icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We officially have a mental and confidence problem. And it starts with the QB who, in any normal scenario, would rally the troops and carry the team. This is what I've been saying for years. This team carries Dak, not the other way around. Don't get me wrong, he's had GREAT games and I've been to 2 of them (NYG Cole Beasley miracle catch to end the game and Patriots OT win 2 years ago). But he's just not consisent enough.

You can't change what the guy is. He can't read a D and go through his progressions. You rarely see him look off a safety....he's usually a one read QB then check it down. As you said, the kid has been outstanding value for a 4th round pick but he's not a franchise QB.

This team now has a psyche problem and it'll be up to MM and Dan Quinn to change that, even if it means keeping Dak on a short leash and making a change at QB.

Speaking of MM.......he's on his way to being a casualty of Dak's shortcomings......
i'm ready for DAL to recruit the next disciple of the shannahan coaching tree, or bring in a guy like ben johnson from DET. its a pipe dream because you'd have to make him the HC and jerry isnt getting rid of mccarthy.

of course mccarthy is not garrett, but jerry is patient to a fault. i believe MM is under contract for 2 more yrs. and jerry can drown out noise and bad press

i believe jerry is even more committed to dak than he is to mccarthy. its going to be tough to bench dak. short of a wally pip situation, i dont know if dak can play bad enough for daddy jerry to allow MM to sit him.

i am preparing myself for DAL to draft an OL in like the 1st and 3rd round... early and often. they'll try to fix the hull of the boat... meanwhile the captain will continue to plow into ice bergs and sink the ship

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like that will help. Sounds like a man fearing for his job!
since you asked i will give you my best guess as to what happened .... big mike threw a pizza party for all the coordinators. they all got in their pajamas, snuggled together and watched the all 22 of their 42-10 ass whooping. they looked at the film and scratched their heads. like monkeys trying to understand calculus

DAL coaching will send the players back to the same drills, slants, and outside runs... a weak defense up the middle and a lack of confidence after getting their balls stepped on. ultimately, they would be walking into another shit stomping if they meet SF again

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
^^^

Not sure why he is unemployed unless maybe he was injured or something, last yr for Atlanta he had statistically one of his best seasons of his career. 159 combined tackles, 6 TFL's and 4 PD's.

Thought I read he was going to sign with the Bills this week because they lost one of their starting LB's as well.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

More-you-know GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Thats great and all, but they still gave up 170 yds rushing and the "other RB" ran for 18 more yds than McCaffrey did.

As bad as the run defense was, the pass defense was beyond atrocious. Guys were wide fucking open all over the place and Kittle scored probably the 3 easiest TD's of his career.

We have the worst coverage safeties in the league and it showed.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i'm ready for DAL to recruit the next disciple of the shannahan coaching tree, or bring in a guy like ben johnson from DET. its a pipe dream because you'd have to make him the HC and jerry isnt getting rid of mccarthy.

of course mccarthy is not garrett, but jerry is patient to a fault. i believe MM is under contract for 2 more yrs. and jerry can drown out noise and bad press

i believe jerry is even more committed to dak than he is to mccarthy. its going to be tough to bench dak. short of a wally pip situation, i dont know if dak can play bad enough for daddy jerry to allow MM to sit him.

i am preparing myself for DAL to draft an OL in like the 1st and 3rd round... early and often. they'll try to fix the hull of the boat... meanwhile the captain will continue to plow into ice bergs and sink the ship

Good post Cup. I'm wondering about Jerry and MM. You're probably right in that Jerry won't fire him with 2 years left on his contract but I'm not so sure Jerry will continue to allow Dak to stink the place up. The fans have a short leash for the QB and what few supporters Dak had are starting to dwindle. And, quite honestly, shame on those fans for not seeing the obvious after 7 plus years.

Dak is starting to lose this team. You can sense it. He lost Dez....he lost Coop.....and now he'll lose Lamb. And the D will follow. This team is in a bad place, mentally........

Top Bottom