bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
1482122001-COWBOYSBUCCANEERS_AL028_54545119.JPG

ARLINGTON -- You can relax a little bit this week. Everything isn't falling apart at AT&T Stadium. The Cowboys are now 12-2.

Here are my thoughts on Dallas' 26-20 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Sunday night.

1. Dak is back

Dak Prescott looked much more like the quarterback who led the Cowboys on an 11-game winning streak. He was particularly better on third down, an area he has struggled the last couple of weeks. Prescott also looked more comfortable moving around, running three times for 22 yards and touchdown. He only rushed once against the Giants after running 14 times the previous two games. If you want to see Tony Romo back under center, you just have to face it, an injury to Prescott is the only way it's happening.

2. Nice job spreading the ball around.

Prescott seemed to get everyone involved. Eight receivers each caught at least one pass from the rookie QB. As he should, Dez Bryant led the group with 10 targets and eight catches for 63 yards. A lot of credit should also go to offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, who did a good job mixing things up as well. Prescott was an outstanding 32 of 36 for 279 yards and a 99.0 passer rating.

3. Another game, another Zeke hurdle

Ezekiel Elliott leaped over another defender and scored a two-yard touchdown in the first half Sunday night. But the highlight that will be remembered most came after the score.

The Cowboys' rookie running back immediately headed through the back of the endzone and straight to the Salvation Army red kettle. Elliott jumped in, ducked down, peeked out and looked around for a few seconds. Elliott was flagged for a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, but it might have been worth it considering the exposure it generated for the Salvation Army.

Elliott's score was his 13th rushing touchdown of the season, breaking the rookie record of 12 held by Herschel Walker and Tony Dorsett. Elliott finished with 159 yards on 23 carries.

4. It's officially time to believe in the Cowboys defense.

I was late to the party, but this group continues to come up with key plays when needed. Jeff Heath's fourth-quarter interception and Terrell McClain's forced fumble were two of the bigger plays, but the entire defensive line got consistent pressure and Sean Lee continued to play at an elite level. David Irving was very good, especially in the fourth quarter, getting two sacks and knocking a pass down. And this was without DeMarcus Lawrence and Cedric Thornton in the lineup. Orlando Scandrick also had a nice interception to seal the victory.

5. Dan Bailey is somewhat human.

He actually missed two field goal attempts! Now, one was from 56 yards, the other was from 52. Bailey, however, did hit from 27 in the second quarter and he made all three of his field goals in the fourth (40, 38, 33). Obviously, the Cowboys wouldn't have won without him. He's basically automatic inside 50. Great weapon to have in the postseason.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
QB controversy? What controversy?

We are one single win away from matching our best regular season record of 13-3 in 1992

So for all you that still think Romo deserves another shot at QB.....

Fuuuu uuuu uuuuucccckkkk you!

Dak has already tied Romo's best season record of 12 wins with 2 games left to play and he did it in his rookie season.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
btw, that was a 'nice' interception by Scandrick? Took him nearly a minute to corral that ball lol

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
QB controversy? What controversy?

We are one single win away from matching our best regular season record of 13-3 in 1992

So for all you that still think Romo deserves another shot at QB.....

Fuuuu uuuu uuuuucccckkkk you!

Dak has already tied Romo's best season record of 12 wins with 2 games left to play and he did it in his rookie season.

Hahaha! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Romo could hand Jerry baby Jesus as a Christmas present and he still ain't gettin his job back!

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Shit
Forgot about that one

Doesn't matter
Dak will tie that next week and surpass it the next

my point remains the same lol

I'd really want him to go 14-2. And end Romo era for good. We can. Eagles are in disarray. Lions will play hard but we can beat them.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Only way Romo ever plays again for us is if Dak gets injured this season

Even if he falters in the post season you gotta stick with him

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Only way Romo ever plays again for us is if Dak gets injured this season

Even if he falters in the post season you gotta stick with him

I noticed Dak was chatting with Kellen and Mark on the sideline tonight. Tony makes sure he distances himself.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I noticed Dak was chatting with Kellen and Mark on the sideline tonight. Tony makes sure he distances himself.

I've noticed that too. Romo would do himself a lot of good if he were in there helping Dak too.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I noticed that too. He did seem to keep his distance more than any other game

I think Romo's dream of "getting back in there" was shattered tonight and he realized he will never take another snap for the DALLAS Cowboys

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'd really want him to go 14-2. And end Romo era for good. We can. Eagles are in disarray. Lions will play hard but we can beat them.

You think Dak beating his best record is a necessary requirement for Tony to be done here?

Nah. One game vs the Lions won't be the difference. He's already done here.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You think Dak beating his best record is a necessary requirement for Tony to be done here?

Nah. One game vs the Lions won't be the difference. He's already done here.

It's not that we think that he's not done here. The problem is all the Romo lovers still think he should still play. Having Dak beat Romo's best season record in his rookie season should help to squash the "put Romo back in" bullshit

Having Dak win more games in a single season than Romo should slam the door shut for even the most ardent Romo fan

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Some talking head this AM said the Romo talk last week was just Jerry trying to keep Romo in public eye to raise trade value. I am in the camp that says it was just more verbal diarrhea from a lime light loving egomaniac, who just cant control himself when any media member shoves a mic in front of that wrinkled pie hole.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think David Moore got it right. He said this was just Jerry trying to make Romo feel included, make him feel good about his spot on the team. It wasn't to put down Dak at all.

And again, how can you really blame Jerry. Romo singlehandedly kept his franchise afloat for almost a decade and made Jerry many millions of dollars.

And then of course we know Jerry's mantra is there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It's not that we think that he's not done here. The problem is all the Romo lovers still think he should still play. Having Dak beat Romo's best season record in his rookie season should help to squash the "put Romo back in" bullshit

Having Dak win more games in a single season than Romo should slam the door shut for even the most ardent Romo fan

I'd dare say Mark helped Dak more than Tony did in his development. Trade Tony and keep Mark.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Tony has trade value
Sanchez does not

Plus we have tard boy Moore as well. There is just something wrong with the way that boy looks.

But I would sadly trust Moore more than I trust Sanchez

Top Bottom