Reaction score
LOL, the bible is popular argument. Wow, i could have expected that from jeebus or whatever the fuck his name is but the almighty intellectual peplaw06?

Cythim

Reaction score
You are accepting the testimony on blind faith without knowing anything about the author outside of the bible and church teachings.

How many of them were put to death for spreading their lies?

Reaction score
Yea books written over 40 years after the fact by unknown authors. Mark is suppose to be the most reliable and oldest yet it doesn’t even have an ending. It simply says Jesus body was missing and everyone was afraid. The End. Well, until they added a fake ending later on. This is reliable? Why do all the gospels have a different set of events? Here is a clue...they were ALL made up.
Mark doesn't end like that

When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, bought spices, so that they might come and anoint Him. Very early on the first day of the week, they *came to the tomb when the sun had risen. They were saying to one another, "Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance of the tomb?" Looking up, they *saw that the stone had been rolled away, although it was extremely large. Entering the tomb, they saw a young man sitting at the right, wearing a white robe; and they were amazed. And he *said to them, "Do not be amazed; you are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who has been crucified. He has risen; He is not here; behold, here is the place where they laid Him. But go, tell His disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you to Galilee; there you will see Him, just as He told you.'" They went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had gripped them; and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid. [Now after He had risen early on the first day of the week, He first appeared to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons. She went and reported to those who had been with Him, while they were mourning and weeping. When they heard that He was alive and had been seen by her, they refused to believe it. After that, He appeared in a different form to two of them while they were walking along on their way to the country. They went away and reported it to the others, but they did not believe them either. Afterward He appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at the table; and He reproached them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who had seen Him after He had risen. And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them, and confirmed the word by the signs that followed.]
[ Mark 16 1-20]

Reaction score
Mark doesn't end like that

When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, bought spices, so that they might come and anoint Him. Very early on the first day of the week, they *came to the tomb when the sun had risen. They were saying to one another, "Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance of the tomb?" Looking up, they *saw that the stone had been rolled away, although it was extremely large. Entering the tomb, they saw a young man sitting at the right, wearing a white robe; and they were amazed. And he *said to them, "Do not be amazed; you are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who has been crucified. He has risen; He is not here; behold, here is the place where they laid Him. But go, tell His disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you to Galilee; there you will see Him, just as He told you.'" They went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had gripped them; and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid. [Now after He had risen early on the first day of the week, He first appeared to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons. She went and reported to those who had been with Him, while they were mourning and weeping. When they heard that He was alive and had been seen by her, they refused to believe it. After that, He appeared in a different form to two of them while they were walking along on their way to the country. They went away and reported it to the others, but they did not believe them either. Afterward He appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at the table; and He reproached them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who had seen Him after He had risen. And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them, and confirmed the word by the signs that followed.]
[ Mark 16 1-20]

This is one of the three alternate endings that were added on later. I guess it depends how you feel about your Christianity that day. Go with the short and sweet ending or if you are feeling adventurous go with the handling of serpents and drinking poison version.

Why peplaw06 didn’t answer my question. Takes him down a road he wants nothing to do with.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
LOL, the bible is popular argument. Wow, i could have expected that from jeebus or whatever the fuck his name is but the almighty intellectual peplaw06?

Wow you pretty clearly couldn't understand anything I posted. It is easier than sh1t to criticize my stance but you are so stupid you actually just made up the idea that I base it around the bible. Everything I have said in this thread revolves around internal spirituality and an inner connection to god providing all the proof a man needs. Basically you are either stupid or a liar and I dont think you are lieing, you really think I relie on the the bible despite the fact you just made that sh1t up.

The funniest thing is people really do despise you for you atheism, as unchrisitian as it is I really do enjoy how bitter it makes you. But at least people aren't looking down on you for all your other obvious faults, like just making sh1t up.

Last edited:

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Post 666.

spaxdj.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is one of the three alternate endings that were added on later. I guess it depends how you feel about your Christianity that day. Go with the short and sweet ending or if you are feeling adventurous go with the handling of serpents and drinking poison version.

Why peplaw06 didn’t answer my question. Takes him down a road he wants nothing to do with.
Even if it had ended at chapter 8, (accounts say that the next 16 chapters were added as late as the early 2nd century) it didn't just end with an empty tomb. Clearly says in verse 6-7 that Jesus had risen and would meet up with the disciples.

Given that I have stayed out of this thread for various reasons, but one thing has been bothering me. I don't judge you for your beliefs, and if it was something you held dearly like I hold my religious beliefs I would never talk down to you about those beliefs or degrade you. I don't get why the resident atheists on this board feel the need to do that. Live and let live. I'm not nor have I have ever tried to force my beliefs on you or anyone else. Honest discussion is fine and I will participate in that without reservation. I just think you and others come across as if you are ridiculing people for their beliefs. I don't think that is right. To each his own though.

If I'm wrong I apologize that is just my perception as a casual observer in this thread. Peace and love.

Reaction score
oh yes printing statistics that proves so much Hi I'm the talmud and hammarabi's code how are you?
I figured you would miss the point again.

+1

How many of them were put to death for spreading their lies?
Or put to death because the authority didn't like to hear the truth... tomato, tomahto

Reaction score
Even if it had ended at chapter 8, (accounts say that the next 16 chapters were added as late as the early 2nd century) it didn't just end with an empty tomb. Clearly says in verse 6-7 that Jesus had risen and would meet up with the disciples.

Yea, the story of Mark was tampered with. When the story ends, there have been no eye-witnesses to his resurrection, just a man dressed in white telling the disciples he was risen. I find it funny that Jesus couldn’t get the disciples to believe him and even changed his form. I guess Jesus was one of those shape shifters, lol.

Given that I have stayed out of this thread for various reasons, but one thing has been bothering me. I don't judge you for your beliefs, and if it was something you held dearly like I hold my religious beliefs I would never talk down to you about those beliefs or degrade you. I don't get why the resident atheists on this board feel the need to do that. Live and let live. I'm not nor have I have ever tried to force my beliefs on you or anyone else. Honest discussion is fine and I will participate in that without reservation. I just think you and others come across as if you are ridiculing people for their beliefs. I don't think that is right. To each his own though.

If I'm wrong I apologize that is just my perception as a casual observer in this thread. Peace and love.

The jabs have come from both sides but because you have a bias to your fellow Christians you don’t notice it. If Christians keep their beliefs to themselves, i would do the same. Truth of the matter is, they do not. The driving force of Christianity is intolerance and aggressive conversion. Thankfully the modern church is lukewarm enough to allow us non-believers a voice to still speak our minds against it. Although your tone seems to favor the idea that critics should be silenced.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yea, the story of Mark was tampered with. When the story ends, there have been no eye-witnesses to his resurrection, just a man dressed in white telling the disciples he was risen.
So if the account ends there, how does that change anything?

I find it funny that Jesus couldn’t get the disciples to believe him and even changed his form. I guess Jesus was one of those shape shifters, lol.
You mean humans wouldn't believe that someone who they had seen dead had risen from the dead? You don't say... Man, this is a powerful indictment on the Christian religion.

The jabs have come from both sides but because you have a bias to your fellow Christians you don’t notice it. If Christians keep their beliefs to themselves, i would do the same. Truth of the matter is, they do not. The driving force of Christianity is intolerance and aggressive conversion. Thankfully the modern church is lukewarm enough to allow us non-believers a voice to still speak our minds against it. Although your tone seems to favor the idea that critics should be silenced.
Please. The only people who start religious threads on this board are you and Superpunk. And you two use the threads to lob insults. That's it. You have no real substance. You've read a few websites and read a few scriptures, and everyone else is retarded. The only intolerance and aggressiveness that I've seen comes from you and Superpunk. Pretty ironic.

Reaction score
Yea, the story of Mark was tampered with. When the story ends, there have been no eye-witnesses to his resurrection, just a man dressed in white telling the disciples he was risen. I find it funny that Jesus couldn’t get the disciples to believe him and even changed his form. I guess Jesus was one of those shape shifters, lol.

If others are taking jabs they are just as wrong. I am very tolerant but I don't appreciate being talked down to or made fun of because we have differing beliefs. No one would. That is what I see. I am very interested in why people believe what they believe. I have a number of books on other religions and have studied them to have a better understanding. I've taken classes and even attended different religious services. I wouldn't talk down to a Muslim, Buddhists, or a Member of the Jewish faith, etc, because our faiths are different. You seek out confrontation. That isn't the way I am. You say totally inflamatory stuff to try and get someone to defend their religion. Then you say see Christians are intolerant.

I find it funny that you say I think you should be silenced right after you say Christians should keep their faith to themselves.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks. If you, as a non-Santa believer, encountered someone who believes in Santa there is going to be a certain amount of condescension because of the ridiculousness of the belief, even though you yourself also once believed Santa was real.

Reaction score
So if the account ends there, how does that change anything?

There are no eye witnesses. No commission of Christ. No ascension. It even says “they did not tell any man”. Mark was the first book written. Matthew and Luke copied from parts of it later on. That’s why the endings are so fucked up. They all made up their own. I left off John because that book is so far off base and in left field.

You mean humans wouldn't believe that someone who they had seen dead had risen from the dead? You don't say... Man, this is a powerful indictment on the Christian religion.

I just think it’s interesting that someone that didn’t look like Jesus was walking around claiming to be Jesus.

Please. The only people who start religious threads on this board are you and Superpunk. And you two use the threads to lob insults. That's it. You have no real substance. You've read a few websites and read a few scriptures, and everyone else is retarded. The only intolerance and aggressiveness that I've seen comes from you and Superpunk. Pretty ironic.

I am not sure i have started any religious threads, but i don’t see why that matters. Don’t click and respond to them if they bother you so much. I have made a number of good posts with some substance. I have spent a ton of time reading the bible and i know the Christian religion as good as anyone here.

What gets me is how some smart people can believe such bullshit (the book has a talking donkey for fucks sake!) I shouldn’t be surprised because pyramid schemes like Amway always find more buffoons. People will continue to believe anything these days without questioning it.

Reaction score
There are no eye witnesses. No commission of Christ. No ascension.
Verses 1 - 8 talk about Mary, Mary Magdalene and Salome going to the tomb, where they found Jesus was not there. Sounds like witnesses to the empty tomb to me. If it ended there, it doesn't mean that nothing happened after that. It's just when Mark's account possibly ended. And there were eye witnesses in other books, even outside the four gospels.
It even says “they did not tell any man”.
Would be pretty hard for Mark to know if they didn't tell anyone.
Mark was the first book written. Matthew and Luke copied from parts of it later on. That’s why the endings are so fucked up. They all made up their own. I left off John because that book is so far off base and in left field.
There are lots of different theories as to which gospel was written first, and lots of different theories as to similarities between the gospels. You're clearly just taking the most controversial theories and the ones that back your extreme views and espousing them as fact. When scholars disagree on the topic, I tend to think your claim that you know the answer is complete bull.

I am not sure i have started any religious threads, but i don’t see why that matters. Don’t click and respond to them if they bother you so much. I have made a number of good posts with some substance. I have spent a ton of time reading the bible and i know the Christian religion as good as anyone here.
I hardly ever respond to the snipe threads. I decided to on this one because you two were being so insulting. I generally don't care what you guys spout about religion. It doesn't bother me, until you start insulting anyone and everyone, telling us we shouldn't force our views on you, when it's in fact the opposite happening. 2233boys owned you a couple posts back on that issue, but of course, you didn't acknowledge the irony.

Reaction score
Verses 1 - 8 talk about Mary, Mary Magdalene and Salome going to the tomb, where they found Jesus was not there. Sounds like witnesses to the empty tomb to me. If it ended there, it doesn't mean that nothing happened after that. It's just when Mark's account possibly ended. And there were eye witnesses in other books, even outside the four gospels. Would be pretty hard for Mark to know if they didn't tell anyone. There are lots of different theories as to which gospel was written first, and lots of different theories as to similarities between the gospels. You're clearly just taking the most controversial theories and the ones that back your extreme views and espousing them as fact. When scholars disagree on the topic, I tend to think your claim that you know the answer is complete bull.

Eyewitnesses to an empty tomb? So what? The body could have been stolen. If we find an empty grave today, are we to simply assume the body has risen? Mark is the first gospel written. That’s pretty clear, not sure where you are getting your info. You talk about the gospels being eye witnesses, but you don’t even know who wrote them and when.

I also think it’s possible that many Christians including Paul believed Christ never lived on the earth. Paul doesn’t mention anything from the gospels. The Q, was a bunch of sayings. Later on a story was created around it. Who knows? Why wasn’t the gospel of Thomas not included? So many questions and no answers. Just your assertions.

I hardly ever respond to the snipe threads. I decided to on this one because you two were being so insulting. I generally don't care what you guys spout about religion. It doesn't bother me, until you start insulting anyone and everyone, telling us we shouldn't force our views on you, when it's in fact the opposite happening. 2233boys owned you a couple posts back on that issue, but of course, you didn't acknowledge the irony.

You can keep making making all the assertions you want, doesn’t change reality. He told me to be quiet first. When do i run around telling others not voice their opinion? Never. My response to him was that vocal Atheist is a product of vocal Christians.

Reaction score
Reaction score
You talk about the gospels being eye witnesses
Where did I say that?

So many questions and no answers. Just your assertions.
lol

You mean no answers that you believe. It's because you think you know everything about it, and have made up your mind, and won't consider my "assertions." My "assertions" have been in response to your questions, so they're answers. You just don't like them.

You can keep making making all the assertions you want, doesn’t change reality.
As if you know what the reality is. You just parrot the common atheistic questions. Another bit of irony. Atheism is like a religion for you. You believe everything that faction of people state and discount everything Christians say.

He told me to be quiet first.
Awwwww... did he? Maybe you should tell his mommy.

When do i run around telling others not voice their opinion? Never. My response to him was that vocal Atheist is a product of vocal Christians.
You just stated that Christians should keep their beliefs to themselves. You said his "tone" sounded like he supported quieting dissension. So he didn't tell you to be quiet. Now you're in here saying he started it. Just another example of your distorted view of Christians vs. Atheists. Poor atheists are so mistreated.

Top Bottom