Cythim

Reaction score
You also have to consider who can and cannot be restructured. If we mess with Romo and Ware we will only be creating huge cap issues in 2012 and 2013.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You also have to consider who can and cannot be restructured. If we mess with Romo and Ware we will only be creating huge cap issues in 2012 and 2013.

That's common sense talking. However, common sense does not apply much when it comes to NFL accounting. In the NFL, it seems you can always push the debt forward, and you come out ahead. The cap itself increases, so 2 mil to a player this year is actually 1.8 the next, etc....so you always want to keep pushing the money forward if you can. This is particularly true with players like Romo and Ware and Witten, who are worth paying. You only stop this practice as the players near the end of their careers.

When it comes to NFL money managing, tomorrow really never comes. There's never a time when a team has to "pay the piper". They just transfer yearly salary into bonus money, spread it out some more and give the players more up front. The players like getting it, it fixes any "cap problems", everyone wins.

Reaction score
Adam is my alt, ever since I was banned. I can't believe how many people I've fooled. I can barely balance my checkbook.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Cythim seems to know some about football, too. Something Adam doesn't know shit about.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Found this on Wikipedia:

Since 1987, three of Elam's siblings have been shot to death. His older brother, Donald Runner, was fatally shot in 1987. His sister, Christina Elam, was killed in 1999. On May 9, 2008, his older brother Donald Elam was fatally shot; at age 14, Donald Elam was once the youngest person ever indicted for murder in Palm Beach County, though he was later acquitted.[3]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Maybe. maybe not. Depends on how a potential new deal is structured.

Top Bottom