Cythim

Reaction score
I know Dallas has its moments, but they seem to come only when the fans want to participate in games. When was the last time the crowd in Dallas caused a false start or was so loud the QB couldn't make changes at the line? I don't know what crowds are like in the East but out here they are still loud and capable of giving QBs trouble.

As for Shea, Yankee and Fenway, you should not expect much noise at a baseball game. I've been the the Astrodome, Minutemaid, The Ballpark, Safeco, and Turner Field and none of them were impressive in terms of crowd noise.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I know Dallas has its moments, but they seem to come only when the fans want to participate in games. When was the last time the crowd in Dallas caused a false start or was so loud the QB couldn't make changes at the line? I don't know what crowds are like in the East but out here they are still loud and capable of giving QBs trouble.

As for Shea, Yankee and Fenway, you should not expect much noise at a baseball game. I've been the the Astrodome, Minutemaid, The Ballpark, Safeco, and Turner Field and none of them were impressive in terms of crowd noise.

The crowd gave stafford all kinds of problems Sunday, forced false start and did the same thing to grossman monday.

The crowdwemt flat when they scored and took the lead....u have to excuse us on that, we were all in shock.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm curious, but why would people remember an incomplete pass in a game we ended up winning? It was inconsequential to the final outcome.

Maybe because plays where guys drop wide open bombs for TD's kinda stick out, especially when the guy has nobody around him and the ball is perfectly thrown. That and it was basically the same play call twice. Also says something about how dumb the Redskins defense was.

Cythim

Reaction score
Maybe because plays where guys drop wide open bombs for TD's kinda stick out, especially when the guy has nobody around him and the ball is perfectly thrown. That and it was basically the same play call twice. Also says something about how dumb the Redskins defense was.

I think I actually remember that game now that you mention it. I didn't get to watch a lot of football growing up because my dad had me out working on weekends. I remember being mad at Rocket for missing an easy TD and loving him later for making it the second time.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
On the other hand, I will say this about Cowboys Stadium.

1. The loudest parts of a football stadium are generally the endzones because there's crowd noise coming from three-sides. Many of these stadiums reserve the end-zone seating to the boisterous fans. For Cowboys Stadium, the endzones are lined with the luxury suites and the end zone seats located above - where the cheerleaders line up. Of course, these luxury suites don't seat fans as densely as regular seats and generally have quieter fans.

2. That stadium is humongous. I don't know the stats or science of acoustics, but possibly it's loud in the stands, but that crowd noise doesn't get to the field. Arrowhead Stadium is intimate -- the distance between 50yard seating on one side to the other side is much, much closer than it is at Cowboys Stadium.

3. I do remember an article several years back discussing the architecture of Cowboys Stadium. Essentially, Jerry Jones decided to make the acoustics of the stadium 50/50 to accommodate sporting events and concerts. For crowd noise with sporting events, you want echo. However, echo is horrible for concerts. As a result, Jerry Jones went down the middle whereas Seahawks Stadium is great for crowd noise - but horrible for concerts.

4. The Huge End Zone Glass Doors - glass doesn't contain noise as well as steel.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
I do have one question for you, Theebs.

Why the hell do we start waves when the team's on offense?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I do have one question for you, Theebs.

Why the hell do we start waves when the team's on offense?

No idea...haven't seen that in awhile though.

One problem the place has is so many out of town fans every week and they are all there to see the offense and that s why it is always loud in there on offense..

Reaction score

Last Monday night on the redskins first play of their last drive of the game.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
I will say Cowboys Stadium (at least in the stands, don't know about on the field) is much louder than Texas Stadium.

With the extra 40,000 seats, more of the riff-raff (and I use that term lovingly) get in. Just seems like there are more fans at Cowboys Stadium that are totally homered out with the paraphenalia - Cowboys hats, Cowboys shirts, Cowboys pants.

My unscientific guess is that Cowboys Stadium is probably somewhere around #13-17 loudest.

Top Bottom