yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No way I give up a 1st for a 30 year old RB with some fairly extensive injury history and baggage to boot. 4th would be about the highest I would go. Plus, a contract renegotiation, of course.

Agreed and he could be had for no picks if teams just wait it out. AP has to renegotiate a deal with any trade partner and can effectively kill the trade by not cooperating.

His market will be the greatest if teams don't have to give up picks in addition to whatever he agrees to be paid.

He has all the leverage because he can stay put and force Minny to pay him $15 million per his contract or they'll have to release him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What happened to Minnesota being on the record saying if AP got traded somewhere it would NOT be Dallas? I seem to remember they were adamant about that.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What happened to Minnesota being on the record saying if AP got traded somewhere it would NOT be Dallas? I seem to remember they were adamant about that.

They're full of shit when it comes to anything regarding AP

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They're full of shit when it comes to anything regarding AP
Can't imagine why they would even think "anybody but Dallas" unless somehow, they're still stinging from the Walker trade? LOL

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Can't imagine why they would even think "anybody but Dallas" unless somehow, they're still stinging from the Walker trade? LOL

more like not wanting to reward a turd who's trying to pout his way outta town. they're not in a rush to do him any favors.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My guess is that Dallas is where he wants to go, and they don't like the idea of giving in to his demands.

And really, I don't blame them.

(dammit, bb beat me to it)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Is his (assumed) desire to play in Dallas related to his probation (if any) or what?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I haven't heard any such thing. Maybe the fans might have said that, because they're still butt-hurt over the Herschel Walker trade.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
@BabeLaufenberg: Can we put this 2 rest? AP is not coming 2 Dallas. Vikings paid him $14M to play 1 game in '14. "Oh, sure Adrian, where would U like 2 go?"

His cap hit is $15 million for 2015. In 2016... the same number. So for the next two years including this year, he will count $30 milion against their cap. Do the Vikings really want to keep a guy around that doesn't want to be there? They have a young and decent QB, and with that money they would save by cutting Peterson... they can build around Bridgewater. This makes no sense for the Vikings.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'd think one of the best ways to build around a young QB might be to add one of the best RBs to ever play.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't heard any such thing. Maybe the fans might have said that, because they're still butt-hurt over the Herschel Walker trade.

they might make Dallas pay a premium compared to other teams

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
they might make Dallas pay a premium compared to other teams

They cannot make Dallas do anything. If the Vikings plan on getting anything, it's now. Peterson's value decreases at draft time and the Vikings lose leverage.

Reaction score
Minnesota just said they hoped AP wouldn't go to Dallas. They didn't say they think he won't go to Dallas.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Minnesota just said they hoped AP wouldn't go to Dallas. They didn't say they think he won't go to Dallas.

It wouldn't surprise me. Viking fans' HATE the Cowboys more than any other team, and that includes the Packers. From the push off by Drew Pearson in the NFC Championship, to the Herschel Walker trade.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
@EmmittSmith22 thinks @AdrianPeterson would mean a Cowboys Super Bowl next season.

Top Bottom