boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Oh good God. I don't hate everything about the team. I wouldn't be here if I did.

I think we have a ton of good players. The whole reason Garrett (and Jerry) frustrates me is because I think we have the talent to do some things and we don't play to our potential or even close to it.

Why is it that it's fine to hate Campo or Gailey or Phillips but we're supposed to love Jason Garrett? What makes him so special?

And I'll say it again, I had nothing against the guy when he was hired. I was happy when I heard he was hired because I remember thinking "Good, Jerry only knows his old Arky/Okie buddies, now some of "his" young guys are finally getting old enough to be hired." And Garrett had a good rep, supposedly.

But as I've watched him here, I don't like the job he's done. As you said, sorry for having that opinion.

You are a bad fan. You really need to find another site to spam your hate. People like you make posters that actually like the team feel like they can't post without feeling harassed and attacked.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
"I think it's too difficult a job for one guy to say, 'Hey, I'm the playcaller. I put the whole playbook together, I put all the game plans together, I call the plays.' That's not the way we operate. That's not the way we have operated or will operate."

lol weren't he and Jerry just saying that it was beneficial for the coach to be both HC and play-caller; and that Garrett would continue to do that?

Reaction score
Well let's see: they forced his brother out; they took away his play-calling duties; and Charlotte looked like she had more authority/input in the draft room than the head coach. Other than that he's had a fantastic off-season.

Logic.

I guess we will find out.

images

Reaction score
I was happy when I heard he was hired because I remember thinking "Good, Jerry only knows his old Arky/Okie buddies, now some of "his" young guys are finally getting old enough to be hired." And Garrett had a good rep, supposedly.

But as I've watched him here, I don't like the job he's done. As you said, sorry for having that opinion.

To build off this statement, I'd say the 2007 season was promising and it seemed like he was going to do some great things here, but instead, he progressively got worse as an OC. He has never been a good HC and there is a good sample size to support that argument at this point.

With teams like Seattle, Denver, and SF turning it all around in virtually one season with a new HC, I just don't see the point in wasting 4+ years on this clown. In 1960, patience with Landry paid off, but that doesn't have to happen anymore.

Reaction score
Your an idiot sheep homer theebs. But save some room on that bandwagon because I'll jump on with you when we get closer to the season.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Great anyone else want to get a homer/sheep/ idiot comment in just because I actuallyike the team?

Do it now.

Can I get back to you on that? I'm tied up resizing a new avatar at the moment.

Reaction score
To build off this statement, I'd say the 2007 season was promising and it seemed like he was going to do some great things here, but instead, he progressively got worse as an OC. He has never been a good HC and there is a good sample size to support that argument at this point.

With teams like Seattle, Denver, and SF turning it all around in virtually one season with a new HC, I just don't see the point in wasting 4+ years on this clown. In 1960, patience with Landry paid off, but that doesn't have to happen anymore.

Hear me out on this... It's just a theory.

I have zero confidence that Jerry can hire a coach who would be able to come in here and clean things up year one and be a contender right away. I also don't think any coach Jerry will hire is going to have any sustained success here, because Jerry is going to be Jerry.

Jerry clearly loves Garrett for whatever reason. If Garrett starts to gain Jerry's confidence, and Jerry sticks with Garrett's "process," maybe Jerry loosens the grip some...?? I do think Garrett could be a successful HC if he's not beholden to an overbearing Owner/GM.

I just feel like if Garrett goes, we're going to be back where we were when Campo, Wade or Garrett started. The only thing I like right now is it appears our HC has some sense of building something here. If we fire him, we'll again be rudderless.

Reaction score
I think Garrett is ideal for the walk-around head coach.

I really think he'll do well in this role. At least as well as any coach can do with Jerry running a circus like atmosphere.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
^ I feel pretty confident that if Garrett does not have any playoff success this year, then he is done, and Gruden will be brought in. Jerry toyed with the idea of Gruden this year. Gruden wants a certain amount of contol but he is willing to deal with the nightmare that is Jerry. Gruden wants to hire a GM (he has someone in mind) and maybe that person won't be called GM, maybe Director of Personnel, but they will be Gruden's man in the Front Office. I think that even with the Jerry being control (and power) freak that he is, another year of failure, with this roster and payroll, is going to be enough for him to make a significant change.

Romo's contract lessons Jerry's patience with Garrett as well.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is the last year the fans will tolerate not making the playoffs. If we go 8-8 again this year or worse I guarantee you shit will hit the fan and there will be some major changes.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This is the last year the fans will tolerate not making the playoffs. If we go 8-8 again this year or worse I guarantee you shit will hit the fan and there will be some major changes.

Bullshit.

It will take three consecutive 5-11 seasons before Jerry starts feeling the impact.

There are a lot of stupid Cowboys fans.

If he dumps Garrett after another 8-8, I will be mildly shocked.

It depends on the circumstances. If he loses five-six in a row Norv-style, yeah.

But if there is an injury excuse or anything else that can excuse Garrett, I believe he will take it, despite the appearance Garrett is on his shit list.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I disagree. The fans are ready to run Jerry out of town. There's no way he'll be able to sell the team after another year of this shit.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I disagree. The fans are ready to run Jerry out of town. There's no way he'll be able to sell the team after another year of this shit.

Sell the team?

He built the largest ATM machine in the world.

He has it setup where season ticket holders had to buy psl's.

The whole thing is tilted in their favor win or lose. We can boo him and we will but financially he is untouchable.

The idea that he would hire gruden and then fire ciskowski and allow him his own director is hillarious.

Ciskowski might be the biggest lapdog of all. he is never going anywhere and Jerry does whatever he wants in the war room, no way he goes and puts in a guy who would challenge him.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Ciskowski might be the biggest lapdog of all. he is never going anywhere and Jerry does whatever he wants in the war room, no way he goes and puts in a guy who would challenge him.

I agree with this.

He's been here all along. Not quite Waylon Smithers but easily dominated. That's why Jerry didn't give a shit when Jeff Ireland left and tried to minimize his role calling him an "information gatherer". That's what Ciskowski is and he's more than content to continue doing it.

Other teams spot it...that's why he's failed interviewing for real GM gigs. The guy has no nuts.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I agree with this.

He's been here all along. Not quite Waylon Smithers but easily dominated. That's why Jerry didn't give a shit when Jeff Ireland left and tried to minimize his role calling him an "information gatherer". That's what Ciskowski is and he's more than content to continue doing it.

Other teams spot it...that's why he's failed interviewing for real GM gigs. The guy has no nuts.

All u need to know about him is he was en route to the top job before parcells showed up, he checked out the landscape and then kicked out the good ol boys, promoted Ireland and in 05 fired broaddus to hire Brian gaine.

Then he made a policy that none of old guard could interfere with their buisness.

Parcells leaves and takes Ireland, gaine stays for one more year and Judd slides into his job when will mcclay was the guy supposed to take the job.

Few years down the road ireland gets the job we have two place kickers Jerry is extremely cocky and the team is back off track.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I think Garrett is ideal for the walk-around head coach.

I really think he'll do well in this role. At least as well as any coach can do with Jerry running a circus like atmosphere.

Yeah, I like him way better as a HC/organizer. He's shown he is just a middle of the road OC without any real creativity. Even Callahan calling the plays, if they are Garrett's plays, doesn't excite me.

That team could of quit last year with all the injuries, but they kept playing hard. That is something new in Dallas.

Reaction score
I'm not convinced that Lombardi, Landry, or Walsh could win today in Dallas with Jerry's circus swirling around the team.

And if those three would have a tough time winning with Jerry's organization, seems unlikely that Garrett could.

Top Bottom