Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Third different thing you've said, as the reason "the opponent doesn't matter." Backpedaling and wiggling the goalposts around, trying to fit that illogical square peg into the rational round hole.

When the fact is, the opponent DOES matter. A lot. Especially when one is very familiar with you, has a chip on its shoulder and hates you.

I will simplify things for you. None of the other shit will matter.

We will lose in the playoffs because of Jason Garrett. He will get out coached by ANY other coach in the playoffs. And that will cost us the game.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Cardinals have blocked 2 Seattle punts today. Remember when Joe Avezzano was our special teams coach and it seemed like we used to block a punt every other week?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Now that the Eagles won, it looks like the Vikings will lose, and Seattle will win, which team do we end up with?

I haven’t been able to watch the games. So I haven’t heard the different scenarios

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Now that the Eagles won, it looks like the Vikings will lose, and Seattle will win, which team do we end up with?

I haven’t been able to watch the games. So I haven’t heard the different scenarios

From what I understand it will be Seattle.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2018 NFC Playoffs

Cowboys vs Seattle
Bears vs Eagles

Gruden trades his #1 WR to the Cowboys and we are in the playoffs because of the trade

He trades his #1 defensive player to the Bears and they are in the playoffs because of the trade

Gruden’s new and improved Raiders went 4-12 on the season

He better summon his inner Jimmy Johnson and turn those picks into gold or he is going to be riding a shitstorm for years to come until they fire him

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I will simplify things for you. None of the other shit will matter.

We will lose in the playoffs because of Jason Garrett. He will get out coached by ANY other coach in the playoffs. And that will cost us the game.

You didn't "simplify" anything, you just modified the argument.

If you believe we're losing no matter what, then of course the opponent doesn't matter. But that's not what the debate topic was. The debate was, who do you think we have a better chance against, and you said Philly.

Unable to come up with anything logical to explain that, you simply punted.

Let's call it what it is.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You didn't "simplify" anything, you just modified the argument.

If you believe we're losing no matter what, then of course the opponent doesn't matter. But that's not what the debate topic was. The debate was, who do you think we have a better chance against, and you said Philly.

Unable to come up with anything logical to explain that, you simply punted.

Let's call it what it is.

Actually what I said that started all of this was in post #101 where I said

“it doesn’t matter who we play in the playoffs

We ALL know we are going to lose regardless of the opponent”

So yes, I do believe we are losing no matter what. Which was precisely my point from the beginning

Which you failed to comprehend

It is you who is moving the goal post.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Gruden trades

Gruden didn't trade anyone, the Raiders GM did, reportedly because those two players have the same agent and that GM didn't like the agent. The GM was fired.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Dodger, can you hit Garrett with a D cell from where you're sitting?
Asking for several thousand friends.

That scrub strutted out during warm ups with a smile on his face. Best job in the world for 4 million plus a year. I was 15 rows from the field but in the corner of the endzone. I used to have an arm in my younger years but not so much now or I would have made a few thousand people very happy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Actually what I said that started all of this was in post #101 where I said

“it doesn’t matter who we play in the playoffs

We ALL know we are going to lose regardless of the opponent”
And that statement stands on its own and wasn't part of the debate that ensued after. Nobody was arguing that at any point, ever. You're being intentionally obtuse. Because after I said I would rather see Seattle, YOU entered that debate saying you would rather have the Eagles. YOU were debating MY point, not the other way around.
We’ve beaten PHI twice this season so I’d rather see them over Seattle at this point. It would be poetic justice if we had to beat the Eagles on the road to the Super Bowl. Beating the Eagles 3 games in one season would be great

See? We weren't debating whether we would lose or not, we were debating who we think we would have a better chance against.

You can't hide, you can't weasel your way out of it. You swayed back and forth like a willow in a hurricane, backpedaled like Everson Walls, swerved like Tony Dorsett and dodged like Staubach, and still couldn't make a respectable argument for why you would rather see the eagles. Then you tried to back out of the whole thing by saying it doesn't matter anyway, when before you were saying it did matter.

The debate was NOT if we would lose, the debate was who do we like our chances better against.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You're being intentionally obtuse. Because after I said I would rather see Seattle, YOU entered that debate saying you would rather have the Eagles. YOU were debating MY point, not the other way around.

See? We weren't debating whether we would lose or not, we were debating who we think we would have a better chance against.

The debate was NOT if we would lose, the debate was who do we like our chances better against.

And I stated specifically why I wanted the Eagles over Seattle in my post that you quoted. I said it was because we have already beaten the Eagles twice this season. I didn’t even add the fact that we lost to Seattle this season.

Top Bottom