sbk92

Reaction score
[video=youtube;pBFs5HZwyng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBFs5HZwyng[/video]

Talk to me.

C

Cr122

I love it, but like I said in the other thread not with our third pick.

We could of gotten him in the 5th or 6th.

Reaction score
This pick alone makes me drop our draft grade from an A-, to a B-.

We have far more pressing needs. And talented players on the board who would help fix those needs.

I'm not impressed with Murray's highlights.

Reaction score
To me, he's a less talented, less quick Felix Jones. Oh, and he fumbles.

I dont' get the pick.

C

Cr122

[video=youtube;pBFs5HZwyng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBFs5HZwyng[/video]

Talk to me.

He has the potential to be our starter. I know JG said FJ is the starter, but hey.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
BTW why are some of you surprised? We tried to trade up for that Alabama RB. It should have been obvious to anyone that we were looking to get a RB sometime in either the 2nd or 3rd round. I would have preferred Mikel, but hey.

Reaction score
CBS DeMarco Murray....rated 64th overall.

Inside: North-south runner who runs tough between the tackles despite his reputation as a speed back. One-cut back who can plant and drive, get to top speed quickly in the open field. Shows some patience to find holes inside but also presses the line to prevent getting caught up in the backfield. Runs a bit upright because of his height, but will fall forward for extra yardage. Agile enough to jump over defenders on the ground after busting through a hole. Excellent vertical on goal line leaps. Improved his handle in 2010(one fumbles, none lost; 9-3 from 2007-2009). His vision is questionable, though, seemed to run with his head down too often as a senior.

Outside: If allowed to get outside, Murray makes defenses pay with hard-nosed running and a breakaway gear. Waves through defenders in space with strong cuts. Maintains his lean and keeps his legs churning when breaking outside, allowing him to run over smaller linebackers and defensive backs. Effective stiff arm against chasing safeties. Gets loose with the ball in the open, carries it low instead of high and tight. Inconsistent changing to the outside hand. Best as a slasher, finds it difficult to get the corner against better defenses.

Breaking tackles: Does not have elite elusiveness as a runner and gives defenders a big strike zone due to his height, but can make a quick cut or a shake move in space to freeze would-be tacklers. Also sets up tacklers with a step or two in one direction then a hard move the other way. Can jump cut to go against the grain. Quickness to the hole, good vision, ability to break through arm tackles, and straight-line speed make him a strong candidate to return kicks at the next level. Looked a bit tentative running in traffic in 2010, needs to return to former form.

Blocking: A potential three-down back because he does not shy away from contact in pass protection. Stands up to much bigger linemen inside to keep his quarterback clean. Aggressive cut blocker who will stop linebackers off the edge but also whiff when dropping his head and leaving his feet. Also doubles defensive ends off the edge effectively, extending his arms and moving his feet to mirror. Must be more aware of blitzing linebackers and not get stuck looking at one side of the line, however, as he leaves his quarterback vulnerable to secondary rushes.

Receiving: Dangerous receiver in the flat and over the middle with his combination of strong running and speed. Good cuts on short out routes and gives his quarterback a target on middle screens. Lines up in the slot at times to take advantage of linebacker match-ups. Uses a stiff arms or lowers his shoulder to get extra yardage after the catch instead of going out of bounds. Maintains his balance and keeps his legs moving through arm tackles in space. Good vision after the catch, follows blocks downfield and makes cuts to freeze and run by defenders. Inconsistent hands; typically brings in accurate throws in the flat with his hands, but occasionally traps the ball against his body over the middle or misses the easy catch hearing footsteps or trying to make a move before securing the ball.

Intangibles: Vocal, respected player in the locker room; no major issues with his character. Durability is a major concern, however. Worked through a turf toe injury in his redshirt season, lost the final three games if 2007 after dislocating his right kneecap the end of his freshman campaign while recovering an onside kick, missed the second half of the 2008 Big 12 Championship Game and the BCS title contest after partially rupturing his left hamstring, sat two games and was limited in others with a sprained left ankle in 2009. Had bruised ribs in 2010, but did not miss a game

sbk92

Reaction score
I love it, but like I said in the other thread not with our third pick.

We could of gotten him in the 5th or 6th.

You're smoking crack if you think Murray was a 5th or 6th rounder.

Reaction score
Durability is a major concern, however. Worked through a turf toe injury in his redshirt season, lost the final three games if 2007 after dislocating his right kneecap the end of his freshman campaign while recovering an onside kick, missed the second half of the 2008 Big 12 Championship Game and the BCS title contest after partially rupturing his left hamstring, sat two games and was limited in others with a sprained left ankle in 2009. Had bruised ribs in 2010, but did not miss a game

Holy shit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's a good player I think, but I would have preferred to see us take an OL or DL. Saw Moffitt and Rackley both get picked and I think either of them would have been nice additions.

I thought we'd take a RB but not till tomorrow, unless somehow we had lucked into Ingram.

I think its obvious that not only is Barber gone, Choice is gone too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom