sbk92

Reaction score
Sooner Than Later

Cowboys Take OU Runner Murray Third

Josh Ellis
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas - Keeping with their pattern of staying put and drafting players near the top of their board, the Cowboys used their third-round pick, No. 71 overall, on Oklahoma running back DeMarco Murray.

The 5-11, 213-pounder ran for 1,214 yards and 15 touchdowns in his senior campaign with the Sooners in 2010. He also caught 71 passes and has experience as a pass blocker. The 23-year old from Las Vegas scored 63 touchdowns in four years in Norman.

On Thursday night, Jerry Jones hinted that running back could be a potential draft target, hinting that the Cowboys wanted to add special teams value to the position.

Each of the Cowboys' top two picks were used to infuse youth to some of the oldest position groups on the roster. The Cowboys used their second-rounder on linebacker Bruce Carter of North Carolina, and their top pick, No. 9 overall on Thursday, was used on USC tackle Tyron Smith.

Reaction score
Nothing i can find to be happy about with this pick. We already have a very talented RB in Felix who is in his mid twenties and DB/DL/interior OL are positions where we need FAR more depth.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Holeee Fuck. In the press conference, Jerry said he consulted with Barry Switzer on evaluating DeMarco Murray.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
This pick has kept me up all night.

Tyron Smith? Flat out greatness.

Bruce Carter? Gave me chills.

Top Bottom