dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
After numerous debacles this year, I had decided I'd probably take the rest of the season off in terms of posting. It was just frustrating and honestly maddening to post after watching this mess.

That said its so depressing to watch, that I cant even retire and just not think about it.

Garrett's a bust, without question. This coaching staff is awful. Rob Ryan is the anti-Buddy when it comes to game planning and attacking teams QB's.

I thought Bernadeau was awful at RG, he appeared to be even worse at C. Dockery was pathetic. Free is a sack or bad play waiting to happen almost every snap. Our best OL just joined a fairly long and distinguished line of quality players likely to miss multiple games.

We played a lousy team at home today, and at the end I felt like I had witnesssed another loss. Nauseating doesnt come close to describing how awful it is to watch this year's team. I told a few people that I'd honestly rather sit there and watch re-runs of the 1989 Cowboys as opposed to watching this garbage, and its absolutely 100% true. I really wish this season would just end.

This team should be better than this, by quite a bit. It isnt. The coaching staff is mostly to blame. Jones better do the right thing after this year.

Reaction score
Welcome back, and I agree 100%.

We are maddeningly bad. I lose interest in games very early now, and I used to never want to miss a snap.

This team is bad bad bad.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep, in all seriousness, welcome back dbair. Superpunk has missed you. :bffs

I can't believe how poorly this team is coached. Each week I'm surprised that it can be this bad. But then this is 15 games in a row minus the one exception of the opening Giants game that it's been like this.

So maybe it shouldn't be a shock. But it's still incredibly frustrating.

Freddie

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't get the angst.

I'm quite pleased with the progress and direction of this team.

Rex Ryan compares Garrett to Belichick, but what would he know, right?

Back to the shadows I go.

Reaction score
Welcome back. I wish you would get back to looking at things a little more on an even keel. This team is extremely frustrating to watch and be a fan of, but one thing that gives me some hope is that they have alot of fight in them. They won’t quit. I watch alot of football and you see a number of teams go belly up when things go wrong. There is enough playmakers on this team for them to be successful. I honestly believe Garrett and Ryan are working and doing the best they can. They are both far from where they need to be but they are trying. The offensive line is beyond horrible, but they just don’t have enough talent there. Has nothing to do with coaching. I would never call a running play with that group. They are that bad. Anyways, until they are eliminated from playoff contention, ill root for wins and try to be a little even keel in my thinking.

Reaction score
I'm rooting for wins until we're eliminated... but man, it's just hard to watch this offense.

I cheer for first downs like they're touchdowns FFS.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's clear that the traditional offense Garrett wants to run isn't working.

Its the same shit every week. The funny thing is, as soon as he puts the game on Romo's shoulders, Romo goes off and puts up insane numbers with 20 minutes left in the game.

I say put the game in his hands from the opening gun. You're waiting to open the offense up until you don't have a choice. Fuck that. Do it from the start.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Prior to today, Dallas averaged 7 points per game in the 1st half. That's 30th. Behind Jacksonville. KC and Philly are the only two teams shittier at scoring in the 1st half.

13.8 in the second half, IIRC. Like 6th in the NFL.

I don't think they've scored more than 10 points in the first half of ANY GAME thus far. The fucking Chiefs put up 17 in the first half of their game against Atlanta. The Eagles have failed to do it and I would wager that they might be the only other team in the NFL. Jacksonville has done it twice and they have finished 4 games with 10 points or less.

Arizona has done it at least 2 times, once being today.

Detroit has done it.

Carolina and Cleveland did it today.

St. Louis last week.

Miami on board.

Oakland as well.

That effectively covers teams #22 through #32. Dallas and Philly look to be the only ones who haven't done it but it's way late and I could be wrong.

It's pretty clear whatever the fuck they're trying to do from the start is absolutely not working and whatever they are doing after falling behind is absolutely getting the job done.

I leave whatever each is the result of up to you.

Jerry_Jones_For_Life

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Wouldn't blame ya if you did retire from posting. Planning Sundays around this team is getting to be a joke.

Welcome back, dbair.

Reaction score
Good to have you back.

The OL flat out stinks. This team will go as far as their OL takes them.

By my calculation, this is somewhere between Euless and Bedford.

Reaction score
Farting around with the yahoo playoff generator it's not that hard to get us in at 9-7 and the wildcard. I gave us a loss to the saints and the steelers, but the skins are more than game as well.

We're gonna kinda need no more injuries
And for our passing game to not go small in fear of Parnell and/or free

Top Bottom