Reaction score
Well he got one OC job and then got a HC job, that'd be why he hasn't had a chance as OC anywhere else.

Look I don't think Garrett is a good offensive coach either, but Callahan is lousy

Personal goal for 2013: score in first quarter.

Check.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By the way the answer to my questions above after checking is 4 tds/28pts

Which means we are averaging about the same pts per game as we always have. We've also forced 15 turnovers in 7 games.

The one thing that does appear to be improved under Callahan would be the redzone TD production, but otherwise I don't see any other improvement. And unlike the previous few seasons where you could point to severely mediocre to poor OL play as a major culprit for offensive failure, our OL this year has been pretty damn good.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
But that said, the DL is a mess, and there is inexperience all over the D. i still have us as 8-8. again.

If you would have said Dallas was 4-3 and then said they lost to the better teams they played and beat the shittier ones I would have agreed with 8-8.

Only because I would have never been able to correctly identify (outside of Denver) which teams were good and which teams were shitty.

Having seen just how awful the NFCE is, I think 10 wins is very likely. I can honestly see a sweep of this shitty division and I usually just stand at 3-3 on division games. Division games are always tough.

Dallas sweeps the division, wins 4 games outside of the NFCE. STL is over with, need 3 more games.

They have the NFC North, Oakland and New Orleans left.

Minnesota is just fucking horrible. Oakland is bad and if you get beat by the Raiders on Thanksgiving just fucking give up. The Raiders would be a 1-win team without Jacksonville on their schedule.

Basically Dallas just needs to steal a game from either Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans or Green Bay.

If they get a win this week, I think 10 wins is easy. Not because Dallas is really all that good but because they have 5 teams on their schedule with a combined 9-23 record still left to play and 3 of those wins belong to the Eagles.

Shit they only need to show up once against the remaining 4 good teams that are left.

If they can't pull 6 wins out of the last 9 games when 4 teams are sitting at 2-4 or worse while having beaten one of the teams with a better record than that on the road, they might not get 10 wins for a long ass time.

If Dallas doesn't win the NFCE with what amounts to a 2 game lead and while having the ability to take the crown at the end of the season in back to back division games then this is likely a weaker team than we've seen for the past 2 seasons and it's time to start firing people, starting with the HC.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Which means we are averaging about the same pts per game as we always have. We've also forced 15 turnovers in 7 games.

The one thing that does appear to be improved under Callahan would be the redzone TD production, but otherwise I don't see any other improvement. And unlike the previous few seasons where you could point to severely mediocre to poor OL play as a major culprit for offensive failure, our OL this year has been pretty damn good.

That still puts them ahead of the first 7 games last year when they had 14 TDs. This year they're at 20 offensive TDs scored.

Also have 8 fewer turnovers, none of which have been scores for the defense. They had 3 of those last year.

Redzone production also up?

More points, fewer turnovers, no freebies for the opposition and better redzone efficiency?

God damn. You that big of a fan of the kicking game that a few less FGs is pissing you off? No wonder you and Hos don't see cock-to-mouth anymore.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That still puts them ahead of the first 7 games last year when they had 14 TDs. This year they're at 20 offensive TDs scored.

Also have 8 fewer turnovers, none of which have been scores for the defense. They had 3 of those last year.

Redzone production also up?

More points, fewer turnovers, no freebies for the opposition and better redzone efficiency?

God damn. You that big of a fan of the kicking game that a few less FGs is pissing you off? No wonder you and Hos don't see cock-to-mouth anymore.

Like I said, the only thing that seems to be improved so far is the redzone TD production. That's definitely a positive.

But Romo's yds per attempt is down (the number itself looks ok right now, but is skewed badly by the Denver game). He's averaged less than 7.0 yds per attempt in 4 of 7 games this year. The running game is only marginally better than last years franchise lows. Romo's still on pace to be sacked 30-something times despite an obviously upgraded OL.

Another note-5 of our 7 games have been against the worst defenses in football (24, 26, 27, 30 and 31 in scoring defense) and 6 of the 7 have been against teams ranked near the bottom in yds allowed.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score

Well, you aren't comparing apples to apples (if you were, you'd also have to deduct Garrett's defensive/ST points)

Doesn't matter though. Take away those points this year and the average PPG is higher than last year and higher than Garrett's career average

I don't like Callahan either but he appears better than Garrett at least so far

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't care enough to break down film or anything, but I do remember the commentators mentioning that we have been playing more press coverage and more man lately.

Dood...please change your avatar.

At first it is like why does he have an avatar of Ozzy Osb...ohmigod

Reaction score
Like I said, the only thing that seems to be improved so far is the redzone TD production. That's definitely a positive.

But Romo's yds per attempt is down (the number itself looks ok right now, but is skewed badly by the Denver game). He's averaged less than 7.0 yds per attempt in 4 of 7 games this year. The running game is only marginally better than last years franchise lows. Romo's still on pace to be sacked 30-something times despite an obviously upgraded OL.

Another note-5 of our 7 games have been against the worst defenses in football (24, 26, 27, 30 and 31 in scoring defense) and 6 of the 7 have been against teams ranked near the bottom in yds allowed.
Now you're just being silly. You said it was obvious the playcalling was worse under Callahan than under Garrett. I don't see it.

Having to parse the PPG with and without the defensive/special teams scores and claiming we're playing BETTER on offense because we're playing shitty defenses doesn't help your argument.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Having to parse the PPG with and without the defensive/special teams scores and claiming we're playing BETTER on offense because we're playing shitty defenses doesn't help your argument.

I dont believe we are playing better on offense. I've said that numerous times. There's only one area of improvement thats an upgrade red zone TD %. Most of the other numbers are the same or worse.

You cant ignore the facts about the opposing defenses though, counselor.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But that's been the biggest problem with the offense for years now. We know it was fine at getting yards.

Reaction score
I dont believe we are playing better on offense. I've said that numerous times. There's only one area of improvement thats an upgrade red zone TD %. Most of the other numbers are the same or worse.

You cant ignore the facts about the opposing defenses though, counselor.
No, there's not just one area of improvement. You've tried to discount the other areas of improvement, but there are other areas of improvement.

PPG is better.

YPP is slightly better, basically the same, but it's not "obviously" worse.

Exact same numbers in 1st downs per game and time of possession per game (within 3 seconds).

Fewer turnovers.

And Callahan's been doing it with this personnel for 7 games. Garrett had been doing it for 6 years.

You're sitting here saying it's obvious the play calling is worse? GTFO.

Top Bottom