Cythim

Reaction score
I honestly feel like a moron for admitting this but I had never considered the possibility that FOX, CBS, ESPN and ABC adjust the volume of the game that comes into your house.

I have no reason why they would tone it down but it seems to me that if you pipe the sound up a little bit during critical situations that you might be able to grasp the attention of the viewers at home a little more.

I can no longer base my opinion of the Cowboys fan noise on the TV.

With that said, when I went to TS back in 2007 I really wasn't overly impressed. That was the Rams game where Romo made that crazy fumble recovery and run and that was probably the loudest point in the game. Of course, that game was a blowout so maybe that had something to do with it.

I really expected it to be louder at a professional game. I spent some time at KU and I think Allen Fieldhouse holds about 1/5th the amount of people that TS did. Indoors and bouncing off hardwood or not, there were times where I couldn't hear the person next to me yelling into my ear.

I can't speak for the additional thousands of people at Cowboys Stadium but back at TS, the crowd was pretty mild unless a big play had already happened.

All you have to do is watch the opposing QB not use the silent count to know how quiet the fans are.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Opponents don't have to use the silent count in every other stadium.

Realistically, there are really only a handful of stadiums that actually cause consistent trouble.

Sucks that Dallas isn't on that list.

Cythim

Reaction score
yeah, your off telling me that.

your-and-youre-your-you-re-grammar-nazi-demotivational-poster-1220600636.jpg

Cythim

Reaction score
In the future stick to what you know about..

Whatever the hell that is.

How to speak English is certainly one of them. I am also good at knowing how to tell the difference between loud and quiet.

Cythim

Reaction score
Which section are your seats in?

lol Yes you have season tickets and I watch from my couch here in Washington. You think you know what loud is but you have nothing to compare it to. I've been to a Seahawks game, it was so loud in that stadium I couldn't hear myself yelling. I've been to a Timbers game, where the stadium reverberates with the yelling, stomping, and dancing of the Timber's Army. I've also been at Kyle Field where the students never sit and the stadium sways when the fight song is playing. The crowds in Dallas are docile. They are customers out on a Sunday afternoon looking to enjoy a show. Most of them are probably so busy updating their facebook status with a picture of them at the stadium that they never notice a football game is going on.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
lol Yes you have season tickets and I watch from my couch here in Washington. You think you know what loud is but you have nothing to compare it to. I've been to a Seahawks game, it was so loud in that stadium I couldn't hear myself yelling. I've been to a Timbers game, where the stadium reverberates with the yelling, stomping, and dancing of the Timber's Army. I've also been at Kyle Field where the students never sit and the stadium sways when the fight song is playing. The crowds in Dallas are docile. They are customers out on a Sunday afternoon looking to enjoy a show. Most of them are probably so busy updating their facebook status with a picture of them at the stadium that they never notice a football game is going on.

Oh boy.

Again you should think about the things u accuse people of, because u have no idea what your talking about.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

True story from Texas Stadium. At one game me and some friends made the trip out for, people asked if we would be quiet. We werent cussing or saying anyting bad, just going crazy for the team the way any true fans do. One set of fans wondered why we wanted to stand up the entire game.

Another game we went to we saw people reading magazines (not game programs, but stuff like Cosmo and Time) in their seats.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh boy.

Again you should think about the things u accuse people of, because u have no idea what your talking about.

Far be it for me to agree with one of my arch nemesis here, but I agree with him on the lame crowds at Texas Stadium. I havent been to the new stadium yet, but will get there for the first time next month.

There were some exceptions. I remember how loud that place was in the 1992 regular season win vs Philly and the following year's regular season win vs SF. But there's also been games I've been to where I thought it was the worst atmosphere and collection of lousy fans I've ever seen.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
True story from Texas Stadium. At one game me and some friends made the trip out for, people asked if we would be quiet. We werent cussing or saying anyting bad, just going crazy for the team the way any true fans do. One set of fans wondered why we wanted to stand up the entire game.

Another game we went to we saw people reading magazines (not game programs, but stuff like Cosmo and Time) in their seats.

I've seen the same types of things at the vet and giants stadium.....and worse at Fenway and yankee stadium.

What does it mean?

Cythim

Reaction score
Oh boy.

You haven't provided a shred of evidence other than your "personal experience," which I am calling ignorant. Do something besides deflect and cry like a bitch please.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You haven't provided a shred of evidence other than your "personal experience," which I am calling ignorant. Do something besides deflect and cry like a bitch please.

U know everything and have already made up your mind, why would I sit here and tell you which stadiums I have been to?

Just please continue to tell us your version of facts you don't have a shred of knowledge about.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What most people forget is Ismail dropped a ball on virtually the same exact play earlier in the game. It was also a perfect throw.

I'm curious, but why would people remember an incomplete pass in a game we ended up winning? It was inconsequential to the final outcome.

Do people remember a putt Jack Nicklaus missed on some random hole of a tournament he won?

I remember it. They ran the same exact play and he was open just as much and he dropped it.

Cythim

Reaction score
U know everything and have already made up your mind, why would I sit here and tell you which stadiums I have been to?

Just please continue to tell us your version of facts you don't have a shred of knowledge about.

You've done nothing to support your opinion so far. You knock the media for talking about the fans and you knock anyone else who talks about them. The only thing I've seen from you is comparing football games to baseball games. If you don't want an argument then don't come here starting one with an opinion that is far away from what most people think.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You've done nothing to support your opinion so far. You knock the media for talking about the fans and you knock anyone else who talks about them. The only thing I've seen from you is comparing football games to baseball games. If you don't want an argument then don't come here starting one with an opinion that is far away from what most people think.

Peoples opinions Are driven by nuggets like this in the media and from an out of town fan who comes here with some unreal expectation and then goes overboard with the reaction to the stadium.

IMO, the loudest building in the NFL was rich stadium before the renovation. 82000 strong insane bills fans. I use to go every year, that place was louder than any NFL venue to this day. I was at the dolphins bills game where Jimmy Johnson said after he had never been in an environment like that in his life. I went to a number of critical bills games in those days and the place was louder than anything I have experienced at a sporting event.

I spent years and years going to the carrier dome watching the Syracuse basketball and football team. Its the biggest and largest crowd in the NCAA for basketball and it is a football environment.

Been to the vet, old giants stadium, the new browns stadium, rich stadium and both stadiums here....

Cowboys stadium has it's warts, but it is ignorant and foolish to constantly bag on the fans here, there have been plenty of deafening games here...the eagles media and staff referred to the noise in the stadium in 09 like a European soccer stadium and said it was initimadating.

So for instnce if the old rich stadium is a 9 cowboys stadium is about a 6.5 and I personally don't think many are louder...none of the other east stadiums have their home field advantage they once had either....raise prices on tickets, food and parking then intsall thousands of suites and this is what we get.

I absolutely loved Texas stadium and experienced moments in there sine I have been here that were as loud as anywhere else and that was a 63000 seat building.

Oh and I went to the old foxborough it was the worst crowd out of any stadium I went to, and been In Shea, yankee and Fenway where you would think 150 people were In there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom