldn't be able to handle a QB drafted to be groomed under Romo. It would be a QB controversy from day 1.

It'd only be a QB controversy if Romo played bad. If Romo plays good, nobody will say anything.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
It'd only be a QB controversy if Romo played bad. If Romo plays good, nobody will say anything.

Every QB throws an INT. As soon as Romo throws his first pick our dumbass fans will be calling for him to be benched.

This team couldn't handle that.

Unless there's great value in the pick it does this team no good to draft a QB in this draft. Build this OLine up and lets make a run now.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Bray or Nassib would be the perfect QB to have behind Romo. They both need a little work on fundamentals but when Romo retires they would be ready to take over. Bray added some extra weight as well to his frame.

Both are accurate passers. If we draft a QB, give me one of these guys.

Reaction score
Tennessee QB Bray's arm, release may up stock

By Jason La Canfora | CBS Sports NFL Insider
February 24, 2013 12:30 pm ET

INDIANAPOLIS -- Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray could be a fast riser coming out of a thin class at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Bray could end up being picked higher than many expect after generating buzz with scouts and GMs, who love his size (6-foot-6) and believe he has by far the best arm and release in this draft.

Bray may not be as mobile as some, but there is certainly a market for big drop-back passers -- Tom Brady hasn't had a bad career, and a quarterback with a similar stature to Bray (Joe Flacco) just won the MVP award at the Super Bowl. Bray has had character issues in the past -- and his maturity is a question -- but there is a lot to like as well.

Teams will get to know him better as he makes visits, and Bray, who left school after his junior year, could end up being a fit for several teams (he has some attributes that quarterback-needy Cleveland would like, for instance). The more comfortable teams become with him the more likely he gets pushed up the board.

He made a good first impression Sunday in the shorts and shirt, and while he must continue honing his accuracy, his arm stood out at the combine.

-------
One of the three best QB's from this class when it's all said and done.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think he'll be by far the best QB from this class. He's the one QB I'd be interested in drating.

Top Bottom