Reaction score
I'm not sure what I think about religion.

Why did God stop speaking to people?
Why are you destined to spend enternity in hell if you're not saved and does this rule apply to the millions around the world who have no access to the Christian religion for reasons beyond their control?
Can a serial killer go to heaven provided he asks for forgiveness to the priest right before they flip the switch, but my dad who was a good man and died almost instantly and unexpectedly is in hell because he didn't do that?
If God knows and see's all, to include having a plan for each and every one of us, then do we really have free will, and why do we go to hell if it's Gods will/plan for someone to not end up being saved?

+ many more questions I have.

I mean, there are times I believe in God. I want him to be there. I feel like I see miracles when I see my kids. But I'm a cynical bastard.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
All questions I have asked myself. My dad was Baptist preacher, and since I became a grown ass man, I have asked him the same questions. The patent answer is "faith will guide us to our answers". So, that seems to be my problem. I have no faith, so I can't get any answers. It's a bitch of a rule.

Reaction score
Who said he did?

You know anyone who has conversed with God?

And I don't mean a conversation in your head, or someone subconciously making a decision and being all like "God told me to do this!"

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Yes, I believe the lord speaks to those who listen. That is what the holy spirit is for.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Jeebus and I have danced this dance before. It could get ugly. So be forewarned.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
God has never answered one thing I've prayed for.

As far as I'm concerned he can go F himself.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Why did God stop speaking to people?
He didn't
Why are you destined to spend enternity in hell if you're not saved
I think not being joined in gods presence for eternity is hell enough, and it is a hell of people's own choosing.
and does this rule apply to the millions around the world who have no access to the Christian religion for reasons beyond their control?
I disagree with the idea there is one path, rather many paths all lead on place. The Indians great spirit or the opening lines of the rig Veda could have come from Christianity.
Can a serial killer go to heaven provided he asks for forgiveness to the priest right before they flip the switch, but my dad who was a good man and died almost instantly and unexpectedly is in hell because he didn't do that?
A man goes to hell or heaven based on whether his right with god. I can only answer how to make myself right with god ( luckily he speaks to me), I do t know about the specific circumstances of the other 12 billion people who have been born at some point in the past.
If God knows and see's all, to include having a plan for each and every one of us, then do we really have free will, and why do we go to hell if it's Gods will/plan for someone to not end up being saved?
To know something is going to happen is not to cause that thing to happen. I know hostile will tell lies, I didn't cause him to do that.
+
many more questions I have.
Ask away, if I get stuck I will kick it up stairs.
I mean, there are times I believe in God. I want him to be there. I feel like I see miracles when I see my kids.
That is weird, I feel nothing when I see your kids.

Reaction score
Isn't the Bible pretty specific?

There seems to be a lot left open to personal interpretation based on the answers you're providing.

I've been to Church. It's said time and time again the only way to Heaven is to be saved.

Yet you're saying "Naw, there's lots a ways! Also, Indians who did rain dances and shit and worshipped the land and clouds and other stuff... yeah, they might've been Christians too!"

:awkward

You could've saved a lot of key strokes by just typing "Don't know, brah!"

Reaction score
Isn't the Bible pretty specific?

There seems to be a lot left open to personal interpretation based on the answers you're providing.

I've been to Church. It's said time and time again the only way to Heaven is to be saved.

Yet you're saying "Naw, there's lots a ways! Also, Indians who did rain dances and shit and worshipped the land and clouds and other stuff... yeah, they might've been Christians too!"

:awkward

You could've saved a lot of key strokes by just typing "Don't know, brah!"
It's really not all that specific. Which is why you see hundreds of different denominations of the one over-arching "religion" of Christianity. If it was pretty specific, there would only be one.

There are a lot of cliches out there created by "religion" that really aren't biblical.

Reaction score
I am not saying atheist should be burned at the stake, But I am also not saying atheist shouldn't be burned at the stake. I am saying we just can't know for sure. So better to be safe than sorry.

Pascal's wager fallacy.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's really not all that specific. Which is why you see hundreds of different denominations of the one over-arching "religion" of Christianity. If it was pretty specific, there would only be one.

There are a lot of cliches out there created by "religion" that really aren't biblical.

So what's your view on religion?

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I suppose Jeebus and I won't dance again. He seems to not want to be over the top enough for me to slap him down. :awkward

Top Bottom