Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think Garrett will be on as tight a leash as Wade Phillips was in 2010.

Unfortunately for us, we won't be that bad and Jason probably survives.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
we won't be that bad
I have seen zero to indicate this. This defense sucks, this offense even with a healthy Romo and Dez is plodding and predictable, and last year was a total fluke and aberration.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Is there any chance here that Jerry is worried, as he has said before, that if they let Jason go, he will go to a different team and succeed "and the other team will get all the benefit of all the training that they have given to Jason"? Is there a chance that with so many teams firing coaches like the Giants and Eagles etc that Jerry will wait for the smoke of all the hi rings and firings to clear before letting him go? I know it's extremely wishful and on top of that a little distorted to think that some other team would see any use for a "coach" who has harmed his own team at the most pivotal moments of games and seasons, but I could see Jerry believing his own delusion. It would make sense to keep tightly sealed the decision to move on and for Stephen and Jerry to stay in character to the media and fans until after majority of the teams have their coaches in place.

Just a thought.

Jerry is just a clueless fuck. No one's going to hire Jason. Teams would be like: "If he cannot win with Romo, Witten, and Dez, and that OL... what good is he?"

You yourself, and now Sturm --- the first in the media has point out how his scheme is tired. Before that, many opposing players and coaches/DCs have pointed out the same thing.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I have seen zero to indicate this. This defense sucks, this offense even with a healthy Romo and Dez is plodding and predictable, and last year was a total fluke and aberration.

Yeah, but I think we'll be middle of the road. I don't see us starting 1-7.

And unlike this year; McFadden will be seeing much more action at the beginning of the year. Hopefully with a quality runner to spell him.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
this offense even with a healthy Romo and Dez is plodding and predictable

remember that "rub" play the Skins ran in the end zone to go up 21-0? you never see us do that shit.

Reaction score
I saw we're 7-9 to 9-7 next year.

Eagles and Giants being in major transition help our cause quite a bit. Not only will Philly have a new coach, but most likely a new QB as well.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think losing Dunbar killed us this year.

He was the guy who was going to open up things for the outside receivers.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah, but I think we'll be middle of the road. I don't see us starting 1-7.

And unlike this year; McFadden will be seeing much more action at the beginning of the year. Hopefully with a quality runner to spell him.
We're a mediocre 8-8 club. Probably in the top 5 of the 20 or so mediocre NFL clubs. We can go 8-8, 9-7 or with a fluke year, pop out a 12-4. AND we can go 4-12 without too much happening.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
We're a mediocre 8-8 club. Probably in the top 5 of the 20 or so mediocre NFL clubs. We can go 8-8, 9-7 or with a fluke year, pop out a 12-4. AND we can go 4-12 without too much happening.

Which is why I think it's a good possibility that Garrett survives another year.

Reaction score
Jerry is just a clueless fuck. No one's going to hire Jason. Teams would be like: "If he cannot win with Romo, Witten, and Dez, and that OL... what good is he?"

You yourself, and now Sturm --- the first in the media has point out how his scheme is tired. Before that, many opposing players and coaches/DCs have pointed out the same thing.

Would someone hire him as a gum chewing Pete Carroll or statue-esque Todd Bowles coach who both leave the offense and the defense completely in the hands of the coordinators? Right now the Garrett playbook (his "system") is still the most blatant Achilles heel of Garrett's reign (with a close runner up Achilles heel being the very poor talent assessment and management), but take both of those away from Jason and his family's influence and someone may want the red dolt running their weekly team press conferences. Jerry might not want Jason being something as minor as Norv Turners QB coach or the Assistant HC in charge of game film and team enthusiasm for Hue Jackson.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Would someone hire him as a gum chewing Pete Carroll or statue-esque Todd Bowles coach who both leave the offense and the defense completely in the hands of the coordinators? Right now the Garrett playbook (his "system") is still the most blatant Achilles heel of Garrett's reign (with a close runner up Achilles heel being the very poor talent assessment and management), but take both of those away from Jason and his family's influence and someone may want the red dolt running their weekly team press conferences. Jerry might not want Jason being something as minor as Norv Turners QB coach or the Assistant HC in charge of game film and team enthusiasm for Hue Jackson.

Carroll and Bowles are leaders of men. Can't say that for Garrett. What does he do well aside from clapping?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I saw we're 7-9 to 9-7 next year.

Which probably ensures Garrett makes it to 2017 then. We can all hear Jerry now

"Well we improved by 5 wins, that was a helluva season compared to 2015. You can see we are on the right track here"

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Which probably ensures Garrett makes it to 2017 then. We can all hear Jerry now

"Well we improved by 5 wins, that was a helluva season compared to 2015. You can see we are on the right track here"

Exactly. Watch, the Garrett-philes will even be claiming COY type things because he turned a 4-12 team into a 9-7 team.

I need an intervention on following this team.

Reaction score
LOL

This is me. My brain wants so badly to just say fuck it, I'm a Seahawks fan now. But I can't guarantee my heart won't root for the Silver and Blue if they did put it all together, or after Jerry dies.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Red Ball is the perfect example of todays society. Has all the surface credentials (Ivy League ed, connections, etc)
Knows how to look correct in Public and be Politically Correct.

but when you open his front door you are already in his backyard.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Exactly. Watch, the Garrett-philes will even be claiming COY type things because he turned a 4-12 team into a 9-7 team.

My son and a friend of mine (a Cowboy fan) were talking about what would it take to stop being a Cowboy fan.

Although this will NEVER happen, my son suggested Jerry trading the 4th pick to Cleveland for Manziel. Yep, that would pretty much do it.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm pretty much what Mid has in his sig -- temporarily rooting for failure, because that's the only way changes will be made. I don't want to dislike the team the way I do. Not at all. But that's what Jerry and the orange clapping seal have done.

I can sort of halfway follow other teams but I just can't get totally into them. I don't know why that is.

Top Bottom