NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Not everyone. Just because Zimmer and the GM expressed wanting Peterson back, don't qualify that as everyone. Some of the players wanted nothing to do with Peterson, and awhile back even Wilf expressed turning the page on Peterson. The Minnesota media was pretty harsh on Petertson.

Zimmer the head coach, Speilman the GM, Warren the chief operating officer, and Mark Wilf the part owner and team president have all come out publicly and said they want Peterson back. Zygi being the only one yet to publicly comment.

Technically that's not everyone Laz but I'd say they're pretty important. Wouldn't you?

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
At 30, he sees this as an opportunity to join a better team (in his home state). Odd that he would make this request not knowing Murray's fate.

What did the Vikes mean by "especially not Dallas"? We're not rivals or anything. Maybe still pissed at the Walker trade.

I thought that too.. Wtf did we do to them? That Walker trade is so long ago now.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
His new agent is unfriendly, he represents a huge cap hit if they have to franchise him, there's something really bad on video lurking out there, he is immature - and there's ALOT of WR talent in this draft. Dump him now, while you can still get some value for him.

Jerruh should at the very least explore the trade market on him.

Nobody here would take let's say, two number ones for him?

Those two number ones would have to be almost guaranteed top 10 picks. Even then it would be difficult to pull the trigger. Dez is a very important piece of the puzzle. Getting rid of him only sets us back and despite what Jerry says we're losing time with Romo. The time to win is the next couple of seasons.

Reaction score
I'd rather have 2-3 good years of Peterson over whatever Murray decides to give us after getting paid. Murray just reeks of "contract year" to me.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'd rather have 2-3 good years of Peterson over whatever Murray decides to give us after getting paid. Murray just reeks of "contract year" to me.
^^^Agreed here.
Getting rid of him only sets us back and despite what Jerry says we're losing time with Romo. The time to win is the next couple of seasons.
I just smell big trouble on the horizon with Dez, and always have.

Reaction score
Sources told Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press that reports are inaccurate that running back and Texas native is seeking a trade to the Dallas Cowboys.

Sources also said Peterson hasn't asked for a trade. One source said he remains willing to return to Minnesota even though he was disappointed with some reaction within the Vikings and in the community after he was indicted last September on a child-abuse charge. That source said a comment then by Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton that Peterson is a "public embarrassment" really hurt the running back.

Sources close to Peterson said nobody on the Vikings has approached the suspended running back or any of his representatives about possibly having to take a pay cut next season from the $12.75 million he is due.

The Minnesota Vikings have let it be known that they want star running back Adrian Peterson back in purple and gold next season.

But is the feeling mutual?

In a report by ESPN's Ben Goessling, Peterson says he is "still uneasy" about returning to the Vikings in 2015. Peterson said he felt "ambushed" by the Vikings having worked with the NFL to put him on the commissioner's exempt list last September.

The NFL Players Association has sued the league on behalf of Peterson. But without a ruling in his favor, Peterson, 29, can't be reinstated from suspension until April 15.

He has been complying with the NFL's requirements for reinstatement and still has to meet the requirements of his probation in Texas, as well as a child protective services order in Minnesota, after pleading no contest to reckless injury to a child Nov. 4.

Peterson said he plans to play somewhere in 2015.

The Cowboys, who are hoping to re-sign star running back DeMarco Murray, were mentioned in August, 2014, in a report as a team that Peterson would like to play for. Peterson later reiterated his loyalty to the Vikings.

Here's more of what Peterson had to say to Goessling:

"It's hard to say (what my future will be)," Peterson said. "I love Minnesota. There are people that have had my back, and supported me. Last year, with the things that took place, had a lot of fans that supported me through everything. I'm still uneasy, to be honest with you. I'm still uneasy about a lot of things that took place within the organization. Of course those guys ultimately supported me, and I'm grateful for that. But ultimately, with me being able to be on the inside and see how cards were dealt, how things were worded, this, that and the other, it's about protecting your brand, your organization, what you have built. In the (grand) scheme of things, not one person counts over that. I get that."

Reaction score
Report: Adrian Peterson's agent, Vikings exec have heated argument at combine
Caitlyn Holroyd
2 hrs ago

Tensions are reportedly rising between running back Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings.

The two sides met at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, where a heated exchange took place between Peterson's agent, Ben Dogra, and Vikings vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski, according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports.

During the altercation, Dogra made it clear that Peterson would never play in Minnesota again, La Canfora reports. Sources told La Canfora that former Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Mark Dominik separated the two men and helped diffuse the situation.

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman and head coach Mike Zimmer have both said they want Peterson back next season, but La Canfora says Peterson has no intention of returning.

"He will never play another game for the Vikings," a source close to the player told La Canfora. "It's over."

Peterson was suspended for the 2014 season after being indicted for child abuse and won't be eligible for reinstatement until April 15. ESPN's Josina Anderson reported Sunday that Peterson has not requested a trade, but he did admit recently that he still feels uneasy about returning to the Vikings.

"It shows you can have all the loyalty toward someone and toward an organization, a fanbase, but when things really shift and it's you or the empire, they're gonna put you out on a leash," Peterson said.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Do we really want this turd on our team? if I'm the Vikings, I let him rot.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, no shit AP.

Nobody is risking the entire empire to save their best soldier, dumb ass. Have no idea why anyone would think otherwise. You're paid to be expendable. Deal with it.

Reaction score
He's angling for an escape from that shithole team and state. The guy has 2-3 productive years left and likely wants to spend them with a contender. I see players get fucked by franchises all the time. I like that he's fucking back now. That team is nothing without him.

Reaction score
Do we really want this turd on our team? if I'm the Vikings, I let him rot.

It is sort of dishonorable, I guess, but yes, I'd like to have AP on the team for 2 or 3 years. I think he'd give Romo and Co. a real shot at a championship as Romo finishes his career.

Not saying it is rational, but I disliked Deion Sanders (prior to him joining the Cowboys) and T.O. more.

I do understand why people would object to him, though.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I think he'd give Romo and Co. a real shot at a championship as Romo finishes his career.

improved defense will do that, not AP. if Murray's 1,800+ yards weren't enough, then why will AP push us over the top?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
improved defense will do that, not AP. if Murray's 1,800+ yards weren't enough, then why will AP push us over the top?
Might sound kind of silly but it's the name, the fear.... Murray never was the "air of danger" kind of guy AP is - that guy like Dorsett and Walker who every time he touches the ball could go to the house. With AP (especially a AP with a big chip on his shoulder) you probably get teams cheating a safety up earlier in the game, get those 1 on 1 matchups for passing, earlier in games.

But yeah, I would much rather have a actual, real improvement in the D.

Reaction score
I think A.P. is a better, more threatening back than Murray and that A.P. would make the Cowboys offense even more explosive.

Defense is important too, of course. If I had the choice between A.P. or several higher quality defensive players, I'd pick several higher quality defensive players. But on a one for one basis, for the most part I'd say that A.P. would have a greater impact on the overall Cowboys team than almost any other single player who might be added to the defense. I'd probably pick J.J. Watt over A.P., but there aren't many other players that I'd pick over Peterson.

Reaction score
I think AP is a washed up running back.

They have a short shelf life.

Draft another running back, franchise Murray for a season to give the kid time to get adjusted to the NFL.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
the worst thing we can do is let Murray go and then draft someone like Gordon at 27. we'd just be standing still.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Might sound kind of silly but it's the name, the fear.... Murray never was the "air of danger" kind of guy AP is - that guy like Dorsett and Walker who every time he touches the ball could go to the house. With AP (especially a AP with a big chip on his shoulder) you probably get teams cheating a safety up earlier in the game, get those 1 on 1 matchups for passing, earlier in games.

But on a one for one basis, for the most part I'd say that A.P. would have a greater impact on the overall Cowboys team than almost any other single player who might be added to the defense. I'd probably pick J.J. Watt over A.P., but there aren't many other players that I'd pick over Peterson.
Yep. Murray is a good back and a great locker room type, but that's all he is. Peterson is a wrecking ball.

Reaction score
the worst thing we can do is let Murray go and then draft someone like Gordon at 27. we'd just be standing still.
Yep... if not taking a step back. Gordon or Gurley may end up being better than Murray, but I wouldn't want to have to depend on one of them when they're rookies.

Top Bottom