dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
HELL FUCKING NO TO PONDER. GOD PLEASE NO.

This organization never ceases to amaze me.

Yeah what the fuck, there are clearly dozens of guys at least as good as Brady, Rodgers or Romo sitting around doing nothing right now waiting to be picked up.

Reaction score
#NFL veteran QBS Matt Flynn and Christian Ponder among those scheduled for #Cowboys tryouts. Ed Werder on
Twitter.

Ponder is awful. Flynn might actually be better than Weeden. Meaning they both suck, but one doesn't suck as much.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd gladly sign Flynn or Ponder before signing Vaughan or calling up Showers.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah what the fuck, there are clearly dozens of guys at least as good as Brady, Rodgers or Romo sitting around doing nothing right now waiting to be picked up.

Way to go to an extreme. I'd rather stick with Weeden than Ponder. I've watched Ponder up here in Minnesota.

I'd be agreeable to Flynn.

This is Jerry's fucking fault for not taking the QB2 position more seriously. Trying to make this team the Island of Misfit Toys --- thinking he can fucking fix everything and everyone.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
They can bring back Brooks Bollinger for all I care. None of those QB's mentioned are season saver messiahs. It will be hard enough to survive the season with Weeden at the helm for 8-10 weeks. We are not saving the season if Weeden joins Romo on the sidelines and a journeyman never was has to step in for several games along side a running game that is a shell of what it was last year.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They can bring back Brooks Bollinger for all I care. None of those QB's mentioned are season saver messiahs. It will be hard enough to survive the season with Weeden at the helm for 8-10 weeks. We are not saving the season if Weeden joins Romo on the sidelines and a journeyman never was has to step in for several games along side a running game that is a shell of what it was last year.
Yep we're truly fukt if Weedman goes down.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Maybe we will get lucky and Garrett will find the next Kurt Warner at the grocery store while buying Jerry's depends adult diapers

Reaction score
I blame Stephen Jones for not addressing Romo’s successor. It’s like they don’t want to offend Romo by drafting a real quarterback. Tony has hardly been hit and gets hurt in the second game of the season. His body has become so fragile. This thread reminds me of the days where we dragged guys off the street and they would start that Sunday. We are fucking arguing over Christian Ponder vs Matt Fuckin Flynn. Both of them fucking suck and if the Cowboys have to turn to them, we are fucked.

I feel great about the Cowboys being 2-0. I don’t feel good about Weeden. I can’t get the Cardinal game out of my mind. I know they had a good defense, but the guy was missing wide open wide receivers and basically had that deer in the headlights look. I watched every game he played with the Browns. I am horrified that he is going to start multiple games for the Cowboys. I think we all have our head in the clouds about this guy. The Cowboys would be lucky to win 1 or 2 games without Romo.

Last edited:

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Weeden will be fine. I fully expect this team to be 5-3 when Romo comes back against Philly in Dallas.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Weeden will be fine. I fully expect this team to be 5-3 when Romo comes back against Philly in Dallas.

The offense carried the defense all last year. It's now the defense's turn.

I only feel a little better about Weeden because of Linehan.

I'd feel a lot better about Weeden if they would activate and UTILIZE Michael. We're going to need a stronger running game for sure.

Reaction score
I hope you guys are right. I just need to SEE Weeden lead this team to a win.

One thing i have noticed is the o-lines pass protection has been great this season. They look improved in that area.

Reaction score
The offense carried the defense all last year. It's now the defense's turn.

I only feel a little better about Weeden because of Linehan.

I'd feel a lot better about Weeden if they would activate and UTILIZE Michael. We're going to need a stronger running game for sure.

You would have to dress 5 running backs (im including Clutts). That’s too many, they need to sit someone?

Reaction score
McFadden has been about as ineffective as he was expected to be. The guy is washed up. I'd drop him and give Michel the spot. Then move Randall back to his same role from last year. 8 weeks of Weeden can't work without a respectable running game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Way to go to an extreme. I'd rather stick with Weeden than Ponder. I've watched Ponder up here in Minnesota.

I'd be agreeable to Flynn.

This is Jerry's fucking fault for not taking the QB2 position more seriously. Trying to make this team the Island of Misfit Toys --- thinking he can fucking fix everything and everyone.

You realize anybody they sign isn't replacing Weeden right?

We don't have another QB on the active roster now. Whoever they sign will be Weeden's backup until Romo returns. We cant go 8 weeks or so with only one QB active on gamedays.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I blame Stephen Jones for not addressing Romo’s successor. It’s like they don’t want to offend Romo by drafting a real quarterback. Tony has hardly been hit and gets hurt in the second game of the season. His body has become so fragile. This thread reminds me of the days where we dragged guys off the street and they would start that Sunday. We are fucking arguing over Christian Ponder vs Matt Fuckin Flynn. Both of them fucking suck and if the Cowboys have to turn to them, we are fucked.

I feel great about the Cowboys being 2-0. I don’t feel good about Weeden. I can’t get the Cardinal game out of my mind. I know they had a good defense, but the guy was missing wide open wide receivers and basically had that deer in the headlights look. I watched every game he played with the Browns. I am horrified that he is going to start multiple games for the Cowboys. I think we all have our head in the clouds about this guy. The Cowboys would be lucky to win 1 or 2 games without Romo.
So negative... I'm nominating you for a mod position.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Looks like Moore is the guy. NFL network said that Moore actually traveled to Philly for the game which guys from the practice squad normally don't do. After the game on the bus ride back Garrett told him to be ready for next week

Top Bottom