Reaction score
Ware can only do so much when his DB's cant stick near their man. Or in Scandricks case refuse to turn around and play the ball.

sbk92

Reaction score
B.J. Raji too.

Real impact. Not some whogivesashat cornerback who does nothing to win you the battle at the line of scrimmage.

sbk92

Reaction score
I wouldn't even return Nnamdi's agent's phone call. That's how little I regard his impact on a defense. I wouldn't pay half as much as what he'll end up signing for.

sbk92

Reaction score
Cornerbacks can't blanket WRs for any length of time. You can't win out covering people. You can only win dominating at the line.

If Nnamdi played for this defense last year it would have been pitch and catch all day, every day against him.

I wish I could pretend you have a legitimate stance. But I feel like I'm talking to a 4 year old.

sbk92

Reaction score
I had no idea the Raiders had a great defense.

The Jets get by by Rex Ryan's blitz schemes. He blitzes more than any team in the league. He's creating pressure to win. Not relying on an impactless cornerback to win.

It's a ridiculous ignorance to the game of football.

sbk92

Reaction score
This is the same fag who whined about the length of the draft. So I expect this kind of thing from him.

The draft is too long and the Cowboys are a corner away from profit.

lol

C

Cr122

I agree, the game is won in the trenches so I don't care for the big corner contracts either.

Seeing Nnamdi is 30 years old he'll only have two or three good years left. Why waste a big contract on a veteran corner.

If we bring enough pressure with the front seven, which we will with Rob's defense, then the secondary will have enough time in coverage to make a play if we don't get to the QB.

Reaction score
Jets leave Revis all by himself and they have no pass rush. Yet he manages to cover 1 on 1 all day long.

Nnamdi has no elite pass rushers and has no problem shutting WR"s down at a record pace. Its one thing to be fat, wrong, and keeping away potential members. At least try to keep up.

Reaction score
If it's uncapped, it won't be for long. As in, maybe one year.

Listen, top flight corners get paid ridiculous amounts of money. Nate Freakin' Clements signed for 80 mil.

He's 30.

I just don't like it.

...and yet the owners want us to feel sorry for them and take their side. lol What a crock of shit.

C

Cr122

Who is the Raiders elite pass rusher?

Who is the Jets elite pass rusher?

*Insult at end of post b/c I got nothing*

Shaughnessy, Wimbley, Seymour, Kelly,they all had at least 5 sacks or more. They bring a lot of pressure up front, checkout the Raiders defensive stats from last year.

Pace, Thomas and Taylor had decent years for the jets. They also bring a lot of pressure up front. I'm not saying a team doesn't need a good corner, but they don't need shut down corners either to be an effective defense.

Reaction score
You can't dismiss the importance of quality cover guys in the NFL.

Pass rush and coverage go hand in hand.

It's like arguing whats more important: Food, or water. You need both.

If we were talking Revis, I'd be all for it. I'm just wary of Namdi because of his age.

I don't want to hand big money contracts to players on the wrong side of 30. How many times do we ahve to see this not work, to know not to do it?

sbk92

Reaction score
Jets leave Revis all by himself and they have no pass rush. Yet he manages to cover 1 on 1 all day long.

Nnamdi has no elite pass rushers and has no problem shutting WR"s down at a record pace. Its one thing to be fat, wrong, and keeping away potential members. At least try to keep up.

The Jets create plenty of pressure through the blitz.

Why would they blitz much more than any team in the league if all they have to do is out cover people?

They know they can't do that. They have to get the heat or they won't survive and right now they don't have the players to do it without sending extra defenders.

The Raiders' defense is far from dominant. Like the Packers' defense was with Woodson until real impact arrived in Dom Capers, Clay Matthews and B.J. Raji.

Anyone who wants to ink a free agent cornerback to a mega deal is an idiot who doesn't understand the game.

sbk92

Reaction score
I would rather have the best punter in the league than the best cornerback.

Unless we're talking about Deion Sanders here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A punter wins you the field position battle.

Much more valuable than a dime a dozen cover guy.

The best CB in the league isnt a dime a dozen guy though.

Now if the question is would you want the best punter in the league or Bryan McCann, I'd agree with you.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Fuc.king OWNED

Top Bottom