Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Linehan was just quoted the past week or so in a couple of articles as saying Garrett told him that was what they wanted going forward (when he was hired)

Like in week one where we prematurely gave up on a running game that saw DeMarco average over 6 yards a carry? Like that?

Reaction score
Garrett has also said he wanted a more balanced offense, a two TE base, etc in the past and never did it. Wanting something and actually committing to it are two different things.

Would we run this much if Garrett was calling plays? I really doubt it

On the other hand, back during MB3's last season or two with the team, I remember getting pissed when he got the ball. The team didn't run well then and it seemed like those short runs weren't succeeding in doing anything other than putting the team in 3rd and long. There were a lot of fans who thought Garrett was running it too often (given how ineffective the attempts were).

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Right. I'm talking about a pre-meditated attempt in live action. Not a jail-break.
They're working on it. They know his tendencies very well. Knowing and stopping though, two entirely different things.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
That's what I've been saying. Romo is going to keep on using defender's own tendencies to bear down on him for the sack and their own momentum in that pursuit against them.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah. What I said in my initial post!

That's what I've been saying. Romo is going to keep on using defender's own tendencies to bear down on him for the sack and their own momentum in that pursuit against them.
:lol

And the d-coordinators know that, is what I'm saying.

They better hope the "fix" isn't worse than the problem though!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Like in week one where we prematurely gave up on a running game that saw DeMarco average over 6 yards a carry? Like that?

Not sure which week one game you are talking about. You mean this yr, where we had 4 first half turnovers and were down 28-3 at the half?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
You're an idiot, dbair. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Week 1 was the same offense we've seen featured ever since Garrett has been in charge of it:

1. Not featuring a productive running game more.
2. Going into the shotgun in the redzone and passing out of it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You're an idiot, dbair. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Week 1 was the same offense we've seen featured ever since Garrett has been in charge of it:

1. Not featuring a productive running game more.
2. Going into the shotgun in the redzone and passing out of it.

eh...fail Bob

They'd have run the ball 30+ times easily that game had we been in it

Top Bottom