yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I am pretty happy that Jerry already admitted he was like their fourth choice at QB. So no revisionist history that they knew it all along.

you and me both, I love it when he fucks himself in the ass with his own dipshit words.

I didn't think it could get anymore delicious than 2014 when jeri had his comments about drafting a guard and passing Manziel being a sure path to mediocrity rammed up his ass

and then he did it again with Dak

He's nothing but an albatross to success on the field

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It wasn't chemistry that made us great in the 90s. It was one of the best roster builds in the history of football, courtesy of one Jimmy Johnson, that made us great.
Clearly you need to read Jimmy's book, where he explains how you can build the best possible roster and have the best talent, but if the chemistry isn't there, you will fail.

The player personnel talent level is much more in parity today then it was in the 80s-90s. It ain't JUST the talent that gets the job done. Hell, Carolina is most recent proof of that.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
never noticed, I looked at a recent article the first paragraph I guess is about him but I kind of skim shit until I find something interesting anyway, so its never bothered me.

I like the way he breaks things down

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
never noticed, I looked at a recent article the first paragraph I guess is about him but I kind of skim shit until I find something interesting anyway, so its never bothered me.

I like the way he breaks things down
Right, my whole gripe is you have to skim past three or four paragraphs of self-aggrandizement, to get to the frikkin point of the article. He writes for his own gratification and self importance primarily, not for the reader. The reader doesn't give two shits about him.

Ironically, he laments about never making it to print - that's why! Nobody wants to read 3-4 paragraphs about YOU before getting to the topic!

Reaction score
Impressive article. We got ourselves a franchise QB. Romo can go away.... loser.

I just feel bad Dak is saddled with being drafted by this clown show franchise with its Ronald McDonald clapping head coach.

Thanks yimmy for taking the time to post that with pictures and all.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Is McClay due some credit or is the assertion the whole organization fell ass backward into a pile of luck?

I can accept that when it comes to Dak (considering they tried to grab Lynch & Cook) but perhaps someone over there is doing some good stuff with the other picks this and previous years?

There seems to be some people doing good work but its hard to assign credit the way jeri obfuscates everything

McClay definitely deserves some credit. Did they fall bass akward into a franchise QB, very likely. However he was still on their list so there was some interest to begin with. Some people considered Lynch potentially the best QB prospect in the draft so it's understandable why they would want Lynch first. And everybody saw Dak's college tape and there was a reason that every single team passed on Dak for 4 rounds. NO ONE saw him playing this well this early. The Cowboys did scout him though and were the team that did pick him so they do deserve some credit even if they did mostly back in to another franchise QB.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I imagine that there are a lot of teams that wish they can do the draft all over. Dak does not get out of the 1st. If you think abut it... the Cowboys basically got two op 5 picks.

I live up here in Minnesota --- Viking country. People have called up on the radio - KFAN, and asked why didn't they offer that 1st round draft pick to the Cowboys for Dak?

Some of them expressed concern about facing he Cowboys. I told them o relax... by that time, Romo will likely be starting, unfortunately.

Reaction score
Dak is just pretty special in his leadership qualities, work ethic, charisma, etc. I don't think that was really a deficiency in Tony, he just didn't have that as much as Dak.

But Dak's leadership was known from college. What nobody knew was that he could throw the ball this accurately or this well overall. Not sure I've seen anyone improve their accuracy and polish in that way in such a short period of time.

He showed accuracy in college, but he wasn't as consistently accurate as he is now. He threw some beautiful passes in college, but not at a high rate.

In retrospect, in college he didn't have a problem with accuracy, he could be accurate ... his issue was with consistency (being accurate more often). I assume it was a matter of him learning to be more disciplined with his mechanics.

The OL is a huge upgrade for Dak. He has time now to play within himself.

Linehan is doing a great job.

Reaction score
Impressive article. We got ourselves a franchise QB. Romo can go away.... loser.

I just feel bad Dak is saddled with being drafted by this clown show franchise with its Ronald McDonald clapping head coach.

Thanks yimmy for taking the time to post that with pictures and all.

I feel bad that Dak is getting screwed financially by the CBA. Makes me want to kick Drew Brees in the nuts.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wow can you please post those other two covers?

And, welcome to The U!

agR9HQs.jpg

Reaction score
how so?

He's worth much more than he's being paid ... and this will continue for the next few years. He'll lose millions of dollars, because as a rookie he was essentially forced to sign a multi-year slotted salary contract. Good for the Cowboys' salary cap, not good for the player.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Russell Wilson did the same thing and he is more than okay now.

It works both ways. Mo Claiborne basically stole money his first 4 years in the league.

Reaction score
Russell Wilson did the same thing and he is more than okay now.
Wilson was fortunate not to get hurt. If Dak gets seriously hurt in the next couple of years, he's screwed.

It works both ways. Mo Claiborne basically stole money his first 4 years in the league.
That's further evidence that the current system isn't really fair.

It will be interesting to see what kind of extra compensation will be awarded to Dak at the end of the year.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He's worth much more than he's being paid ... and this will continue for the next few years. He'll lose millions of dollars, because as a rookie he was essentially forced to sign a multi-year slotted salary contract. Good for the Cowboys' salary cap, not good for the player.

so true, Dak is going to make 2.9 million in total by the end of the 2019 season. By comparison, Romo, if he were to stay on the roster, would be paid approx 90 million and still have a dead money hit of 3.2 million at the end of 2019.

That is a huge reason why Dak needs to takeover sooner rather than later, there's going to be a 2 year window where they will be way underspending cap wise on the QB position (assuming Romo is gone or possibly reduced his contract in a major way). If all goes well with Dak, then we know he's going to get a HUGE contract in 2020 and the team will then be like many others with the QBs salary hampering the organizations ability to surround the QB with the players he needs to succeed.

fucking cap irritates me, its the one asset jeri could bring to the table (assuming he would spend all the money he's making if there were no cap)

I'm wondering the they need to carve out a one player exemption or reduction to the cap for positions like the QB that take up a disproportionate amount of cap space. Then again, if every team has that option, does it render the concept moot?

Top Bottom