dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another example closer to Zeke in what you're saying is Hershel Walker. Never lifted weights, ever. Just a pure, natural talent. And really never worked to get any better, to get nifty like Emmitt was. He was just Hershel and with him, you got what you got. Which was better than most had.But by all reports came into training camp this year lighter, and in the best shape he's been in.

I think Charles Haley never lifted weights either IIRC

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If you think 2014 and 2016 were wasted opportunities, I really feel like this year is just as bad, there is no team I look at think "that team would beat the Cowboys" 9 out of 10 times. A lot of people think NO is the team to beat and they may well be, but they are far from unbeatable. A decent offensive staff, not even great, and the Cowboys could make the post season very interesting, but we all know how this movie ends.

Yep, this year is potentially worse than 2014 or 2016 for the reasons you named, also because the overall talent is considerably better. The 14 & 16 OL's were significantly better than ours today, but I'd say overall from man 1 through man 53 the roster is better.

Wasted due to shitass coaching. We'd easily be 10-4 or 11-3 with a better quality HC and staff, hell maybe 12-2 or 13-1.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
60% of it was missing yesterday so it is hard to argue otherwise.

Yep. And Tyron is probably playing at 75-80% at best. Collins is not all that good at RT, certainly not as good as Free in 2014 anyway.

That's the guy everyone wanted dumped/replaced, but he was considerably better than Collins is. People keep saying the coaches mismanaged him and he should be at LG, but they forget he played LG before and wasn't very good at it. Leary was eons better and the same people saying the coaches "mismanaged him" today are the same ones that said coaches were stupid for putting him at G as a rookie and 2nd yr player.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Hos calling Bill Bates "legendary" was only slightly more retarded

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Is Romo a Hall of Famer compared to Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson? Yep

Is he a Hall of Famer compared to other legit GOATs? No way in hell. Not even remotely close.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yep, this year is potentially worse than 2014 or 2016 for the reasons you named, also because the overall talent is considerably better. The 14 & 16 OL's were significantly better than ours today, but I'd say overall from man 1 through man 53 the roster is better.

Wasted due to shitass coaching. We'd easily be 10-4 or 11-3 with a better quality HC and staff, hell maybe 12-2 or 13-1.

Truly for the first time in 20-plus years, I believe we have the personnel to get the Lombardi. Lack of depth hurts and some key positions are a bit shaky but overall compared to average NFL personnel we're on the better end if the scale overall.

The biggest problem we have is THE COACHING.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Truly for the first time in 20-plus years, I believe we have the personnel to get the Lombardi. Lack of depth hurts and some key positions are a bit shaky but overall compared to average NFL personnel we're on the better end if the scale overall.

The biggest problem we have is THE COACHING.

Hopefully our Executive of the Year a few years ago will be honest and realistic and make the much needed change wiht the coach. He wont change the GM but can change the coach.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
a5c7364d8fe0b083c0e584365a698605.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hopefully our Executive of the Year a few years ago will be honest and realistic and make the much needed change wiht the coach. He wont change the GM but can change the coach.

The chef can no longer throw up his hands and complain about the ingredients and have a case, like he could in years past. He's still serving the same plate of hammered dogshit he always did. It ain't the ingredients, it's the chef and always was.

Even booze-addled Jerral surely now sees that.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The chef can no longer throw up his hands and complain about the ingredients and have a case, like he could in years past. He's still serving the same plate of hammered dogshit he always did. It ain't the ingredients, it's the chef and always was.

Even booze-addled Jerral surely now sees that.

A lot of us could see it 5-6 years ago so Jerry knows it. He's just been hanging on hoping he would look good by being patient and "knowing" how good things could be. He wants nothing more than to be able to say, I told you so. But he has to know his delusions of that scenario were just that, delusions.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
A lot of us could see it 5-6 years ago so Jerry knows it. He's just been hanging on hoping he would look good by being patient and "knowing" how good things could be. He wants nothing more than to be able to say, I told you so. But he has to know his delusions of that scenario were just that, delusions.

5-6 years ago Carrot had a case, about the ingredients. Personnel-wise we were below average. That's been steadily improving though with I suspect, the influence of McClay. It's to the point now that even with the decimated o-line and lack of depth in some important areas, our personnel matches up with most anyone's. Carrot no longer has a case for why his cooking stinks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
5-6 years ago Carrot had a case, about the ingredients. Personnel-wise we were below average. That's been steadily improving though with I suspect, the influence of McClay. It's to the point now that even with the decimated o-line and lack of depth in some important areas, our personnel matches up with most anyone's. Carrot no longer has a case for why his cooking stinks.

100% truth

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This guy doesnt move like your average LB, I expect his pass coverage to improve greatly.

Top Bottom