Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I've never really had money before, so I've never felt the need to visit retailers on Black Friday to buy a bunch of gifts at ridiculously reduced prices (or so retailers tell you) because I simply couldn't afford to. But after working one Black Friday at Best Buy, and reading about the employee who was trampled to death by Black Friday shoppers back in '08, and other assorted Black Friday madness still going on (a women pepper-sprayed 20 other customers to get at an XBox game), I've decided to never, never, EVER shop during those days, no matter how much money my career brings in.

It sucks for those employees who can't spend all of Thanksgiving with their families, and the deals just aren't worth it. At Best Buy at least, they only provided so many tickets for the best deals (7 or 8), and the markoffs for some of their other items were only like 5% more than they already were on sale for.

That day is a shameless grab for money and it makes people forget all humanity for shit they'll wind up replacing in 3 years, 5 years at best. Plus depending on where you live, it's opening you up to getting robbed on your way to your car with all your gifts. Not worth it.

Reaction score
People act like assholes. My wife makes me go and honestly it is fun to see people get pissed if they miss out on $2 off a pack of undies.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This has been the craziest Black Friday ever. I've never seen so many people acting like animals, especially the woman who pepper sprayed everyone.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Retail customers are dumb fucks, they really are. Especially if you've ever worked retail before. They bicker about getting 10% off items which is usually a shitty employee discount for most retailers. I used to work at TJ Maxx and a shit ton of people would always come in trying to find any piece of clothing or whatever with the slightest defect, going overboard, pleading, arguing, whining, trying to get their 10%-$4.00 discount.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Retail customers are dumb fucks, they really are. Especially if you've ever worked retail before. They bicker about getting 10% off items which is usually a shitty employee discount for most retailers. I used to work at TJ Maxx and a shit ton of people would always come in trying to find any piece of clothing or whatever with the slightest defect, going overboard, pleading, arguing, whining, trying to get their 10%-$4.00 discount.

I used to work at Best Buy also. Probably the worst job ever. Retail is very stressful. The hardest part for me was the customers talking to you like shit.

You're right about the customers being dumb fucks. I never knew there were that many stupid, ignorant people out there. Old people were some of the worst. A lot of them would argue for no reason and make no sense simply because they had nothing else to do.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think everyone should work retail at least once then most of these issues would go away.

Reaction score
I think Black Friday needs to go away. It's just a greed-induced riot every year. It's mildly ironic that it comes the day after a day where you're supposed to be thankful for what you have.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I've never been shopping on black Friday. I usually golf every year on that day.

I always send my wife, though. She brings me stuff every year, so I keep telling her to go.

This year she bought me a new iPhone, cologne and watch I've been looking at for awhile.

If you married guys do it RIGHT, you win this one. Sure, she spends a small fortune, but at least you get the shit you want.

Reaction score
I went once about 10 years ago. A gf and I woke up at 3am and hist the stores.

It sucked. I hate traffic, waiting, and untidiness. Not worth it IMO.

Reaction score
I went once about 10 years ago. A gf and I woke up at 3am and hist the stores.

It sucked. I hate traffic, waiting, and untidiness. Not worth it IMO.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think he went twice 10 years ago with a gf. It sucked both times.

Top Bottom