dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not feeling particularly good about this game either.

The only way we can win I think is to be within one score at end of game and score a TD or FG with almost no time left. If we win I suspect it will be very similar to the Seattle game score-wise. Both teams well into the 30's.

I won't be surprised if we get run out of the stadium and ruin Jimmy RoH night though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like he got an epidural injection or epidural type procedure, which would explain why they held him out last week.

I've had a number of these and they work well (for me), normally takes 5-7 days or so to really kick in. Hopefully he is good for Saturday.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Impossible to believe, but true.

To date, there have been 517 accepted holding calls, plus another 132 that were either offsetting or declined. A total of 649 holding calls for the season. That's an average of just under 3 holding calls per game.

Michal Parsons has generated two of them, and none since week 6.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

To date, there have been 517 accepted holding calls, plus another 132 that were either offsetting or declined. A total of 649 holding calls for the season. That's an average of just under 3 holding calls per game.

i would be curious to see how many holding penalties all the top pass rushers have drawn against their opponent

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
i would be curious to see how many holding penalties all the top pass rushers have drawn against their opponent
Yep, have been looking for that info. I know TJ Watt has become quite verbal about the lack of holding calls as well but it would be nice to see how all the top pass rushers fare in terms of getting these calls.

Somebody is getting holding calls though, it's not like there haven't been any.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The site I use goes back a ways. I just picked 2013 because it was 10 years ago, so enough of a year gap.

Counting the playoff games, in 2013 there were 587 accepted holding calls and 97 offsetting/declined, total of 684 in 267 games. The average for that year is 2.56 then v 2.7 now. The narrative that some of the owners/coaches/players believe applies to Parsons (and maybe a few others) is the league is calling LESS offensive holding now to improve offensive scoring, and that doesn't appear to be the case at all.

The frequency is essentially the same, they just arn't calling it for Parsons.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not even CLOSE to a takeaway either. Team got credit for zero passes defensed v Miami and only 2 v Buffalo

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I hate posting this because I love CeeDee and he's arguably our best player. Normally he is always giving maximum effort on blocking, sometimes running 20-30-40 yds downfield to block people.

But this is truly pathetic effort and it is NOT just him you can find these type of examples of. There's several from the past couple games on both sides of the ball. If the season flops (as it appears) stuff like this is a reflection of the head coach and staff.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not feeling particularly good about this game either.

The only way we can win I think is to be within one score at end of game and score a TD or FG with almost no time left. If we win I suspect it will be very similar to the Seattle game score-wise. Both teams well into the 30's.

I won't be surprised if we get run out of the stadium and ruin Jimmy RoH night though.

I really want a good game for Jimmy’s sake

I want all smiles and hand shakes and happy happy everything for Jimmy on his big day!

Plus, once the drapery drops and his name is revealed the 3 decade long curse will have finally been lifted!

“Fingers crossed”

It would really suck to have the team go out there and put up a performance like the did vs the Niners or Bills.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

That’s just fucking insane

I’m not a “the refs have it out for us” type of guy

But daaaayuuuuum! The proof is in da puddin every damn week when it comes to Parsons getting blatantly held with zero calls.

He has the most QB pressures in the league, yet he has the least amount of holding call against him too?

1 and 1 does not equal 2 right there!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yep, have been looking for that info. I know TJ Watt has become quite verbal about the lack of holding calls as well but it would be nice to see how all the top pass rushers fare in terms of getting these calls.

Somebody is getting holding calls though, it's not like there haven't been any.

Bosa is second in pressures. I would like to see where his holding calls stack up vs Micah

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hate posting this because I love CeeDee and he's arguably our best player. Normally he is always giving maximum effort on blocking, sometimes running 20-30-40 yds downfield to block people.

But this is truly pathetic effort and it is NOT just him you can find these type of examples of. There's several from the past couple games on both sides of the ball. If the season flops (as it appears) stuff like this is a reflection of the head coach and staff.

thats so bad

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
micah commenting on gronk commenting on micah commenting on brock purdy

Top Bottom