dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rams actively trying to trade Akers per Jay Glazer.

Obviously this was written before Nick Chubb's knee injury, so you could probably add the Browns to the list.

Ravens

Baltimore immediately comes to mind after the Ravens recently lost starting running back J.K. Dobbins for the year with a knee injury. The Ravens do have good backups in Gus Edwards and Justice Hill, but both players have their own injury history, so Akers could be added insurance if either player goes down.

Dolphins

While explosive, Miami's offense could use some reinforcements at running back. Raheem Mostert, the Dolphins' starting running back, had 37 yards and a score on 10 carries in Miami's season-opening win over the Chargers. No other Miami back had more than 11 yards, however, as the Dolphins finished the game with 70 yards on 20 carries.

Buccaneers

Like Miami, Tampa doesn't have much depth behind its starting running back, Rachaad White. White ran for 39 yards on 17 carries in Week 1, but no other Buccaneers back had more than 15 yards in Tampa's season-opening win over Minnesota. Baker Mayfield actually had the second-most carries in last week's win, which doesn't bode well in the long run.

Chargers​

On paper, the Chargers are OK at running back with Austin Ekeler and backup Joshua Kelley, who had 91 yards on 16 carries in the team's Week 1 loss to Miami. But with Ekeler dealing with an injury, adding a back of Akers' caliber to the backfield wouldn't be a bad ideal for the Chargers.

Cowboys

Tony Pollard is a Pro Bowl caliber back, but the Cowboys don't have a proven back behind him. Rico Dowdle, a four-year veteran who had seven career carriers prior this season, had six carries for 24 yards in mop up duty during last Sunday night's blowout win over the Giants.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Deshaun Watson's best play of the night.

Didn't draw a penalty or even a comment from woke ESPN.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Was flipping back and forth between that awful game and the other one.
pretty much feel this way about most games these days, there's nothing exciting or compelling and the NFL is woefully lacking in big rivalry games

I miss games like the Ravens vs Steelers when both defenses were stellar in spite of the fact I completely despise the Steelers

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm going to go on a limb here and say if they end up with these stats at the end of the season, then they will have picked up #6
We gon winda soup bow I ben sayin it I'm speakin it into existence.

My 20 year old daughter bless her heart, told me the other day she hopes Dallas wins one before I die. And I thought of all my friends who have passed without seeing it, dudes who posted here who passed without seeing it, it's been nearly 30 damn years it's almost like Jimmy had one of his Cajun lady friends put a hex on Jerry.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
year of the bus driver
We are gonna win the god damned super bowl and that bus driver is gonna be hoisting the fuckin Lombardi Trophy. To the disgust of many tick turds.
year of the bus driver
By the way it's the year of A-gap pressure schemes and three-deep safeties as a response to the rule changes to help the offense. The defense in the NFL fucking adjusts to the new rules every time. Might take a year or two each time. This is why you're seeing lesser quality QB play this year. Backlash of the Hunter. The fuckin video game party is over and real football is reasserting itself.

Top Bottom