Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just heard on the local news that Nick Foles had to leave the game with a chest injury. But they didn’t say if he came back to the game or anything else for that matter

Anyone hear what happened or if he is going to be able to play next week?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I just heard on the local news that Nick Foles had to leave the game with a chest injury. But they didn’t say if he came back to the game or anything else for that matter

Anyone hear what happened or if he is going to be able to play next week?

It's his ribs, according to reports. He was four snaps shy of what he needed to collect a $1 million roster bonus for playing time. Tough break. No word on availability next week yet.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ouch

Broken ribs fucking hurt! Well only when you breath anyway, or cough, or sneeze. Even if his ribs aren’t broken he’s gonna hurt for awhile and won’t be himself

I took a baseball bat to the ribs in a fight before and that shit hurt for weeks. No flak jacket he may wear will keep him from feeling every little bump. They are gonna have to shoot him up and hope for the best

Unless Wentz is magically all better from his back injury by next week

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Garrett better be careful if he chooses to rest Dak. I know the two backups the Cowboys have need a ton of work, but it wouldn't surprise me if either one made Dak look bad for one game. I know it's not going to happen, but I'd love to see one of them put up 390 yards and throw for 4 TDs.

You nailed the stats amigo, but wrong QB

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Imagine what Barkley could do if he a line.

He had an OL at Penn State and did the same stuff.

Had some games with unbelievable numbers, but also had games where he wasn't much of a factor rushing the football. What'd he have yesterday, two or three good plays?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just like the Giants in 07. We swept them then they beat us in the playoffs. Things have changed in Philly. It's not anywhere near the team it was. Perhaps you haven't been watching them.

I'd much rather see Seattle. Don't want to see Philly.

Well the point was always moot because we were never playing Philly in the wildcard round, but they still don't have a secondary. si I'd have been perfectly happy playing them.

That game they played yesterday was essentially against a scab team. They're gonna get shitstomped in Chicago.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
None are. The best in the league this year is 12-15 from 40-49 yards. Our guy is 7-11. Ranking tied at 6th best in that range. Out of 32. Employed kickers now, not counting all the unemployed ones you want.

He's also missed two kicks from 30-39 yds, including the one yesterday that wasn't even close.

Amazingly he is 6/7 from 50+, including kicks of 59 and 62.

You are wrong on your numbers above by the way. The 12/15 is only the most FG's in the league from that distance. 22 different kickers have no more than 2 misses from 40-49 yds (many of those have 1 or no misses). From 30-39 thirty (30) guys have 1 or no misses.

Maher is also struggling to get touchbacks at this point, and our kick coverage is so bad that it is really hurting us.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
387 yards, 4 touchdown passes, no picks. And we have a putrid quarterback?

He's definitely not putrid, but he is inconsistent and he missed two absolute gimmee TD's yesterday to Cooper, in addition to taking two or three more bad sacks and nearly throwing a couple of pick 6's.

But in the end he came up big and helped pull out a W that was highly improbable, and he did it without the best player on the team (Zeke) and the two best OL (Martin and Smith, really three if you count Fred) not playing a single snap.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok where to start...

What happened in 07 with the NYG has zero bearing on what happens this season. We can look at the history of the league to find pretty much any data point to support pretty much any viewpoint.

In the end it’s meaningless.

What happened with a different team vs the Cowboys over a decade ago holds zero sway over what will happen with these teams this time around.

Your point is...
pointless

What we do know about this team this season is this....

We Beat PHI twice

And Lost to Seattle once

I would rather play a team we’ve beaten twice vs one that beat us once this season.

I agree about comparing what happened in 2007 to today, it has no bearing. We also don't have a starting QB who'll bail out the week before for a trip to Cabo instead of studying his ass off for the biggest game of his career. That said, the late season injuries to Romo and Owens played a part in losing that playoff game as well, and the game WAS horribly officiated and biased towards NYG.

Dooms, please stop with the tired "well we lost to the NYG in 2007 after beating them twice" crap. Why not bring up what happened two yrs later, when we DID beat Philly 3 times in the same season, including back to back weeks. (and my same logic applies from above, it has no bearing on what would happen THIS year)

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dodger it's good that Dak had a great game but definitely true it could have been a better one. But the thing is, truly he does hold the ball too long. I'm wondering if that's better than hurried panicky throws that result in bonehead picks. Getting rid of it just to avoid a sack. I'm wondering if better coaching and some quality rep time with his crop of receivers helps that any?

I noticed today him staring down receivers and that's a really bad habit to develop and must he corrected. He's done that off and on all season but moreso this season than others. These are all things that good coaching can fix. They're not doing this kid any favors with the quarterback room they have.

He's got the tools and the ability. But he needs work that I'm not sure he's getting. Would you agree?

A few things struck me yesterday watching live that we can't see on TV. As I mentioned earlier, I can't tell you how many times the receivers were running open but Dak never even progressed through his reads. He'll throw the ball even if that first (and only) read is covered and it's more of a throw away pass, if you know what I mean. He almost got picked yesterday and it would have went for 6 on just that type of play.

I agree that he doesn't throw the panic pass to often and I like that he throws the ball away but I'm telling you receivers (ie: Cooper) were getting visibly frustrated. There wasn't a CB on the field yesterday that could cover him. And Gallup was running open on quite a few plays as well. I just don't think Dak can read the D and look off his primary receiver, at least not consistently. I agree that coaching is a huge issue and I believe a day like yesterday was in spite of the team's HC; it was mostly Dak. I will say this though but it's just my opinion; when Dak's primary read gets open, he's super accurate. He has confidence and he knows what to do with the football.

I softened on Dak a bit after yesterday's game because I thought he carried the team. Zeke was out, the D didn't play well in the second half and he made some clutch, clutch throws. I give him credit. But I also saw some things that kind of confirmed my opinion as well. Cooper and Gallup could have/should have had big games yesterday. Gallup is a good WR.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
1) Glad we won yesterday and despite a few bad plays, Prescott had a huge game and did it without several of our best players.

2) Glad to see they discovered throwing to the TE was helpful.

3) Have real concerns about Maher going into the postseason.

4) After what's happened since the end of the last Philly game (where Philly easily scored TD's on back to back drives with the game on the line), the horrendous effort vs Indy, the lackluster effort vs Tampa and then yesterday's truly pathetic effort vs NYG, I don't need to hear one more word about how "great" this defense is. Our defense is garbage right now. They have tackled like absolute shit since that New Orleans game, and I bet they missed 20 or more tackles in yesterdays game alone.

5) In addition to bad defense, we have the worst special teams of any team going into the postseason.

6) The league office should care that officiating is laughably, ridiculously bad. But doesn't. I'm not just talking about our games either. I watched a few other games yesterday at a sports bar and saw plenty of examples of ineptitude (at best) or corruption (at worst). I also still think its highly suspicious that the league office abruptly fired a lead official earlier in the season for "bad" officiating, but week after week, game after game you see stuff just as bad, if not worse and none of these other clods is fired. It tells me the guy was fired for something else that the league office desperately didn't want getting out, and I'd venture to guess it was gambling/point spread related. Incompetence does not explain many of these calls.

Edit:

7) Nobody's been a bigger Sean Lee fan than me over the years, but he looked hopeless yesterday. If they give him significant snaps in the postseason, its a horrible, terrible mistake. he looked BAD out there yesterday.

Top Bottom