cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Standing still? Maybe, but you are replacing Murray with a much cheaper option. If you use the money saved to add defensive upgrades and don't lose a lot in talent, then I would consider that moving forward.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Standing still? Maybe, but you are replacing Murray with a much cheaper option. If you use the money saved to add defensive upgrades and don't lose a lot in talent, then I would consider that moving forward.
And besides the rookie you get might be the next "air of danger" kind of guy who can take it to the house on any given play. Never know.

Reaction score

The extra room under the salary cap is a major benefit, no doubt.

My concern about a rookie replacement - Can he be trusted in pass protection?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

that's an expensive way to do business. re-signing Murray to a sane deal and spending the first three picks on defense is the way to go.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep... if not taking a step back. Gordon or Gurley may end up being better than Murray, but I wouldn't want to have to depend on one of them when they're rookies.

I could see Gurley being better once he is healthy, but not sure about Gordon. I'm sure he is more explosive, but not sure if he has the power, receiving skills or blocking ability Murray already has.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Oooh. Just saw Reggie Bush is available, the Lions just cut him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
8 carries for 37 yards 1 TD, long of 18 yds. 3 receptions for 10 yards, long of 9 yds.

He sure showed us!
Yeah, a 4.6 YPC average. They should have fed him the ball about 15 more times. Not his fault they didn't.

I'm not a fan of his anyway.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
that's an expensive way to do business. re-signing Murray to a sane deal and spending the first three picks on defense is the way to go.

This.

We'd be taking a considerable step backwards on offense if we were relying on a rookie to fill Murray's shoes.

IMO the only argument against resigning Murray that makes sense is how his contract affects the future outcome of potential FAs like Crawford or Fredrick. But I really doubt we resign Murray to a deal that will fuck us up that bad. If that's the case just tag him.

Romo and Witten are retiring in 2-3 years, we just got 12 wins with a balanced and very affective offense, in a very weak NFC we have a legit shot... No need to get cute and think we can replace anyone because it worked with Ware and Hatcher. The offense is our strength let's keep it that way.

Reaction score
Adrian Peterson’s father stresses his son hasn’t asked for a trade. But it were to happen, he said Thursday he’s heard “rumors’’ of three possible landing spots, Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer-Press reports.

“I’ve heard rumors, Arizona,’’ Nelson said in a phone interview with the Pioneer Press. “I’ve also heard the rumors of Indianapolis and the Colts, going there with a quarterback the caliber of (Andrew) Luck. I’ve also heard the Cowboys, coming back home with the Cowboys, behind that offensive line that they have.’’

The Vikings at this point don’t seem inclined to trade Peterson, the running back whose NFL suspension for a child-abuse incident soon might soon be over after a federal judge ruled Thursday in his favor in a lawsuit filed on his behalf by the NFL Players Association. Minnesota executives Mark Wilf, Kevin Warren and Rick Spielman all have said they would welcome back Peterson.

On Thursday, the team released a statement that read in part, “Adrian Peterson is an important member of the Minnesota Vikings, and our focus remains on welcoming him back when he is able to rejoin our organization.”

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Let's all remember that early last summer, before the "switch beating" fiasco, Peterson called Jerruh and they talked about him coming to Dallas and Jerruh promised to make it happen. This all wound up in that big article about Jerruh, as I recall.

Reaction score
“Adrian Peterson is an important member of the Minnesota Vikings, and our focus remains on welcoming him back when he is able to rejoin our organization.”

I'm not buying. Eventually, Peterson is going to get shopped and news of it will leak.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
he's due a lot of money the next three years. he'll have to accept a pay-cut to get out of Minny.

Top Bottom